• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I feel I’m losing faith in people and ultimately want to cut them off completely! What do I do? 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,021
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,326
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

14 hours ago, Cornelia Justice said:

I feel I’m losing faith in people and ultimately want to cut them off completely! What do I do? 

Sometimes we can get hurt or lose trust in certain people....I think we still need to love people and forgive them, but you don't need to have a close relationship with people that prove untrustworthy.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,224
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

When we look to our own resource, that of 1st born abilities, we will exhaust every effort in failure... but if we are born again we have God's Person The Holy Spirit an endless resource!
                                                                     welcome building upon Bible 245 smal.jpg

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,271
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  1

Yes others will treat us poorly.  Christ is the object of our joy.  God is a god of justice, if people treat us poorly we have an advocate in Christ who always intercedes for us.  We do not wish justice on others we leave it in the hands of the Lord.  Psalm 5:11 But let all those who take refuge and put their trust in You rejoice; let them ever sing and shout for joy, because You make a covering over them; let those also who love Your name be joyful in You and be in high spirits.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

19 hours ago, Cornelia Justice said:

Without knowing your situation, it's hard to give practical counsel.  Sometimes we get caught in a situation where it is difficult to avoid certain people and get away from them.  Sometimes we have the option to spend time with other people that are more spiritually and emotionally healthy for us to be around.

One of the most important things is to learn how to see everyone through God's eyes.  Every person you see was created by God as a unique person that was meant to reflect His glory is some way unique to them.  However, that God-created person is often hidden and suppressed by some combination of sin, spiritual and emotional wounds, deception, and bondage.  Somewhere deep within them is that person meant to show God's glory awaiting the work of Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit in them to bring out that person who is meant to be a blessing to all those around them.  

Now, until that happens, it doesn't mean that they are necessarily safe for us to be around. :) But, in the mean time, people can appear very different to us when we look past the sinful, hurtful, frustrating, and sometimes dangerous behavior to try to see the buried treasure within that is awaiting God's touch and work to bring out.   Sometimes God puts us in a position to be part of that process of refinement and restoration in someone's life.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,882
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

Welcome!

As Yowm said, our faith should not be in people, but in God. We know people will let us down. But God wants us to not cut ourselves off from them; how can we witness if we do so?