IGNORED

Is walking without falling into sin possible in this life?

Gideon

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,435
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, Gideon said:

Warrior, I so apologize. Somehow I responded to another poster (Yown) and it included yours as well, so it looked like I as saying hard things to you. Please forgive me. It was totally unintentional. As a matter of fact, you have thoroughly impressed me with your words. 

Gids

Hey brother, forgiven.  Any man who is humble and acknowledges his errors and ask me for forgiveness, I take the Lord teaching to do so.  Do not think you have insulted me at all.  You have a right to your opinion.  Really, no worries. 

Also, just to mention, I wrote in my last post how I thought about sin and its effects on our life. It may not be correct, but it is just my take on how live on earth here and also interact with the spirit world.  I know it is contrary to your view, but it is the way I see it anyway. 

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1

10 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

Reality. I live in the real world.  The heart, who knows it.  Do you really know my relationship with the Lord.  Who said anything about willful sin.  Because your theory or your revelation or your transformation has kept you from total sin, it does not mean there are people who still struggle.   Yes, we must avoid all sin, but show me the man who has that perfection .    The next time you go to the closet, make sure you close the door tight.

Again brother, I want to make sure you understand my response. A brother said that the warning against willful sin in Hebrews was not aimed at Christians and I was simply in disbelief. To risk ones soul over an assumption as to what this verse means is a gamble only a fool would take. Yowm, I mean no disrespect, but this is critically serious error. Think about it. To sin knowing it is wrong, trusting that you can be forgiven later is the ultimate in callousness and treating the blood of the lamb as a common thing. 

I am so sorry for my mistake. 

Gids

2 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Sorry, this is an open forum. Sorry my challenges are met with a hopeful censoring.

You are correct. It is an open forum. But the Lord has called us to peace. So, if you would be so kind, please refrain from posting on my OP’s  and I will do the same with you. Is that acceptable? 

Thanks, ad you are in my prayers. 

Gideon

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

5 minutes ago, Gideon said:

You are correct. It is an open forum. But the Lord has called us to peace. So, if you would be so kind, please refrain from posting on my OP’s  and I will do the same with you. Is that acceptable? 

Thanks, ad you are in my prayers. 

Gideon

May I ask what he did which offend you?

I only saw him speaking truthful things and quoting Bible verses?

Does Hebrews 10:26 mean that a believer can lose salvation?

Question: "Does Hebrews 10:26 mean that a believer can lose salvation?"

Answer: “For if we are willfully sinning after receiving the full knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice concerning sins.” Hebrews 10:26-29 warns against the sin of apostasy. Apostasy is an intentional falling away or defection. Apostates are those who move toward Christ, right up to the edge of saving belief, who hear and understand the Gospel, and are on the verge of saving faith, but then reject what they have learned and turn away. These are people who are perhaps even aware of their sin and even make a profession of faith. But rather than going on to spiritual maturity, their interest in Christ begins to diminish, the things of the world have more attraction to them rather than less, and eventually they lose all desire for the things of God and they turn away. The Lord illustrated these types of people in the second and third soils of Matthew 13:1-9, 18-23. These are those who “receive with joy” the things of the Lord, but who are drawn away by the cares of the world or turned off by difficulties they encounter because of Christ.

“Willful sinning” in this passage carries the idea of consciously and deliberately rejecting Christ. To know God’s way, to hear it preached, to study it, to count oneself among the faithful, and then to turn away is to become apostate. Sinning willfully carries with it the idea of sinning continually and deliberately. Such a person does not sin because of ignorance, nor is he carried away by momentary temptations he is too weak to resist. The willful sinner sins because of an established way of thinking and acting which he has no desire to give up. The true believer, on the other hand, is one who lapses into sin and loses temporary fellowship with God. But he will eventually come back to God in repentance because his heavenly Father will continually woo and convict him until he can’t stay away any longer. The true apostate will continue to sin, deliberately, willingly and with abandon. John tells us that “No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him and he cannot sin, because he is born of God” (1 John 3:9).

Apostates have knowledge, but no application of that knowledge. They can be found in the presence of the light of Christ, mostly in the church, among God’s people. Judas Iscariot is the perfect example—he had knowledge but he lacked true faith. No other rejector of the truth had more or better exposure to the love and grace of God than Judas. He was part of Jesus’ inner circle of disciples, eating, sleeping, and traveling with Him for years. He saw the miracles and heard the words of God from Jesus’ very lips, from the best preacher the world has ever known, and yet he not only turned away but was instrumental in the plot to kill Jesus.

Having turned his back on the truth, and with full knowledge choosing to willfully and continually sin, the apostate is then beyond salvation because he has rejected the one true sacrifice for sins: the Lord Jesus Christ. If Christ’s sacrifice is rejected, then all hope of salvation is gone. To turn away willfully from this sacrifice leaves no sacrifice; it leaves only sin, the penalty for which is eternal death. This passage is not speaking of a believer who falls away, but rather someone who may claim to be a believer, but truly is not. Anyone who apostatizes is proving he never had genuine faith to begin with (1 John 2:19).https://www.gotquestions.org/Hebrews-10-26.html

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Yowm said:

No. I told you ALL sin is willful. But the wilfull sin in Hebrews is what you continue to refer to and that was addressing those halt between two opinions. Please don't bear false witness as that is a sin in itself...

Hebrews 10:26-29 KJVS
[26] For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, [27] But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. [28] He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: [29] Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

No brother all sin is not willful. In Romans, Paul said of his desire to do right.  “To will is present with me, but how to perform it I find not”. 

He was a prisoner of sin. He wanted to stop. He couldn’t. If you know any drug addicts, you will find many who hate their addiction but the sin is simply too strong. Do you see that? 

Later, praise God, he said it is God that workers in us both to will AND to do of His good pleasure. That is victory that Christ offers. 

Blessongs, Gideon

7 minutes ago, angels4u said:

Does Hebrews 10:26 mean that a believer can lose salvation?

Question: "Does Hebrews 10:26 mean that a believer can lose salvation?"

Answer: “For if we are willfully sinning after receiving the full knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice concerning sins.” Hebrews 10:26-29 warns against the sin of apostasy. Apostasy is an intentional falling away or defection. Apostates are those who move toward Christ, right up to the edge of saving belief, who hear and understand the Gospel, and are on the verge of saving faith, but then reject what they have learned and turn away. These are people who are perhaps even aware of their sin and even make a profession of faith. But rather than going on to spiritual maturity, their interest in Christ begins to diminish, the things of the world have more attraction to them rather than less, and eventually they lose all desire for the things of God and they turn away. The Lord illustrated these types of people in the second and third soils of Matthew 13:1-9, 18-23. These are those who “receive with joy” the things of the Lord, but who are drawn away by the cares of the world or turned off by difficulties they encounter because of Christ.

“Willful sinning” in this passage carries the idea of consciously and deliberately rejecting Christ. To know God’s way, to hear it preached, to study it, to count oneself among the faithful, and then to turn away is to become apostate. Sinning willfully carries with it the idea of sinning continually and deliberately. Such a person does not sin because of ignorance, nor is he carried away by momentary temptations he is too weak to resist. The willful sinner sins because of an established way of thinking and acting which he has no desire to give up. The true believer, on the other hand, is one who lapses into sin and loses temporary fellowship with God. But he will eventually come back to God in repentance because his heavenly Father will continually woo and convict him until he can’t stay away any longer. The true apostate will continue to sin, deliberately, willingly and with abandon. John tells us that “No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him and he cannot sin, because he is born of God” (1 John 3:9).

Apostates have knowledge, but no application of that knowledge. They can be found in the presence of the light of Christ, mostly in the church, among God’s people. Judas Iscariot is the perfect example—he had knowledge but he lacked true faith. No other rejector of the truth had more or better exposure to the love and grace of God than Judas. He was part of Jesus’ inner circle of disciples, eating, sleeping, and traveling with Him for years. He saw the miracles and heard the words of God from Jesus’ very lips, from the best preacher the world has ever known, and yet he not only turned away but was instrumental in the plot to kill Jesus.

Having turned his back on the truth, and with full knowledge choosing to willfully and continually sin, the apostate is then beyond salvation because he has rejected the one true sacrifice for sins: the Lord Jesus Christ. If Christ’s sacrifice is rejected, then all hope of salvation is gone. To turn away willfully from this sacrifice leaves no sacrifice; it leaves only sin, the penalty for which is eternal death. This passage is not speaking of a believer who falls away, but rather someone who may claim to be a believer, but truly is not. Anyone who apostatizes is proving he never had genuine faith to begin with (1 John 2:19).https://www.gotquestions.org/Hebrews-10-26.html

Jesus said “why do you call me Lord, Lord, and not do the things I command you?”

Ist John 3  tells us:

”In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
                                   1 John 3:10

The Bible tells is “

Let all who name the name of the Lord depart from iniquity.”

We have been taught by wolves in sheep’s clothing that no matter how we now live, we cannot lose our salvation. Even though there are multi ties of warnings saying the opposite very clearly, the teaching persists for the sole purpose of robbing people of their birthright. 

Some have adopted this view in error, an one of the main reasons is that thy see no way to actually walk above their old nature. But make no mistake, others who stand by this error and who simply choose to ignore clear warnings simply like their sin more than correction.

The entire New Testament is an exhortation to walk holy before the Lord, and to love Him with ALL of our hearts. But because we have not been taught how, we have reached out for any hope that can make it ok, rather than falling on our faces and  crying out for deliverance as Paul I’d in Romans 7. Paul said that he kept his body under (dead and buried) last after preaching to others, He himself might become a castaway. 

How are we re-interpreting this? .We are being deceived and as Godlaments.... “and my people love it so.”

The light is dawning. We will see clearly in the days to come. There will be none who stay here due to faulty teaching. They will stay because they do not want to repent nor give up their sin. May None here fall into that category. 

Blessings, Gideon

15 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Paul in Rom 7 is describing one who was attempting righteousness through the law whether or not they were a Christian. That is made obvious by his opening statements...

Or do you not know, brothers—for I am speaking to those who know the law—that the law is binding on a person only as long as he lives? For a married woman is bound by law to her husband while he lives, but if her husband dies she is released from the law of marriage. Accordingly, she will be called an adulteress if she lives with another man while her husband is alive. But if her husband dies, she is free from that law, and if she marries another man she is not an adulteress. Likewise, my brothers, you also have died to the law through the body of Christ, so that you may belong to another, to him who has been raised from the dead, in order that we may bear fruit for God. For while we were living in the flesh, our sinful passions, aroused by the law, were at work in our members to bear fruit for death. But now we are released from the law, having died to that which held us captive, so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit and not in the old way of the written code.
(Rom 7:1-6)

He goes on to cite the dynamic relationship between our will, the law, flesh and indwelling sin. This in no way excuses sin, as the root of sin is unbelief...not the law.

Amen !

(Rom 7:1-6 So long as a man continues under the law as a covenant, and seeks justification by his own obedience, he continues the slave of sin in some form. Nothing but the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus, can make any sinner free from the law of sin and death. Believers are delivered from that power of the law, which condemns for the sins committed by them. And they are delivered from that power of the law which stirs up and provokes the sin that dwells in them. Understand this not of the law as a rule, but as a covenant of works. In profession and privilege, we are under a covenant of grace, and not under a covenant of works; under the gospel of Christ, not under the law of Moses. The difference is spoken of under the similitude or figure of being married to a new husband. The second marriage is to Christ. By death we are freed from obligation to the law as a covenant, as the wife is from her vows to her husband. In our believing powerfully and effectually, we are dead to the law, and have no more to do with it than the dead servant, who is freed from his master, has to do with his master's yoke. The day of our believing, is the day of being united to the Lord Jesus. We enter upon a life of dependence on him, and duty to him. Good works are from union with Christ; as the fruitfulness of the vine is the product of its being united to its roots; there is no fruit to God, till we are united to Christ. The law, and the greatest efforts of one under the law, still in the flesh, under the power of corrupt principles, cannot set the heart right with regard to the love of God, overcome worldly lusts, or give truth and sincerity in the inward parts, or any thing that comes by the special sanctifying influences of the Holy Spirit. Nothing more than a formal obedience to the outward letter of any precept, can be performed by us, without the renewing, new-creating grace of the new covenant.Matthew Henry Commentary

10 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Paul in Rom 7 is describing one who was attempting righteousness through the law whether or not they were a Christian. That is made obvious by his opening statements...

Or do you not know, brothers—for I am speaking to those who know the law—that the law is binding on a person only as long as he lives? For a married woman is bound by law to her husband while he lives, but if her husband dies she is released from the law of marriage. Accordingly, she will be called an adulteress if she lives with another man while her husband is alive. But if her husband dies, she is free from that law, and if she marries another man she is not an adulteress. Likewise, my brothers, you also have died to the law through the body of Christ, so that you may belong to another, to him who has been raised from the dead, in order that we may bear fruit for God. For while we were living in the flesh, our sinful passions, aroused by the law, were at work in our members to bear fruit for death. But now we are released from the law, having died to that which held us captive, so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit and not in the old way of the written code.
(Rom 7:1-6)

He goes on to cite the dynamic relationship between our will, the law, flesh and indwelling sin. This in no way excuses sin, as the root of sin is unbelief...not the law.

Again, you are ignoring large portions of scriptures. This will be my last reply to you for now. I ask that you kindly honor my request and refrain from more posts on any of my OP’s. Thanks.

Gideon

Edited by Gideon

3 minutes ago, Gideon said:

Jesus said “why do you call me Lord, Lord, and not do the things I command you?”

Ist John 3  tells us:

”In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
                                   1 John 3:10

The Bible tells is “

Let all who name the name of the Lord depart from iniquity.”

We have been taught by wolves in sheep’s clothing that no matter how we now live, we cannot lose our salvation. Even though there are multi ties of warnings saying the opposite very clearly, the teaching persists for the sole purpose of robbing people of their birthright. 

Some have adopted this view in error, an one of the main reasons is that thy see no way to actually walk above their old nature. But make no mistake, others who stand by this error and who simply choose to ignore clear warnings simply like their sin more than correction.

The entire New Testament is an exhortation to walk holy before the Lord, and to love Him with ALL of our hearts. But because we have not been taught how, we have reached out for any hope that can make it ok, rather than falling on our faces and  crying out for deliverance as Paul I’d in Romans 7. Paul said that he kept his body under (dead and buried) last after preaching to others, He himself might become a castaway. 

How are we re-interpreting this? .We are being deceived and as Godlaments.... “and my people love it so.”

The light is dawning. We will see clearly in the days to come. There will be none who stay here due to faulty teaching. They will stay because they do not want to repent nor give up their sin. May None here fall into that category. 

Blessings, Gideon

pe

3 minutes ago, Gideon said:

Again, you are ignoring large portions of scriptures. This will be my last reply to you for now. I ask that you kindly honor my request and refrain from more posts on any of my OP’s. Thanks.

Gideon

What did Yown do to you the to politely disagree with your views?