IGNORED

Do we have to do good works to be saved ?

Wayne222

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0

We always need to seek forgiveness for our sins daily. Paul said " wretched man that I am who shall  deliver me from the body of sin 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, JTC said:

I agree with this. I also didn't read the whole thread. If you're saved 1 to 5 yrs you may not have many good works. But if you're saved 20 yrs you better have quite a few. If not you probably weren't sincere in accepting Jesus. However, you also may live in a strange place, probably without TV, and you have received the worst teaching there is. Although, 35 to 50 yrs ago no one taught the importance of good works and the necessity of not sinning. I mean major sins like a married man who cheated on his wife consistently for 25 yrs. Guys like him make me glad I'm not Jesus because this guy honestly believed he was saved. I don't know what Jesus will do with such people, and I'm afraid there are many like him. Maybe guys like him are who Paul meant in 1 Corinthians ch 3. (and this is another reason we want to have good works). Apparently when some Christians are given their life review they suffer much loss. They will be saved but as 1 who was rescued from fire. I really wish the Bible had been very clear on this but it isn't. Personally, I hope to avoid the fire altogether, but I may not. I think I used to do better before I joined my first church and heard about how sins don't matter. I always knew that's not true, but I was young and a new believer and they told me what I wanted to hear. But all my Bible readings tell me what we do is of the utmost importance to God.

From your post I see that you tent to judge the faith of others by whatever "works" are known to you. 

JESUS CHRIST does not Judge by the same standard, and does not walk together with you in this matter. 

Your method, it is working through fear, 

And also leads you into deception. 

JESUS works through LOVE and is perfect love for us casts out all fear of going to Hell. 

As long as he sits on the Heavenly Throne we have no fear. 

Hope that he remains as the Judge of all. 

We are lucky that we do not live in the old testiment, that the sinner had to offer a sacrifice for the forgiveness of their sins. 

Can you imagine to live in Australia and had to travel all the way to Jerusalem to the Temple for there cannot be more than one Temple. 

I am wondering if there are any Jews in Australia. 

Pray that JESUS remains on the Throne forever, 

The CHRIST must rule from the Throne of his Father forever. 

Hope you consider that as believers we are under the eternal fountain of the blood of JESUS CHRIST, 

Whether we know it or not, 

FAITH ON THE CROSS puts us there when we believe, and the life we live is a life under his blood whether we understand this or not. 

JESUS CHRIST knows that , that what it counts. 

JESUS CHRIST wants people to continue to believe in him no matter in what situation they are. 

In unrepentance, or in repentannce, in anger, in bitterness, in unforgivness, in doubt, in undultery, in murder......

JESUS will never say to any one "don't believe in me", you are not good to believe in me. 

People will say that those people do not glorified the name of JESUS because they are not good examples of believers. 

This is what shows the Glorious Love of Jesus CHRIST that he died not only for his disciples who were not sinners,

But he died for sinners.

No that JESUS indetifies with the sinners, but that the sinners unidentified with him through his blood, in his work on the Cross, in his name. 

This is the brightness of his Glory that the Devil does not have the power to take anyone who believes in JESUS CHRIST and lives as a sinner. 

JESUS CHRIS. Triumphant over the Devil ,

Over Hades and Death he has the keys. 

As he promish to Adam and Eve, after the fall. 

What is it, that is not clear to you, so It can be explain . 

That JESUS died while we were sinners. 

Or about the ETERNAL LIFE. 

Is there something you don't think is from the teachings of Paul. 

Any way 

God bless 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  596
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  03/01/1969

Works never saved anyone.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

3 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

We always need to seek forgiveness for our sins daily. Paul said " wretched man that I am who shall  deliver me from the body of sin 

Hi Mike. I have always wondered should I ask forgiveness for my sins, when all my sins, past, present. and future have already been forgiven. In 1st john I am commanded to confess my sins, and He is faithful to forgive them (and cleanse me from 'all' unrighteousness). I do confess sins as needed, immediately, and press on. I cannot find anywhere that says to seek forgiveness. Could you tell/show where the scripture is. Thanks.

Act_26:18  To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me

Eph_1:7  In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

25 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Jesus identifies with us as he took on our humanity for that reason.

I was commenting about another intentification about the one Jesus gives to those who believe in him.

He gives his righteousness and his ETERNAL LIFE. 

"So as he is so are we"

Judging motive.

It does creates fear , the suggestion to those who confess faith in Jesus Christ, that they don't realy believe because the way they live. 

Intents to cause fear in them, the fear of going to Hell. 

So they seek to aliviate and remedy  the fear of death, or going to Hell with their good works. 

He has already stated He will be the eternal Judge. No need to hope.

God doesn't work through luck. He is a God of certainty. The sacrifices only covered sin, it did not forgive them.

No need to. His Word says He will reign forever.

See above.

That what I said we do not live in fear because Jesus will rain for ever from the Heavenly Throne.

And we want him to stay there on the right hand of the Father. 

He can come down the way he came down and appeared to Paul after his ansention, and the way he appeared to John in the isles of Patmos. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.56

20 hours ago, Riccardo said:

Faith with out works, is saying, you say you have faith but your actions prove otherwise. Therefore your actions display your faith. The faith that saves. James 2:20 But do you not know O foolish man, that faith with out works is dead. Meaning the faith you say you have is not there, you are all words, if you had the faith you say, it would automatically be displayed by your actions. 

Well, Eph 2:8-9 is proof that James 2 is not referring to faith that saves, it's referring to Godly righteousness. The faith that saves is only through believing and confessing. James 2 is referring to works. God bless

3 minutes ago, Heb 13:8 said:

Well, Eph 2:8-9 is proof that James 2 is not referring to faith that saves, it's referring to Godly righteousness. The faith that saves is only through believing and confessing. James 2 is referring to works. God bless

The works James was refering to were works of charity or kindness to someone who had a need for some food. 

So the asking party , the person in need, before he approach his neibour's house he was praying and asking God to help him and ask the having neibour to help him. 

The scripture said that God will provide. 

So he had the faith that God will provide through this man and he knocked on his door, only to find out that his faith did not produce the fruit theroff because the rich man did not do the work of charity to meet his need. 

That's what James is telling his cogregation if those who have do not do the good work of charity, their fellows in need will be hungry, no matter how much they pray and ask God to help them

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  528
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

It's not so much if you do or don't do certain things..... It is more — have you REALLY chosen to follow Jesus if you resist doing as He did and asks us to also do...... and even more, spitefully refuse to act like Him.

Edited by Willie T

8 minutes ago, Willie T said:

It's not so much if you do or don't do certain things..... It is more — have you REALLY chosen to follow Jesus if you resist doing as He did and asks us to also do...... and even more, spitefully refuse to act like Him.

This is something that can be brought to the discussion table, I do not say anything about that not for and not against. 

Everyone is different and has its own mission, we do not know what the Lord has for him.. 

I have live my life without going through a war. 

But my past generations all of them have gone through a war even more than one. 

I think you are taking too far to want to suffer like him and be like him.

This is not the will of God in your life or anyones life. 

And he never told the disciples to be like him.

Paul is on a special mission, and no one needs to imitate him, and not to have a family, or a wife and to not have a permanet address. 

Not real estate property.

He did not require to serve his country by joining the military, or as a fireman or police officer or a politician .

Maybe Jesus wants you to relax and smell the roses and do not carry the world upon your shoulders.

If you must work with him, and do not lead him into the battle.