revolving door church attendance

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

I see some on here are blaming the churches. I would say that it maybe some are to blame. But I don't put all the blame on the churches. When we reach our 20's we are for the most part no longer under the thump of our parents. I think for some, church going and all that goes along with that is just for show. Their parents make them. They want to please their parents. But in truth they never really let Jesus into their hearts or their lives. Then when they reach the age of adulthood, they go their own way. Not because of what the church did or did not do. But because they made a choice. So while yes I will agree that some churches can be to blame. But not all. Sometimes people just choice the Dark Side.  :vader:   

Some of them attended my church. Some of them left and went their own way. Some of them did not come back. But I attended the same church. And here I am, following the path. So I can not say the blame is on the church alone. A choice was given. A choice was made. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

10 minutes ago, Heart2Soul said:

Well who will be the one that judges who these people are....???????????????????

GOD WILL .    But its our duty to name and expose them and not allow them to seduce the people .

I have this against YOU ,  you allow that prophetess to TEACH and SEDUCE my people .  WE cannot allow wolves to fleece the flocks.  WE must expose those who do not adhere

to sound doctrine .    WE must name them .   I am beggng us all,  I am only doing what is right .    I am not their judge,  but I DO EXPOSE them false wolves who appear

in sheeps clothes .  And I aint talking about one lil mistake .  I MEAN full out FALSE ONES .  like KENNETH COPELAND ,  rick warren , pope francis , emergent church

this all inclusive unity move , interfaith   OUTRIGHT LIES .  super false men . 

2 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

I see some on here are blaming the churches. I would say that it maybe some are to blame. But I don't put all the blame on the churches. When we reach our 20's we are for the most part no longer under the thump of our parents. I think for some, church going and all that goes along with that is just for show. Their parents make them. They want to please their parents. But in truth they never really let Jesus into their hearts or their lives. Then when they reach the age of adulthood, they go their own way. Not because of what the church did or did not do. But because they made a choice. So while yes I will agree that some churches can be to blame. But not all. Sometimes people just choice the Dark Side.  :vader:   

Some of them attended my church. Some of them left and went their own way. Some of them did not come back. But I attended the same church. And here I am, following the path. So I can not say the blame is on the church alone. A choice was given. A choice was made. 

SISTER you spot on , ITS NOT just the churches fault .    Those who sit under them and love what they teach are just as much at fault . 

We have got to mark those who teach contrary to doctrine , warn against them ,  expose their deeds ,  and keep no company with them and tell others NOT TOO also .

THAT is our christain duty .    IF we love we warn .   

20 minutes ago, Heart2Soul said:

You are now getting them involved in the responsibility of their life....and that is my point all along.....it is on them....they have been taught, they know right from wrong, they have the CHOICE to choose which path they will follow. So it isn't about the Power of God's Word to manifest in our lives as we speak it and live it....the whole point is I can speak it over someone else all I want but They are the one's responsible to abide by it. 

but It is our responsibility to do all to correct .  IF they don't hear it , THEN we move on , separate them out .   Leaven can infect the whole group

IF it is left unchecked , uncorrected .    WE must hold to the pattern the early church taught us .  WE must .  

WE have got major problems .  WOULD anyone hear let their own child sit under or be influenced by men who would teach them things that could cause their death .

Would we let our children be influenced by say , men who would say and teach IF you go out into the busiest intersection and run right in front of a bus

you will find great joy .   NO man or woman alive would let their children sit under those who would teach their child to do ANYTHING which would endanger their life.

SO WHY on earth do we allow men to teach doctrines to those we supposedly love that ends in spiritual death .    WHY .  WHY < WHY WHY WHY .

WE cannot do this .   IF we love our children we don't let them heed bad advice   ,  IF we love the church WE DONT LET THEM HEED MEN WHO ARE FALSE . 

Now let this sink n deep .  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

Also I feel compelled to add. That some of them that leave as young adults, if have been given a good foundation; they return when they are older. Some when they have children of their own. Because they feel it is important that their children attend church as they did. At times through their children they come back. They come back because sickness and losses they go through. They remember because of the good foundation they were taught. And they return. Because God has never forgotten them. Jesus won't turn them away for wandering like sheep without a shepherd.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Also I feel compelled to add. That some of them that leave as young adults, if have been given a good foundation; they return when they are older. Some when they have children of their own. Because they feel it is important that their children attend church as they did. At times through their children they come back. They come back because sickness and losses they go through. They remember because of the good foundation they were taught. And they return. Because God has never forgotten them. Jesus won't turn them away for wandering like sheep without a shepherd.  

I have seen that too.    No matter what we must feed the children truth .    God will bring to remembrance this ,  and some come back .    some don't , but some do .

Our duty is simply preach truth , teach truth , encourage truth , exhort truth .  keep the pattern as the apostels did and change not any part of it .

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

The churches that have active groups specifically for college age that have both social activities and Christ centered services are doing great.  People that age seek out a church that has things that challenge them as Christians and promote growth, so they may try another denomination.    Our young people finance their own mission trips to Africa and India and have learned to share their faith in community events like county fairs.  So they are prepared to go abroad and do so as well.  They serve as counselors in Christian camps, teach VBS and Sunday school classes   They may hold their Bible studies in coffee shops, a place that is less threatening to unbelievers.  Occasionally they attend Christian concerts as a group.  We also have singles groups for those over 25, and another for older singles.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,599
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

As for me, I will support my Lord's many local churches. For God the Holy Spirit has called me to some of them, each quite different from the others where God has called me to serve Him. I am in awe of his power, His righteous wrath, and His mercy and grace.  I treasure the fact that God the Holy Spirit has called me of all people while even  an  an avid atheist to turn about and be of his fold, and to be part of any one of his churches, never mind being called across country to some, the local bodies of Christ Jesus. Wow what a privilege!

God has led me to churches from one end of this country way across to another. Yes I confess I love His churches! I treasure the individuals in them! They have helped me when I suffered greatly. They have stood by me when I needed them. They have been the grandest of people. Through them I see the word of God come true daily.

Praise God for the personal thrill of being part of the local bodies of Christ Jesus.

• Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,253
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

2Ti_2:15  Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Approved 
Workmen
Are
Not
Ashamed
I have just about had a fill of the critics here,  of the very ones out there actually trying to do something constructive for our youth. All I hear is criticism after  criticism, and one very LOUD CRITICIZER, who offer NOT any solutions, but point fingers at those in the arena of spiritual warfare,  fighting the good fight, dedicating their time and efforts to the actual labor of love for the teaching of the the good news to the youth.

Awana Flag Pledge

I pledge allegiance
to the Awana flag
which stands for the Awana clubs,
whose goal is to reach boys and girls
with the gospel of Christ
and train them to serve him.

At my church, we started Awanas about thirty years ago. During this time, I have no idea how many lost souls are now saved, when attending the  awanas club. Every Wednesday night, my wife picks up our grand kids to go to Wednesday night club meeting at church. Once a year, every year, all my kids, then my grand kids, learned to work in my shop building awana grand Prix race cars, to compete, learning how to put forth effort to get better results. I have a collection of all our families past racers. Memorizing scripture is priority, weekly reciting. It is a very large part of our church ministry, INVOLVING the youth in the sharing of the gospel. I have no idea of the people associated with awana higher ups that were attacked here  and accused as bad, and I personally don't care. The results are in the pudding. It is a great program to involve the young at an early age and then in to young adults that are awana leaders. I have only heard praise of awanas  club by the parents, especially non member parents, that  allow their children the opportunity to hear the gospel.  This forum is the ONLY time I have heard any criticism.

By the way. Just so you know. Our awana head leader and her husband were killed during a home invasion by a young man. They were both stabbed multiple times, and the husband was air lifted but died shortly. We buried them last Friday. My wife and all the awana leaders and the youth, wore their awana jackets to honor a fallen sister.They were also foster care parents, like my family was, and we went on out of town trips for training together with our families. Their grown foster children attended. They both had a great love for the children, training them up as scripture tells us. So much time has been sacrificed by all the awana leaders over the years for the youth. It is a shame to see awanas labeled by other 'Christians' so unlovingly, ignorantly. It's better to keep the mouth shut, and thought a fool, than open it and remove all doubt.  

if ever there was a time I felt like leaving................

• Thumbs Up 3