• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,312
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

6 hours ago, Davida said:

I know what that is like.....I couldn't set her down,  I stood and held my cat in my arms as they gave her the lethal dose.  :emot-heartbeat: ?

3 hours ago, Littlelambseativy said:

Having done that myself, it’s one of the hardest things one can do to an animal you love. The grief lasts for a very long time. They truly do become like family members.....

Having had to put several of my pets to sleep (one was even a feral cat that someone had given rat poison)...I know how difficult it is and I always cry.  But I think about how they are now old and suffering, and I don't want them to suffer and just waste away to skin and bones.  So I take them to be put to sleep.

With the feral cat there was a neighbor who didn't like the cat by their car.   First they put out a cat trap from the city shelter....our apartment building manager at that time was an animal lover.   One night the manager paid some homeless man to take the cat trap away!!

Then the cat disappeared for a few days then reappeared sick and with foam all over the mouth.  Took her to the vet and he said it was rat poison.....so in her case, I was really glad to put her to sleep as I felt her suffering, but I had fed her outside with some other feral cats for several years.....so at least she had some food and love for that time.

The neighbors who didn't like the cat (Hispanics, Catholic, I think),  I slipped a Gospel tract under their door....they moved out very suddenly!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

On 8/5/2018 at 1:59 PM, Debp said:

The neighbors who didn't like the cat (Hispanics, Catholic, I think),  I slipped a Gospel tract under their door....they moved out very suddenly!

They probably feared a Cat-astophe. ? 

?????

Edited by Fidei Defensor
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Since we have some new members, I thought I'd revive this topic!    Any other cat lovers out there?

Btw, I also love dogs but ended up with cats the past thirty plus years!

8 minutes ago, Debp said:

Since we have some new members, I thought I'd revive this topic!    Any other cat lovers out there?

Btw, I also love dogs but ended up with cats the past thirty plus years!

I have a inside male 16 yr old persian. Hes my pal. Ive had cats since I was yeah high. This will be my last I think. Im done with scooping cat boxes every day. 

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,117
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

19 minutes ago, 1sheep said:

I have a inside male 16 yr old persian. Hes my pal. Ive had cats since I was yeah high. This will be my last I think. Im done with scooping cat boxes every day. 

they do make automatic boxes that scoop themselves...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  211
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/06/1970

On 5/21/2018 at 7:01 AM, Yowm said:

Aren't they sort of, well...independent?

Depends on the cat, they all have their own unique little personalities.  I lost a cat of 13 years, two years ago.  He was so loving...followed me everywhere, snuggled up against me on the couch, slept on my bed with me, he was gorgeous!  The other cat of mine, is not so affectionate, can be quite distant but still likes occasional affection from me.  I used to have a dog (malamute), but prefer cats, much easier to take care of.

• Loved it! 1

1 hour ago, other one said:

they do make automatic boxes that scoop themselves...

Yes I know. I had one until a few yrs ago. It pooped out ( no pun intended.lol) . It was a litter robot at the tune of around 400 bucks way  back in 2006. My cat is 16. Why would I change what I have now? Wouldnt be fiscally smart imho

Ill just scoop! 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 hour ago, 1sheep said:

Yes I know. I had one until a few yrs ago. It pooped out ( no pun intended.lol) . It was a litter robot at the tune of around 400 bucks way  back in 2006. My cat is 16. Why would I change what I have now? Wouldnt be fiscally smart imho

Ill just scoop! 

And your Persian T,    loves you for it .     He keeps the ground hogs at bay with his yowls .    Hims protecting ya .     

8 hours ago, 1sheep said:

Ill just scoop! 

I only have one cat currently so I just scoop once a day.   Really it just takes a few minutes....the scoopable litters are so great!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I have had cats for all my adult life.  I "catch and release" the ferals in my neighborhood as well.  I have a shed where they can get in out of the cold.  I love cats!

• Loved it! 1