Question

What role does the Cross play in your walk with Christ?  Have you ever found yourself worshipping the Cross instead of Christ?

6 answers to this question

A "cross" in of itself was a torture/ execution device created by Assyria as a painful means of death; it represents misery, extreme pain, shame, harm and death. On its' own, it was a vile thing that was used to murder a lot of people  in various civilizations.

Then, Jesus came to die on it.

The Cross, taken from its' original use (in spite of ISIS still using a form of it for murder) now represents the price Jesus paid for us at Calvary. On it, the sin of the world was taken and Jesus offered Himself, suspended between the earth and heaven, as the sacrifice by which man may finally be redeemed to God. It has been transformed from a symbol of death to one of life (Hospitals, first aid kits, churches, etc.), as Jesus gave life to all who would trust in him alone as their Savior.

Do I worship the Cross? No, the cross without Christ has no meaning; it is the work Jesus did on it that changed its' meaning to the world, and it is the One who died on that Cross that I worship.

• This is Worthy 1

Christ's dying on the cross for my sins means everything to me.  It represents His love for me, in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us.  It represents G0d's grace in granting me His righteousness that I may come boldly to the throne of grace.  I will be admitted into His presence.  He has adopted me as His own and given me His Spirit as the down payment on my inheritance.  He has given me love, joy and peace in this life that were make possible by His death and resurrection.  We love because He first loved us.  

I have never worshipped the cross.  I worship the Christ Who died there and arose to forgive the world of its sin.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Brilliant! 1

3 hours ago, Kirk341345 said:

What role does the Cross play in your walk with Christ?  Have you ever found yourself worshipping the Cross instead of Christ?

The work of the Cross is dead center in my walk with Christ, if for anything else we all have a natural tendency to revert to our works as a basis of approval before God. The cross does away with that pride, as well as exalts the mercy,love, justice and holiness of God.

Yes, it is so important I have been guilty of exalting it more than Jesus even though the Person and Work of Christ are inseparable (except in Worship).

Posted (edited)
On 6/12/2018 at 12:31 PM, Kirk341345 said:

There is no "walk with Christ" without the Cross being the reason for the walk..

The Cross, with Christ on it, is why a believer is a believer, and is the sole reason that God accepts them into His Kingdom family.

On Christian forums, you'll hear a lot of deceived self righteous immature religious people talking a good game about "living holy" and  "working for the Lord", but in fact, if there was no Cross, then Living for the Lord would not be available, much less working for Him, and in both cases they are useless with regards to what the CROSS does for you, by itself.

Without the Cross, there is no such thing as Christianity, as its the CROSS ALONE that gives it its power, its truth, its meaning, and its Hope.

This is why the Apostle Paul said that...."Jesus didnt send me to water baptize, but He sent me to PREACH THE CROSS", AS the "preaching OF THE CROSS is THE Power of GOD unto salvation"....and nothing else.

The "gospel" is not about "letting Jesus into your life" and its not about "making Him the Lord of it"......The Gospel is Preaching the REASON FOR THE CROSS.....

And you might consider that, oh ye reader.

The Cross is WHY Jesus came here...........He came to die on it.......He was both sent and born for this purpose.

<B><

Edited by Behold

One can lean on the Cross in the sense that if Jesus had not shed His Blood  on it, we would all be lost......either lean on it and what it represents ( the greatest act of love in the universe) or be an “ enemy of the Cross”.Christ endured the torture and the shame of the Cross for the joy he knew awaited Him on the other side of it. That joy came from saving Mankind.....at least those that would “ come to Him. One can do that by believing Paul’s Gospel, given to him by Jesus.....1cor15:1-4

Posted (edited)
On 6/12/2018 at 1:31 PM, Kirk341345 said:

I agree with the other posters here so far in this thread, and in answer to your second question- no.  I cling at the foot of the cross that my Lord offered himself as a sacrifice himself in my place-and I have made JESUS alone Lord over my life. 

Edited by Davida
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Similar Content

• By ShinyGospelShoes
      A Cross the Bible in Typology:
        The word "figure" in the Koine Greek TR, is [G5179], "τυπος", "tupos", or in English, "Type".   Tupos = type, pattern. Strong's G5179 - https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang...gs=G5179&t=KJB   Skia = shadow, not the substance. Strong's G4639 - https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang...gs=G4639&t=KJB   AntiTupos = antitype, reality which is greater than the type/shadow. Strong's G499 - https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang...ngs=G499&t=KJB   This is repeated in 1 Corinthians 15:44-47 -   Adam:   Adam (Genesis 1:26, "אדם", "ADM", Adam) is thus the "first man", and Jesus Christ is the "last Adam" (1 Corinthians 15:45), "the second man" (1 Corinthians 15:47), being "the LORD (ie. Kurios, the JEHOVAH Immanuel, JEHOVAH Jesus) from heaven."   Adam the first was a unique son of God (Luke 3:38) (created), and the second man, the last Adam, Jesus is a unique Son of God (Matthew 14:33, 16:16; John 10:30, etc) (unCreated and Eternal only begotten of the Father, though His earthly body was created (Hebrews 10:5)).   Adam was given "dominion" (Genesis 1:26,28; Micah 4:8) and Jesus likewise (Psalms 110:1; Daniel 7:14; Matthew 22:44, 28:28; Mark 12:36; Luke 10:22, 20:43; John 17:2; Ephesians 1:21; Hebrews 1:13, 10:13, etc).   Adam begins with glorious body of flesh (Psalms 8:5) and through sin, the light goes out and is left naked, and ashamed (Genesis 3:10) with sinful fallen flesh (Romans 8:3), and Christ Jesus is born (Luke 1:35) of Mary (flesh; John 3:6) by the Holy Ghost (spirit), begins with the likeness of fallen sinful flesh (does not make Him a sinner, see 1 John 3:4) as we have (Matthew 1:1-18; Luke 3:23-38; John 7:42; Romans 1:3; 2 Timothy 2:8; Hebrews 2:16, etc.), but becomes glorified (permanently) when Resurrected (John 12:16, 17:5; Acts 3:13; Philippians 3:21; Revelation 1:13-20, etc).   Adam went to sleep on the 6th day (Genesis 2:21) and Jesus went to sleep on the 6th day (Matthew 28:6; Mark 15:37,39; Luke 23:46).   Adam was to keep the 7th day with God (Mark 2:27; Genesis 2:1-3; Exodus 20:8-11, etc), Jesus kept the 7th Day (Luke 4:16; Mark 2:27-28), even in death (Luke 23:54-56, 24:1-2).   Adam's side was opened (Genesis 2:21) and Jesus' side was opened (John 19:34; 1 John 5:6,8).   From the side of Adam comes his bride/wife, Eve, bone of his bones, flesh of his flesh (Genesis 2:21-25) and from the side of Christ Jesus comes the church (Ephesians 5:22-33).   Adam was in a garden (Genesis 2:7-8) and Jesus was in several gardens (Genesis 3:8; John 18:1,26, 19:41; Revelation 2:7).   Adam has many sons and daughters (Genesis 5:4) and Jesus (true Israel; Matthew 2:13-15; Hosea 11:1) has many sons and daughters (Hebrews 2:9-18 (vs 13); Isaiah 8:8-20 (vs 18)).   Adam died (Genesis 2:17; Psalms 90:4; 2 Peter 3:8; Genesis 5:5) because of sin and Jesus died because of our sins (Revelation 5:6,12, 13:8; Matthew 28:6; Mark 15:37,39; Luke 23:46; 2 Corinthians 5:21).   Adam was cast out of the garden into a wilderness (Genesis 3:24) and Jesus overcame in a wildernes to enter the Garden (Matthew 4:1; Mark 1:13; Luke 4:1).   Adam was made in the "image of God" (Genesis 1:26-27), Jesus is the "express image" of His Father (Hebrews 1:3).   Adam came death upon all men (1 Corinthians 15:21-22), Jesus came the resurrection to eternal life to all who would believe (1 Corinthians 15:21-22).   Adam gave names (Genesis 2:20), Jesus gave names (Genesis 17:5,15, 32:28, 35:10; 2 Samuel 12:25; Nehemiah 9:7; Matthew 4:18; Mark 3:16,17; Luke 6:14, etc.)   Adam and the tree (Genesis 2:16,17), Jesus and the tree (Deuteronomy 21:22-23; Acts 5:30, 10:39, 13:29; Galatians 3:13; 1 Peter 2:24, etc.).   Adam was naked for sin (Genesis 3:10), Jesus was naked for our sins (Hebrews 12:2).   Adam and the slain lamb (Genesis 3:21; Revelation 13:8), Jesus is the Lamb slain for Adam (John 1:29, 36; 1 Corinthians 5:7; Revelation 5:6, 13:8).   Adam and the two types (Cain (wicked/lost) and Abel (righteous (by faith)/saved); Genesis 4:1-17), Jesus and the two types also (Sheep and Goats (Matthew 25:31-46), Wheats and Tares (Matthew 13:24-30,38), Wise and Foolish (Matthew 25:1-13)).   Adam tempted (Genesis 3:6) (lost/found), Jesus tempted (Matthew 4:1, 22:18; Mark 12:5; Luke 4:2, 20;23, etc) (victorious) (John 16:33).   Adam priest of the house (Genesis 3:5; Exodus 4:16; Deuteronomy 10:17; Joshua 22:22; Psalms 82:1,6, 95:3, 97:7, 136:2, 138:1; Daniel 2:47, 11:36; John 10:34-35), Jesus high priest over all the house (whose house are we)(Hebrews 3:1, 4:14-15, 5:5, 6:20, 7:26. 8:1,3, 9:11, 10:21).     The Word of God reveals Christ Jesus from Alpha to Omega, Beginning to End, from First to Last, from Genesis to Revelation, "in the volume of the book [it is] written of me."

There are not only hundreds of prophecies concerning Jesus Christ, in not only His first coming, but also his second coming and third coming to this earth, but beyond even these are myriads of wonderful typologies in the very lives of the people written of in the scriptures themselves. In fact, the vast majority of the New Testament is written indeed by Jews who believed, Matthew, Mark, John, Paul, Peter, Jude, James (Jacob) and even a Gentile (Luke) who gathered his information from Jewish sources and eyewitnesses. The scriptures that were even then, the Tanakh (aka Old Testament) themselves testify of Christ (Messias) Jesus, as pointed out in the New Testament:

Deuteronomy 18:15 The LORD thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken;

Malachi 3:1 Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts.

Acts 3:22 For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.

Acts 7:37 This is that Moses, which said unto the children of Israel, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear.

Psalms 40:7 Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book [it is] written of me,

Hebrews 10:7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.

Matthew 1:22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,

Matthew 2:15 And was there until the death of Herod: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt have I called my son.

Matthew 2:17 Then was fulfilled that which was spoken by Jeremy the prophet, saying,

Matthew 2:23 And he came and dwelt in a city called Nazareth: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophets, He shall be called a Nazarene.

Matthew 4:14 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying,

Matthew 8:17 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare [our] sicknesses.

Matthew 11:10 For this is [he], of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.

Matthew 12:17 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying,

Matthew 13:35 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world.

Matthew 21:24 All this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying,

Matthew 26:24 The Son of man goeth as it is written of him: but woe unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! it had been good for that man if he had not been born.

Matthew 26:31 Then saith Jesus unto them, All ye shall be offended because of me this night: for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock shall be scattered abroad.

Matthew 26:54 But how then shall the scriptures be fulfilled, that thus it must be?

Matthew 26:56 But all this was done, that the scriptures of the prophets might be fulfilled. Then all the disciples forsook him, and fled.

Matthew 27:9 Then was fulfilled that which was spoken by Jeremy the prophet, saying, And they took the thirty pieces of silver, the price of him that was valued, whom they of the children of Israel did value;

Matthew 27:35 And they crucified him, and parted his garments, casting lots: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, They parted my garments among them, and upon my vesture did they cast lots.

Mark 1:2 As it is written in the prophets, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.

Mark 9:12 And he answered and told them, Elias verily cometh first, and restoreth all things; and how it is written of the Son of man, that he must suffer many things, and be set at nought.

Mark 12:10 And have ye not read this scripture; The stone which the builders rejected is become the head of the corner:

Mark 14:21 The Son of man indeed goeth, as it is written of him: but woe to that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! good were it for that man if he had never been born.

Mark 14:27 And Jesus saith unto them, All ye shall be offended because of me this night: for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered.

Luke 3:4 As it is written in the book of the words of Esaias the prophet, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.

Luke 4:21 And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.

Luke 24:27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

Luke 24:44 And he said unto them, These [are] the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and [in] the prophets, and [in] the psalms, concerning me.

Luke 24:46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

John 1:45 Philip findeth Nathanael, and saith unto him, We have found him, of whom Moses in the law, and the prophets, did write, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.

John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

John 19:28 After this, Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the scripture might be fulfilled, saith, I thirst.

Acts 17:2 And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,

Acts 17:3 Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ.

Acts 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

Acts 18:28 For he mightily convinced the Jews, [and that] publickly, shewing by the scriptures that Jesus was Christ.

Acts 26:22 Having therefore obtained help of God, I continue unto this day, witnessing both to small and great, saying none other things than those which the prophets and Moses did say should come:

Acts 28:23 And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into [his] lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and [out of] the prophets, from morning till evening.

Galatians 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Hebrews 5:6 As he saith also in another [place], Thou [art] a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

• By Behold
      The reason a believer would not have eternal confidence that they are going to heaven, subsequent to (following) their Salvation, is because no one has truly taught them how to understand Salvation.
      See, there are a lot of ways to teach "Salvation", but there is only on True Way to teach it, and to understand it.
      To begin with...... many have the idea that Salvation is..... "i heard the gospel, believed it,  and i trusted in Christ".
      Ok, thats true........ but how did THAT make certain that you are going to heaven?.........So, THIS is what so many of you were not taught, after you were born again, and so many find themselves going along for the rest of their born again lives pulling daisies and asking themselves....."did i lose it, .....did i confess it back........did i lose it again.........did i confess it back.........did i lose it.........do i need to go back to the alter for the 17th time and get "re-saved"....do i need to do a penance....   do i need to find a priest and tell him all so that he can make me right with God, again..........and so on, and on and on, and on, and on, on on on .....>
      So, lets just explain How God saved you, and then you can leave your salvation in His hands and out of yours, as you are incapable of saving yourself or keeping yourself saved.  
      Philippians 1:6
      Here we go..
       By the time you were 17 you had long passed the age of accountability where you had become a sinner.   So, this put you in a situation that we all face........"Ive sinned, and unforgiven sinners dont go to heaven to live in Joy and Harmony with God, for all eternity".  
      So, immediately, we see the issue........The issue is not.. being good vs being bad, and the issue is not doing right or doing wrong...... The ISSUE is your SIN is going to keep you out of heaven.....Thats your issue, when you are LOST.
      And that is the ONLY issue that can keep you and God apart........And it WILL for eternity, unless this "sin caused disconnect" is resolved...... and you can't do this for yourself.
      Understand.......Salvation, is GOD dealing with your sin, FOR YOU, because He loves you.     "For God so loved the world, YOU, that He GAVE"......... John 3:16
      Now, all that is the REASON for Salvation....... As Salvation is simply the means and effect by which God comes into your life and heart and spirit and resolves YOUR Sin issue for you.  And this is the "Grace of God", taking care of your SIN, for you....for FREE......as "Salvation is a GIFT".
      The "Grace of God" is God Himself coming to YOU to solve YOUR Sin issue that is keeping you and God  SEPARATED.
      People who die separated from God, will stay this way for eternity, and "hell" is where you begin that existence.
      So, Salvation is God coming to you, to resolve for eternity, YOUR SIN ISSUE that has parted you from Him, and His family, and Heaven itself.
      Sin is your curse and God is your Cure.  Sin is your soul sickness and the Blood of Jesus is the REMEDY.    You have a sin issue, as your sin is ON YOU and IN YOU and you are being held accountable for it,  John 3:36... and if you dont get this resolved, then as Jesus says.."you will DIE IN YOUR SIN".....and if that happens, you are going to go to hell, and not just there.....but eventually to the "lake of fire", and there is no getting out, there is no END.   Hell and the Lake of Fire will last for as long as God LIVES......And He's an Eternal Being.
      Now, how is SIN resolved?........Its resolved by the application of SALVATION, that God Himself applies to you, so that your SIN, once and for all, is dealt with finally and forever.
      Lets get right to it now.....
      How does GOD resolve your SIN issue so that He can Accept you and for all eternity?.  As once this has happened, then "Salvation" has been applied, rendered, and given to you from God Himself, which is an eternal situation.
      So, How does God resolve your sin, so that He can accept you, and not just for a few weeks....?
      1. ) Simple.....He eternally replaces your sin with His Very Righteousness........"The Gift of Righteousness".  "The Atonement".
      2.) He removes the Law's power to judge you any longer as a "sinner", (Romans 4:8) and from this point, you are never viewed by God ever again as a sinner, but only as a "joint heir with Christ" and in fact a "Son/Daughter of God", and exactly connected to God just like Jesus.
      Now, i said i would keep this simple, but i had to write a bit of explanation, so that you could see what God had to take care of for you (your sin), so that by taking care of it for you (Jesus on The Cross), you could understand WHY Salvation has nothing to do with your behavior.....but Everything to do with God solving your sin issue FOR YOU, that disconnected you from Him.
      -----
      So, moving along.....
      A little deeper....
      God looks at us, before we are born again.....as  the "adamic fallen", the sinners, the unbelievers, the LOST< and He had the responsibility to offer the only WAY.. (John 14:6) that you could be accepted by Him, back into His family, and for all eternity.
      How?
      God knows that to accept you, for you to belong to Him.... you have to be like Him........ And how is that?.....>"God's name is HOLY".......... That is how.
      He had to recreate you, (born again) so that you possess HIS VERY RIghteousness, as yours...   In other words, YOU have to become, literally "the righteousness of God, In Christ", before He can accept you as His own..    So, what did He have to do, to GET THIS to you?.........Well, God literally had to become like you.... He literally came to this earth as Jesus, and OFFERS<>< FREELY GIVES you His Righteousness AS A FREE GIFT FROM THE CROSS.......>"God became one of us".....and  He literally lived and met the requirements of His own LAW, and lived it perfectly, sinlessly....and then he took  this to a Cross, this sinless - law keeping - perfection..... and sacrificed it (Himself) as a Gift to you and me.    And Christ's sinlessness combined with the Sacrifice for the Sin of the World on a Cross, IS, Salvation as a finished "work of redemption"
      And here is where it gets even more interesting...... This Act of God, His sinless LIFE combined with His sacrificial Death on a Cross, is a completed situation, that exists... Its a living gift....Its alive....Its Power.....Its Redemption.
      It Exists for over 2000 years as a living OPPORTUNITY to have it.......... applied, for FREE.
      Now.....A low rent and pretty lame analogy would be.......... There is a Billion Dollars in the bank......and its WAITING TO BE APPLIED, Given.....to "all who would come".
      Salvation, is always there, waiting to be applied...waiting to be GIVEN.     = This unconditional love of God, this Amazing Grace, that is God Himself solving the sin issue for "all would who come".......Is always there, waiting to do it for anyone and everyone who would turn from themselves, turn to the Cross, kneel, and say......."I believe, i receive, and i trust"..
      Faith : is Trust.
      Faith :  is Trust.
      And when anyone offers this FAITH, their TRUST to God, ....He Instantly applies the gift of Salvation unto them, upon them, and within them.....once and forever. = Born Again.
      "Salvation".
      -------
      wrapping it up time....
      ""Salvation""......now simplified ........is........ God took the responsibility of your life, your eternal life, upon Himself.  And to do so  He completely resolved the issue of your sin, by becoming a man, and dying for your sin.  Which....is offering you not only the freedom from the judgment due you for your sin by taking it upon Himself on a Cross.....but He also replaces your unholiness with His very Righteousness...... He gives this to you as "the gift of Righteousness", and in this way, you become "the righteousness of God, IN Christ", that He can accept, and nothing else will He accept.
      And how does He finally seal the deal?..........= He abolishes the law and establishes Grace in its place, so that only the BORN AGAIN are "no longer under the law, but under Grace", and by completing  this final act, by removing from you (the Law) that can no longer deem you or judge you to be a sinner......."where there is no Law, there is no Transgression".... Romans 4:8.........He has stopped the LAW from having the power to judge you to be (by Himself)  a sinner AFTER you are saved..
      This had to be so, or the effect of becoming holy so that God could accept you, would be destroyed 20 mins after you were saved, when you did something wrong
      So, God took care of it all.     He (became) took you sin upon Himself on the Cross .  He replaced your sin with His "Gift of Righteousness", and then to make certain the Law could not judge you ever again as a "sinner".  (Romans 4:8)  God abolished the Law, and replaced it with Grace, so that your eternal life would always be secured by what HE did for you.
      "Salvation".

<B><
    • By Behold
      -
      There are many interesting and doctrinally/theologically accurate  means to understand/comprehend  Salvation.  As the born again's  eternal position in God's family , whereby we are eternally  joined to God our Father through the Blood of Jesus, can be understood on many levels as an amazing spiritual mosaic regarding redemption..
      Salvation....The Atonement....is multi-facited , it has many intricate and  connected dots.....
      1.) One way you can "see it", is to realize that God took upon Himself the sacrificial responsibility of our redemption,  by  Himself literally dying on a cross to  bridge and thereby remove the eternal gulf that was between Himself and us that was our "SIN"..
      2.) Another was you can view it is to understand that God's literal holiness is SO Holy, that it does not allow anything that is not equal in holiness to exist around Him..... So, He literally solves our unholiness that was the eternal wall between us and Himself,  by  dying for us and thereby GIFTING us with the "Righteousness of God, In Christ".....which is literally God's very own holiness becoming ours when we are born again.  "the gift of righteousness"..
      3.) And one more way to contemplate God's unmerited Salvation that He has gifted us  with  if we are born again, is  Ephesians 2..... "God through Christ has raised us up together (Jesus and you) (Jesus is the resurrection and the Eternal Life), and made us 3 sit together.....(God, Christ, and the Born Again), > " IN Christ Jesus".      Jesus The Christ IS God, and We the born again are "in Christ", (In God)  and "Christ (God) in us IS the eternal and literal hope of Heaven, Eternal Life, & Glory".
      And how is this understood best?.....  John 17:23.... "Jesus is inside the born Again, and God is inside Jesus,  SO THAT the born again are ALL made perfect,  as are all ONE in God....""""

<B><
    • By Jonathan BeWell
      Praise the Lord, hallelujah!
      Praise You, God, for your purity and perfection!  Praise You Lord, Jesus Christ, for saving me and my testimony!  Glory be to You, God, our Father who art in Heaven!  Thanks be to the Holy Spirit's comfort, teaching and guidance!  All we know, understand, experience and struggle with is for your glory, perfect plan and unquestionable will.  I shall not want or crave anything outside of Jesus Christ's way.  Let me know if so, let me understand what You want for us is best.  May I pick up and carry my own cross, denying myself for You.  I worship You as all knowing, powerful and gracious.  May I draw closer to You and keep You as top priority in my family's lives.  You are first, my family is second and I am here to serve.  May I serve you reverently, fully and completely.  May there be less of me and more of Jesus Christ instead.  Jesus, You are thee only way, light and salvation.  All I need is You.  God, You take care of the rest.  You are in control, God, making and letting everything happen.  I am in awe and wonder of your creation.  I am eternally grateful, worshipping You and your Son for thee ultimate sacrifice and act of love.  This body is your temple, use it as You will.  Bend me from my will to yours.  It is all about You, everything concerns and relates to You!  Yours is the kingdom, the power and the glory, forever and ever, in Jesus Christ's name, amen!
      Sincerely yours,
      GregoryB
    • By Jonathan BeWell
      Prayer Time Travel - 
      The Holy Bible records time.  The Bible has a beginning to end, Genesis to Revelation.  God is outside time.  He has no beginning or end.  We have a beginning with no end.  We start in time, then escape it, get outside it with no end.  Many prayers are throughout the Holy Bible affecting past, present and future, from whoever's perspective.  Jesus Christ is!  God is the great "I am," not was nor will be.  
      Jesus prays for all believers.
      20 “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.
      - John 17:20-21 New International Version (NIV)
      Revelation in the Bible affects the past to us now and beyond to the beginning of time, Genesis. A prayer in my future affects me and my now and even my past. My prayer now about my past affects my future. I am affected by my past, present and future, now. I am not an isolated silo. We cause ripple effects, everything affects everything, everything matters. Christ's life giving water is thee all encompassing most important matter.
      I lost my wallet. I decided not to fear or worry. I accepted it and let it go. Eventually I decided to pray about it, relatively long after the fact. Later, a policeman called for me to come get it from him. It had been been discovered moments after I lost it and immediately turned in. A beat cop had happened to be there. The officer had been swamped with work, so had notified and met with me a week later, having been so busy. That was my time traveling prayer eureka moment. At the time, my prayer was only to help process, comfort and put the whole matter in God's hands, whatever His will. I was happy with it and had left it at that. Yay and hallelujah, yet another reason for prayer! Now I realized and believed my prayer had actually traveled back in time. God's reach and power is anywhere anytime. He answered my prayer by changing my past, my reality and my future. What was lost was now found in time.
      December 18, 2016, I prayed a short, simple to the point prayer. I met and surrendered to Jesus Christ as my Saviour and Lord. What I prayed then and there took effect in the past on the cross at Calvary. Jesus Christ was sacrificed for me and my sin debt. That past was affected by prayer in its future. That present took effect in the past and affected the future until the end of time. Then, now and then, I pray in Jesus Christ's name, amen.
      1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning.
      - John 1:1-2 New International Version (NIV)