• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/09/1967

The Bible says that Jesus is in Heaven right now on the right side of God.  I wouldn't think you could die spiritually and be with God in heaven.  If he did die spiritually then he was able to bring his spirit back to life. 

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  16

On 8/10/2018 at 4:00 PM, JohnKing67 said:

The Bible says that Jesus is in Heaven right now on the right side of God.  I wouldn't think you could die spiritually and be with God in heaven.  If he did die spiritually then he was able to bring his spirit back to life. 

The Bible speaks of two kinds of death, a first and a second.  If Jesus did not experience, and conquer both, not a single  one of us has any  reason to hope.  Getting our understanding of what death really is in line with  what the Bible says it is, answers the question very thoroughly.  Yes, Jesus died, in every sense of the word, and thank God He was willing to suffer that for our sakes.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,360
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

I believe that Jesus died physically, as all mankind does, but as we know that the spirit lives on, either to one place, or the other. Jesus, knowing that His Father was able to ressurect Him to life again, and as you pointed out so well Jostler, is now seated at the right hand side of The Father, ever interceding on our behalf. Just my 2 bits, just saying, God bless.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  16

9 minutes ago, Heybro said:

I believe that Jesus died physically, as all mankind does, but as we know that the spirit lives on, either to one place, or the other. Jesus, knowing that His Father was able to ressurect Him to life again, and as you pointed out so well Jostler, is now seated at the right hand side of The Father, ever interceding on our behalf. Just my 2 bits, just saying, God bless.

Glory to God....the good news is He did die...but death could not hold Him.  And in Him, it cannot  hold us either....our blessed hope.   At the new birth the power of the second death was utterly defeated for us....we entered eternity, the day we received Him....He caused what was dead to come to life..eternally.  And His bodily resurrection is our hope that the first death will not  be able to hold us either.  He nailed them both....   :)   wooohooo!  :)

Edit to add;  I know you already know that...not trying to teach an old dog how to suck eggs :)  just seemed a good place to reiterate....and let a bit of praise rise out of my heart :)

Edited by Jostler

• Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,360
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

Amen and amen, my brother, the reality is that Jesus committed His spirit to The Father, and that Jesus, being God incarnate, cannot die spiritually, that truly is the woo hoo, God bless.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

Hey.. from what I read Mary didn't give birth to a God. Nor was He God walking around. His talk was always FAITH for He is a God of Faith.  For this to work as in be legal. Meaning He had to be fully man. Just what did He do here that we can't?  I believe He told us :) just what we WILL do because He goes to the Father. He had to be man and then take the punishment. Oh but not for one.. but for all. Think.. when God told Moshe (Moses) to toss down his staff . What did it turn into? And then what did God tell Moses to lift up? So who ever got bitten just look at it was healed. What was that? This is so much more then just coming to earth then died with some nails and strips and go back to Heaven. This really cost God something. 

"For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us,"Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.". I think we picture it as were about to die and He just takes our place. Made Him to be sin. And when He says My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? Thats exactly what happen. What do you think would happen if you full sin and no Christ would happen when you die? Gonna go hang out with God? A nope. Before Christ in the earth good went somewhere and evil went somewhere else. Separated by a huge gulf/chasm. Where no God nothing of Him with those that do evil.

Were not going to see all or understand this as long as were are here. Only after will we fully understand what it cost.. the price He fully ALREADY paid. Some of what I said is just speculation. And our "speculation" is not truth. So I agree He was THEIR words separated from God. Made to be.. thats ALL of Him. What we can't understand is power to lay down His life and power to give it back. Fully man.. yet is God. Yeah lol lets as man figure that out. He died for all and ROSE! Oh I really truly believe ALL of Heaven is STILL rejoicing. For a thousand years is like one day to God. So.. been over 2000 years. Or just over 2 days. yeah.. ALL still rejoicing. WE stopped

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

19 minutes ago, TheBlade said:

Hey.. from what I read Mary didn't give birth to a God. Nor was He God walking around.

Wow man, that's heresy. 

49 minutes ago, TheBlade said:

Hey.. from what I read Mary didn't give birth to a God. Nor was He God walking around.

Then perhaps you should read this. 

John 1:1-5 1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2The same was in the beginning with God. 3All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4In him was life; and the life was the light of men. 5And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

And also this. 

John 1:14 New King James Version NKJV

And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

Any further questions? 

5 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

Any further questions? 

Actually, never mind any further questions. I've got to sign out and have more important things to do than try to talk some sense into you. Have a nice day. 1809608286_blinkysmiley.gif.8c3540711037036f380e0a655700bb5a.gif

3 hours ago, TheBlade said:

And perhaps this might also give you some insightful wisdom. 

Luke 1:26 26And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,

Luke 1:30 30And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.

Luke 1:35 35An the angel answerd and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that the holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God. 

Luke 2:10-20 King James Version (KJV)

10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.

11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

12 And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.

13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,

14 Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.

15 And it came to pass, as the angels were gone away from them into heaven, the shepherds said one to another, Let us now go even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass, which the Lord hath made known unto us.

16 And they came with haste, and found Mary, and Joseph, and the babe lying in a manger.

17 And when they had seen it, they made known abroad the saying which was told them concerning this child.

18 And all they that heard it wondered at those things which were told them by the shepherds.

19 But Mary kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart.

20 And the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things that they had heard and seen, as it was told unto them.