• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, Willa said:

Yes, I saw the movie many years ago and a few months ago I ordered it from the Billy Graham Association.  At the end she predicted that the USA was going to be over run by the occult that way Germany had been prior to Hitler.  At the time I didn't think it was possible, but now I see it coming about.  I suppose she could see signs of it since she traveled so much.

I have also collected most of her books, especially the ones she wrote herself.

I just finished reading a book from her again last week,her life stories are amazing.. I would have loved to meet her knowing her background, I can just picture in my mind the family Ten Boom living where they lived as I'm from the Netherlands also :)

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

5 hours ago, angels4u said:

I will try to remember to watch those 2 movie s,they sound very interesting:)

They inspire with  a raptitude that few films do. The acting is superb, the subject matter, in this case missions, makes one want to fly to China and preach Immanuel. :) 

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,313
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

On 7/24/2018 at 4:53 PM, Fidei Defensor said:

Thou wert royally blessed to go there! Are there any signs or monuments that tell of Anna and her impact there? And is their literature on it? I would love to add it to my pile of books. ??

Yes, I considered it a blessing from the Lord...was in the travel industry.   Gave me my interest in Asian missions.  Didn't see anything about Anna but I knew her story.

On 7/24/2018 at 7:32 PM, Fidei Defensor said:

One of my favorite missionaries was Fr. Damien who went to the lepers of Molokai, Hawaii. He went to minister to the dying, and gave them hope in hopelessnsss. Such a call is not what we often want,  or that many missionaries would desire. You can see his story Molokai (1999) starring Sam Neil, Peter O’Tools and David Wenham. The film challenges me, would I go knowing I would be ministering to those who will die and that I may die? 

Yes, Fr. Damien...quite a story.  If I recall right, he died of leprosy.   I didn't know there was a film from 1999 about him... would be interesting to watch!

13 hours ago, Debp said:

Yes, I considered it a blessing from the Lord...was in the travel industry.   Gave me my interest in Asian missions.  Didn't see anything about Anna but I knew her story.

Yes, Fr. Damien...quite a story.  If I recall right, he died of leprosy.   I didn't know there was a film from 1999 about him... would be interesting to watch!

Yes, Fr. Damien is played by Faramir and his devotion to the lepers of Molokai stands as a testament against the rising anti-missionary bias in Hawaiian schools and traditions. While certainly there were bad missionaries just as there are bad pastors and priests, one must compare the good and bad. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 6:07 AM, angels4u said:

Willa,mine is Corrie ten boom too, she's a very special lady and greatly used by God ,did you see the movie "The hiding place"?

And look how besty was .     No hate for her enemies , and no fear at all as she was dying .    God used Betsy to help Corrie.    IN fact corrie KNOWS why she was allowed to GO into prison .

STUFF needed to be burned out of her .  SHE was a humbled lady .     GOD really does use persecution against us , FOR OUR OWN GOOD .    I did watch that movie .

The old man MR ten boom   knew the LORD .     He was so honest when he told the guards ,  NO if you leave me here I will open my door to any .    SO they went ahead and took him to prison

where he died .     BUT HE DIED HAVING THE LORD .  He died with Great HOPE .    And on that note I remind us all,  OUR own persecution will soon be on us as well.

WHETHER WE LIVE OR DIE WE THE LORDS .     NO fear of man , no fear to suffer , no fear to lose all ,   JUST COUNT IT ALL GAIN TO KNOW CHRIST .   NOW PRAISE THE LORD peoples .

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,313
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

1 hour ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

And look how besty was .     No hate for her enemies , and no fear at all as she was dying .    God used Betsy to help Corrie.    IN fact corrie KNOWS why she was allowed to GO into prison .

STUFF needed to be burned out of her .  SHE was a humbled lady .     GOD really does use persecution against us , FOR OUR OWN GOOD .    I did watch that movie .

The old man MR ten boom   knew the LORD .     He was so honest when he told the guards ,  NO if you leave me here I will open my door to any .    SO they went ahead and took him to prison

where he died .     BUT HE DIED HAVING THE LORD .  He died with Great HOPE .    And on that note I remind us all,  OUR own persecution will soon be on us as well.

WHETHER WE LIVE OR DIE WE THE LORDS .     NO fear of man , no fear to suffer , no fear to lose all ,   JUST COUNT IT ALL GAIN TO KNOW CHRIST .   NOW PRAISE THE LORD peoples .

I was blessed to hear Corrie Ten Boom speak years ago at Hollywood Presbyterian Church.

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

I know not his name, but there was missionary who during Armenian Genocide, got Armenian Christians out of Turkey and to safety. 

You can see him in “The Promise” (2016). ⚠️ WARNING, while the film The Promise is worth seeing to know about the Armenian Genocide, there is a scene of conjugal (sexual) detail between two lovers after they go to Armenian Orthodox Church to listen to cantors. Be advised.