• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

2 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Nothing in the Bible goes against God.  No, we don't agree more than we disagree and this kind of statement proves it.

Where did I say anything in the bible goes against God? The argument I'm making is that, with the exception of places where the words are directly attributed to God, e.g. "God said..." or words in red, they are the words of men inspired by God, as opposed to "channeling" God. They are good for teaching, reproof, etc...

4 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

LOL, no that is not why the four Gospels are not identical.  

It's one reason. ;)

4 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

And who has the authority to differentiate between what is from God and what is actually from man?   

Each of us has that authority regarding our own beliefs. If you want to know if you have the God given authority to do a thing, try to do it. If you can, you've at least been given the authority to choose to do it.  It doesn't necessarily mean you should or shouldn't do to. Murder would be an example of this.

Paul said that for him all things are permissible, but not all things are profitable. That is the Christian life. And because of our belief, it means that some things, though permissible, are far from our thoughts - or our actions.

Guest shiloh357
3 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

It's one reason. ;)

No, it is not.  You really have no clue about what you're talking about.

Just now, Still Alive said:

Each of us has that authority regarding our own beliefs.

That makes the Bible servant to reader and make the reader the arbiter of Scripture.   And that is not a Christian perspective.

If you want to know if you have the God given authority to do a thing, try to do it. If you can, you've at least been given the authority to choose to do it.  It doesn't necessarily mean you should or shouldn't do to. Murder would be an example of this.

No, you don't have any God-given authority to decide for  yourself  which parts of the Bible are from God and which parts are not.  Your perspective is not the Christian perspective and really has no basis in truth.

Paul said that for him all things are permissible, but not all things are profitable. That is the Christian life. And because of our belief, it means that some things, though permissible, are far from our thoughts - or our actions.

And that verse by Paul does not apply to this issue.  It certainly doesn't give you the kind of license you have conned yourself into thinking you have to arbitrarily decide for yourself which parts of the Bible are from God and which parts are not.

The Bible, 100% of is inspired by God and that is the only correct and Christian way to look at it . If you say otherwise, YOU will have to stand before God and account to Him why you thought you could sit in judgment on His words.   I would not want to be in  your shoes.  I will just believe that the whole Bible is the Word of God.   That is what Christians believe and know.

28 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Yes it is. And one of the frustrations I'm having is having to work with folks who seem to think that if I disagree with their opinion It means I must be either ignorant or stupid. Neither is true. We clearly interpret differently or, more likely, trust different extra-biblical authorities.

But I can't tell you how much prayer and meditation on God's words as well as the authors of the books in the bible really does help. :)

40 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

That makes the Bible servant to reader and make the reader the arbiter of Scripture.   And that is not a Christian perspective.

So, you don't think we are free to believe what we choose to believe?

41 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

No, you don't have any God-given authority to decide for  yourself  which parts of the Bible are from God and which parts are not.  Your perspective is not the Christian perspective and really has no basis in truth.

Clearly we disagree. ;)

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

On 7/4/2018 at 5:26 AM, Andrew Restrepo said:
Being that the New Testament was not written, we must give more attention and place more importance to the words of Jesus versus the words of Paul. 

The writings of Paul in the Bible are either the inspired word of God and should be fully accepted.. Or they are suspect and should be totally removed from the Bible.. There should never be this half way stand that places more importance on one part of the Bible or another part of the Bible.. All parts of the Bible are the Word of God.. if not then the Bible is no Holy and thus it cannot be trusted..  So it is one way or the other.. Either people accept the Holy Bible as a whole or they don't..

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  528
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

Yes it is. And one of the frustrations I'm having is having to work with folks who seem to think that if I disagree with their opinion It means I must be either ignorant or stupid. Neither is true. We clearly interpret differently or, more likely, trust different extra-biblical authorities.

But I can't tell you how much prayer and meditation on God's words as well as the authors of the books in the bible really does help. :)

You forgot they also add, "unspiritual" and "unsaved."  ;)

44 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

And that verse by Paul does not apply to this issue.  It certainly doesn't give you the kind of license you have conned yourself into thinking you have to arbitrarily decide for yourself which parts of the Bible are from God and which parts are not.

The Bible, 100% of is inspired by God and that is the only correct and Christian way to look at it . If you say otherwise, YOU will have to stand before God and account to Him why you thought you could sit in judgment on His words.   I would not want to be in  your shoes.  I will just believe that the whole Bible is the Word of God.   That is what Christians believe and know.

Yes. And as a matter of fact, it's one of the things I want to ask God, regarding how I "should have" interpreted each and every verse of the hundreds, if not thousands of English translations of the words written by men inspired by God.

Fortunately, there is nothing in the bible about salvation depending on that.