• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

The Bible also trumps gotquestions.

The gas lighting is in Gen 3:1, 4-5, Did God really say...

Jhn 8:42-47 Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I have come here from God. I have not come on my own; God sent me. 43Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. 44You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. 45Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me! 46Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don’t you believe me? 47Whoever belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God.”

1Jo 2:18 Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour.

1Jo 2:22 Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist—denying the Father and the Son.

1Jo 4:3 but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

2Jo 1:7 I say this because many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist.

Gaslighting is a form of psychological manipulation that seeks to sow seeds of doubt in a targeted individual or in members of a targeted group, making them question their own memory, perception, and sanity. Using persistent denial, misdirection, contradiction, and lying, it attempts to destabilize the victim and delegitimize the victim's belief.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaslighting

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,566
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 minute ago, Heb 13:8 said:

That's an interesting statement..

Yes it is is there Biblical precedent confirming that conclusion? I believe there is-

• Group:  Diamond Member

2 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Satan did not 'cause' Eve  to sin. He may have deceived her into sinning, but she is still culpable for her own sin.

Exactly, sort of like false doctrines that come to light through the antichrist spirit. Lying is form of gas lighting..

The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. 2 Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron.

12 minutes ago, Heb 13:8 said:

Gaslighting is a form of psychological manipulation that seeks to sow seeds of doubt in a targeted individual or in members of a targeted group, making them question their own memory, perception, and sanity

It is also easy enough to implant false memories, and for the individual to invent memories for their own purposes of deceiving themselves.

A presentation is at https://curiosity.com/topics/its-surprisingly-easy-to-plant-false-memories-curiosity/

But if each of us  is called first in general by the Holy Spirit and then at least some called by that same Spirit specifically, is it possible to reject that specific calla s it seems to be possible to ignore the general one? Does the Holy Spirit call everyone specifically?  None seem to be able to understand nor receive the gospel without the Holy Spirit's enabling as it is spiritually discerned. But is there true freewill to be able to  reject that specific call?

I only know I tried, and was forcefully vocally chastised, shut off, and told pretty much to shut up and decide period! No more this is it, is the voice I remember shuting my questioning, objections, and excuses down. I thought I had a choice, but it seems to me to have been one in which  I could not make but one decision, not this side of sanity anyway.  I accepted Jesus as Lord, my Lord.

Is it that way for all? I do not know. I can only know what happened, I have known it from the moment it happened, and the  confirming physical attribute granted me at that time is still present. So I do not ever wonder, hey was that for real or not? I have it in written record of my testimony, it is the same as I remember over three decades later.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

It is also easy enough to implant false memories, and for the individual to invent memories for their own purposes of deceiving themselves.

A presentation is at https://curiosity.com/topics/its-surprisingly-easy-to-plant-false-memories-curiosity/

But if each of us  is called first in general by the Holy Spirit and then at least some called by that same Spirit specifically, is it possible to reject that specific calla s it seems to be possible to ignore the general one? Does the Holy Spirit call everyone specifically?  None seem to be able to understand nor receive the gospel without the Holy Spirit's enabling as it is spiritually discerned. But is there true freewill to be able to  reject that specific call?

I only know I tried, and was forcefully vocally chastised, shut off, and told pretty much to shut up and decide period! No more this is it, is the voice I remember shuting my questioning, objections, and excuses down. I thought I had a choice, but it seems to me to have been one in which  I could not make but one decision, not this side of sanity anyway.  I accepted Jesus as Lord, my Lord.

Is it that way for all? I do not know. I can only know what happened, I have known it from the moment it happened, and the  confirming physical attribute granted me at that time is still present. So I do not ever wonder, hey was that for real or not? I have it in written record of my testimony, it is the same as I remember over three decades later.

I believe learning about psychology can be a healthy thing, being sin originates in the mind..

https://www.google.com/search?ei=FY9wW4KsJc26gge-qaCgCg&q=sin+begins+in+the+mind+bible+verse&oq=sin+begins&gs_l=psy-ab.3.1.0l4j0i22i30k1l6.11128.71958.0.74054.12.11.1.0.0.0.77.625.10.11.0..2..0...1.1.64.psy-ab..0.12.724.6..35i39k1j0i67k1j0i131k1j0i10i67k1j0i131i20i264k1j0i20i264k1j0i10k1.93.vMyMAUMhNKU

Welcome to the family, and amen for your testimony. - Heb ?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Heb 13:8 said:
3 hours ago, Unfailing Presence said:

Each time a person has  dismissed / rejected  the Gospel of Christ the harder it becomes for the Spirit to enter in .

That's an interesting statement..

The difference between the honest innocent inquisitiveness of youth juxtaposed to self-deceitful resistance of age I heard summed up once in the example of a small perceptive child asking a parent :

" Daddy does God know that we don't believe in him ? " 

I think that this spiritual dynamic of youth verses age  is what Jesus was speaking about when he said of the children's natural affection towards Him :

" Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter in . "  ( Luke 18 : 17 )

Those who are old and unsaved , quite literally have to become as children again to be saved . Not an easy thing to do and usually requires some sort of dramatic / tragic event in the persons life .

Their spiritual cataracts have to be removed and their " blindness "  corrected .

Whereas the younger and closer to childhood you are the better and unclouded is your spiritual vision .

Edited by Unfailing Presence
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Unfailing Presence said:

The difference between the honest innocent inquisitiveness of youth juxtaposed to self-deceitful resistance of age I heard summed up once in the example of a small perceptive child asking a parent :

I think that this spiritual dynamic of youth verses age  is what Jesus was speaking about when he said of the children's natural affection towards Him :

" Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter in . "  ( Luke 18 : 17 )

hmm...  like non believing wife married to non believing husband for 40 years, following each other off the cliff while their children come to Christ ...

18 minutes ago, Heb 13:8 said:

I believe learning about psychology can be a healthy thing, being sin originates in the mind..

Well no, I think that is just not so.

Sin originated  with satan's pride and manifested in his trying to rise above God the Son, our Lord and savior Jesus; and in man with Adam when Adam deliberately lied to God's face shifting blame for his on actions to Eve blaming God for giving her to him.  Adam blamed God for his sin.

Unlike Eve who was deceived in her state of innocence, Adam deliberately lied after becoming aware and no longer innocent, no longer unaware of sin. God gave Adam a real good lesson of the deep consequence of sin when He killed, shedding blood, and made Adam wear the bloody pelt of a dead animal over his genitalia instead of the leaf he Adam  and Eve had fashioned for themselves in their awareness. Death was upon man all of mankind as death is the price of sin.

Sin, even in the mind is not something pyschology can limit. Jesus has stated that it too is accountable to God.  Nor can psychology heal it. It can play around and try to make man's science out of what is God's will.  It can chart it, and duplicate it to some degree to make scientific evidence of theory, but it is a pretty much an unproductive game. An unnecessary one, and often a deceitful practice, one in which much damage is often done. What is not unproducive is the Word of God, the Bible, perceived by only the saved in Christ, as enabled by God the Holy Spirit.

I am man, born in and with sin in my heart. I will try to rob my own brother of his birthright while I am still in the womb. I will try to say  it was another's fault, even my helpmate is not safe from that sin. I will blame God saying He is not loving if this and if that, when I am of the flawed inheritance and descendancy of Adam totally deprave d and lacking any merit whatsoever. I will even try to have another's mate killed so that I may continue in my sin of disobedience against God's commands. That is man, depravity is his inheritance, and he is cursed in and by the perfect righteousness of God. None are innocent, none. Some are not yet accountible, but none are free of their birthmark of sin. 

Sin is my inherited birth mark! It is also the righteous curse from God to all the descendants of Adam. It is God's righteousness that will not, and cannot tolerate imperfection. God is perfection, perfection and imperfection cannot share, can't be done. Anything born of imperfection is imperfect. As all are born of Adam's lineage, all are flawed from before the get go, before conception in the flesh even. All that will be saved from that plight solely by  the grace and mercy of God are also foreknown to God and predestined by God to be saved from that absolute penalty of death the price for sin, Adam's sin inherited making all mankind depraved, totally depraved for any sin spoils perfection totally.

God has reconciled that impossible to resolve problem. He has taken on personally all the sin of those He has predestined,doing so by way of Jesus's covering it in his own shed blood, making the saints white as snow seen as perfect in the eye of God the Father.

No other way is possible- God has become the reconciler. He has paid the price of sin past, present, and future in all that He has foreknown and predestined and given to Jesus as Lord. And Jesus does not lose a one.

It is absolutely righteous that none, none at all be saved. Yet  God has made it possible the many will be found mature in the lord and saved by his mercy and grace alone. My mind has nothing to do with that  truth My mind cannot change that truth, nor can any psychologist nor any theorist of any kind.

There is one way to god  Jesus is that way. That is love, no greater love has any man.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, Heb 13:8 said:
19 minutes ago, Unfailing Presence said:

hmm...  like non believing wife married to non believing husband for 40 years, following each other off the cliff while their children come to Christ ...

Very tragic to think of but yes , it does happen . And by the same token the opposite can happen that Christian parents can have rejecting children . But I think for reasons we have discussed the scenario you have described probably happens more often .

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  536

1 hour ago, Heb 13:8 said:

Hello Heb 13: 8! Be careful here. Every single approach to psychology is based on a unifying core belief that we each are capable, through professional psychological council, to heal ourselves. This is after all the emphasis of psychology. This is also in direct conflict with God's word.

1 Thessalonians 5:21-23 New King James Version (NKJV)

21 Test all things; hold fast what is good. 22 Abstain from every form of evil.

Blessing and Admonition

23 Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify[a] you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

This link will give you 20 versus that conform God is our ONLY healer, not ourselves. Please consider these before you get too deeply involved with the deceptions of psychology.

https://www.ibelieve.com/faith/20-bible-verses-about-healing-that-only-god-can-give.html,  especially #10.

10. Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take. Don’t be impressed with your own wisdom. Instead, fear the Lord and turn away from evil. Then you will have healing for your body and strength for your bones. – Proverbs 3:5-

Anyway please consider these verses to guide you in any exploring of the science and philosophy of men! :o

Cheers Heb 13: 8!!! :)

• Thumbs Up 1