• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 minute ago, Debp said:

I'm not talking about new age practices.   I just mean Christians would benefit sometimes by just having simple solitude and Biblical meditation  with the Lord in a beautiful place.  So many Christian retreats are just too much busyness and activities....

It don't matter ,  all the wrong spirits are their .    I would not go in those places to pray at all .    You need to be warning folks to stay out them places .

Debp,    you got me a bit worried .   Why lead anyone into those places .  it don't matter how beautiful it appears ,  the jews bragged about how beautiful their temple was too

and yeah, it was smashed flat ,  so too will these places .   We don't need that beauty .  Folks seem to get so attracted to smells, sounds , sights , and got no idea

What lies in those places .    We got no business in their at all,   LESS it be to warn folks to get up and out of those places .   Debp  ,  we gotta keep folks from those places

and those type of attractions .   IF smells, sights and outward beauty makes us FEEL closer to GOD ,   oops we better start over and fast .

These are breeding grounds of confusion and delusion .   We don't want anyone near those places .   Unless you going in to preach the word and solid truth to them.

And if they wont hear , move on and out . 

• Group:  Mars Hill

6 minutes ago, JTC said:

I agree Deb, I couldn't afford a retreat but I'd like to go to one also.

That alone says it all.     cant afford .      WHY they even putting price tags on this .    folks get away from this stuff or even desiring it .

I cant even begin to imagine JESUS or the apostels building some beautiful place and charging admission for prayer and meditation .    Folks its all wrong and backwards.

JESUS picked up whips for things JUST LIKE THIS .    For mediation why NOT LOOK to the place JESUS went ,   hills , a mountain ,  a Solitude place .

not some big fancy pretty place with all sorts of wacked out meditations and a PRICE TAG to BOOT . 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,309
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

13 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

It don't matter ,  all the wrong spirits are their .    I would not go in those places to pray at all .    You need to be warning folks to stay out them places .

Debp,    you got me a bit worried .   Why lead anyone into those places .  it don't matter how beautiful it appears ,  the jews bragged about how beautiful their temple was too

and yeah, it was smashed flat ,  so too will these places .   We don't need that beauty .  Folks seem to get so attracted to smells, sounds , sights , and got no idea

What lies in those places .    We got no business in their at all,   LESS it be to warn folks to get up and out of those places .   Debp  ,  we gotta keep folks from those places

and those type of attractions .   IF smells, sights and outward beauty makes us FEEL closer to GOD ,   oops we better start over and fast .

These are breeding grounds of confusion and delusion .   We don't want anyone near those places .   Unless you going in to preach the word and solid truth to them.

And if they wont hear , move on and out . 

Brother, I think you are misunderstanding me big-time.  When I talk about beautiful places, I am meaning God's Creation....nature!!   I am not talking of man's buildings.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

This is the one in the phoenix area. 

http://canaaninthedesert.com/

They do not do the new age junk that frienduff is so upset about. They do not worship idols. It is a place for folks to refresh themselves in the Lord. 

• Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,247
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

And if they wont hear , move on and out

With your penchant for warning everybody against the RCC ad nauseam, what better opportunity for you to simply go to their retreats with the true gospel, to those who would need it the most. That would definitely be very productive, friend.

6 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

That alone says it all.     cant afford .      WHY they even putting price tags on this .    folks get away from this stuff or even desiring it .

I cant even begin to imagine JESUS or the apostels building some beautiful place and charging admission for prayer and meditation .    Folks its all wrong and backwards.

JESUS picked up whips for things JUST LIKE THIS .    For mediation why NOT LOOK to the place JESUS went ,   hills , a mountain ,  a Solitude place .

not some big fancy pretty place with all sorts of wacked out meditations and a PRICE TAG to BOOT . 

You may not know this friend, but it cost money to purchase land, and clear it and plant and maintain lawns and plants, to say nothing of the 'buildings' and facilities for sleeping and meals and lighting or heat and air, showers and rest rooms, hiking and camping  grounds. Our church is supported by it's members, (money-time-labor) and we support the group retreat, money-time-labor). Many people go free as guests, and when our kids went on special activities, they would find sponsors to help them financially, which gave the sponsors a part of the blessing. (NOT the burden). Our youth considering the ministry, are given opportunities to bring a message (preach) to the younger youth, and gain experience. My wife and I have been to marriage retreats there with other friends, with cool guest speakers, at a real lay back atmosphere, usually outdoors.  And still had much alone time, for time to listen to the Lord. 
I think Debp has exhausted herself trying to make you understand. I think most understand she is sharing her own thoughts about finding a place, quiet, in a nice outdoor setting with the trees and flowers, wildlife or river streams, and think/talk/listen to God. A Christian retreat. Too bad she mentioned the "Catholic" retreat. My daughter was born in a catholic hospital, but that didn't make her a catholic.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

On 8/12/2018 at 7:44 PM, Yowm said:

The restroom is a pretty good place as it provides an excuse for privacy...temporarily.

I find God often speaks in the restroom, I think it’s because it’s the one time other than in our sleep that he can get our undivided attention. 

On 8/12/2018 at 5:58 PM, Debp said:

Although we can "retreat" in everyday life, just wondering if you know of any special places (retreats) for people to go for quietness with the Lord?

Although I am not Catholic, I think they have many retreat places for people to just get away and have solitude with God.   I believe anyone can go there, not just Catholics.   Seems like a good idea to me.

I am not Catholic either, I’ve been to a Catholic retreat deep in nature and it was quite lovely; because the nature was made by God The Trinity. However, I do find it a concerning that to pay and stay at a Catholic retreat you are supporting a church that doesn’t teach the true Gospel (Galatians 1:8-9, 2 Corinthians 11:2-15). So it depends if you can live with supporting the RCC, and consequently make the RCC stronger. Or if you can see it as you are simply going to enjoy the Lord’s creation. 

Edited by Fidei Defensor
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,309
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

I was just giving the Catholic retreats as an example.   It would be nice if some Christian retreats would stress the importance of solitude more, I think.  Or maybe that's just my way of thinking.   If I went somewhere and everything was crowded with people or filled with seminars, I don't think I'd enjoy it as much....as simply having quiet, alone time with God in nature.

4 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

I find God often speaks in the restroom, I think it’s because it’s the one time other than in our sleep that he can get our undivided attention. 

I am not Catholic either, I’ve been to a Catholic retreat deep in nature and it was quite lovely; because the nature wax made by God The Trinity. However, I do find it a concerning that to pay and stay at a Catholic retreat you are supporting a church that doesn’t teach the true Gospel (Galatians 1:8-9, 2 Corinthians 11:2-15). So it depends if you can live with supporting the RCC, and consequently make the RCC stronger. Or if you can see it as you are simply going to enjoy the Lord’s creation. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

I personally cant use the restroom that way. It just strikes me as disrespectful of the Lord. My personal view. 

• Loved it! 1

8 hours ago, Gary Lee said:

With your penchant for warning everybody against the RCC ad nauseam, what better opportunity for you to simply go to their retreats with the true gospel, to those who would need it the most. That would definitely be very productive, friend.

You may not know this friend, but it cost money to purchase land, and clear it and plant and maintain lawns and plants, to say nothing of the 'buildings' and facilities for sleeping and meals and lighting or heat and air, showers and rest rooms, hiking and camping  grounds. Our church is supported by it's members, (money-time-labor) and we support the group retreat, money-time-labor). Many people go free as guests, and when our kids went on special activities, they would find sponsors to help them financially, which gave the sponsors a part of the blessing. (NOT the burden). Our youth considering the ministry, are given opportunities to bring a message (preach) to the younger youth, and gain experience. My wife and I have been to marriage retreats there with other friends, with cool guest speakers, at a real lay back atmosphere, usually outdoors.  And still had much alone time, for time to listen to the Lord. 
I think Debp has exhausted herself trying to make you understand. I think most understand she is sharing her own thoughts about finding a place, quiet, in a nice outdoor setting with the trees and flowers, wildlife or river streams, and think/talk/listen to God. A Christian retreat. Too bad she mentioned the "Catholic" retreat. My daughter was born in a catholic hospital, but that didn't make her a catholic.  

That is the Only reason I would go to visit , is if I am led to witness the gospel .   I also seen that debp explained that .

And I agree it costs money , to build those large retreat centers .     But gary ,  but when they build those places ,   its to make MONEY OFF IT .

I can assure you they fully know they may spend tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars on those places ,  KNOWING Full well  in time it will be a good INVESTMENT

as over the years they will rake in well over that amount .    We need to ponder the real reason behind WHY some build such extravagant places to begin with .

Its to make a profit off them .     Deep down you know this is true .    I cannot imagine paul and others building such elegant places of retreat.  Then turning around

and making a profit off them .   Their is such a big difference between a pastor who simply lives of the flock and one who builds his own empire off the flock .

Rome has far more money , as well as many .     We should really look at the examples of peter and paul WHO followed Christ .

When they had a need they did ask the church ,  most often it was for the poor saints .   Even a few times paul asked for his own personal needs.

But rest assured at most it was a cloake , writing parchments , simple things .

Its changed for the bad gary .     And while it may seem I condemn,   I am not the one condemning .    these condmen themselves , I only warn to avoid such .

It costs money to many things ,   but when the idea is to make a profit off something its become the wrong idea .

I bet the Pharisees and sanhedrien told themselves the same thing ,  I bet they thought they was doing it for GOD

BUT CHRIST saw through them and I by grace see through this .

Its all wrong gary .   Of course we can have time alone in meditation and prayer to the LORD ,  but its become a business gary ,  they making a dollar off the folks

and telling themselves whatever they need to , to feel like all is well , when in fact its not well at all.   The whole is bruised , putrid and sick

and its all become a business .     Oh I am sure their may be some solid retreats left ,  but not many .   

I want us all to imagine two things .    IF the POOR cannot AFFORD your retreat , SOMETHING IS WRONG , cause I was under the impression

its supposed to be a house of prayer and that the retreat is supposed to be a place for all , whether poor or not to be able to go .

Number two ,   watch out for the types of meditation as well.     this is all wrong gary .   it truly is .

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

I am not Catholic either, I’ve been to a Catholic retreat deep in nature and it was quite lovely; because the nature wax made by God The Trinity. However, I do find it a concerning that to pay and stay at a Catholic retreat you are supporting a church that doesn’t teach the true Gospel (Galatians 1:8-9, 2 Corinthians 11:2-15). So it depends if you can live with supporting the RCC, and consequently make the RCC stronger. Or if you can see it as you are simply going to enjoy the Lord’s creation. 

However, I do find it a concerning that to pay and stay at a Catholic retreat you are supporting a church that doesn’t teach the true Gospel (Galatians 1:8-9, 2 Corinthians 11:2-15). So it depends if you can live with supporting the RCC, and consequently make the RCC stronger.

Had to let that get said one more time .  the next time we think we need to go to these places or places prosperity preachers or emergent leaders have set up

MAY EVERY SINGLE ONE remember that .   YOU helping SUPPORT those who teach false things .    I hope that sinks so deep into our conscious

we cant eat or sleep till we KNOW full well, to not even think about visiting these places . 

Not only that,  but consider this ,      Would paul or Christ himself have made places ,  WHERE ONLY the richer could visit and the poor could not .   JESUS shut that down

at the temple .    Yall my advice is we stay clear of these places and just go commune in nature .    We don't want to ever aide them .   and we also do not want

the meditation types that many of these places do .    My advice is research the place and see where it has ties too.    and research its meditations as well.

if the meditations are wrong or it has any connection to false teachers , FLEE .   and also if its a place where the poor cannot gather , FLEE , its all wrong .

• Thumbs Up 1