• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 minute ago, enoob57 said:

God is not keeping any of the first creation when all His Word is accomplished in what He says He will do within it... So anyone trying to mix the stuff that is here with eternal matters is basically saying flesh stuff that passes away and not Spirit stuff that extends into the eternities …. 

All going to burn-

The CoC'rs seem to think we are in the Kingdom the 1000 year reign, all of which got very confusing to me. Didn't make sense to me Satan being bound, and so on. Seemed like a very long thousand year reign to me. It was about that time that  I found they avoided the Book of Revelation in their Sunday worship and verse by verse reading through the Bible, and said I think God wants me to move on. Take care but adios. 

To their credit they did get me out  of my own funk, a time when I had become a church of one, -me.  That time with them  did serve well in getting me led to where God wanted me to get involved, a place I have been for over 20 years now.

From my present perspective, I find I trust that God leads me, and that all things do work to the good of those that believe on Jesus as Lord God and personal savior.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,180
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

5 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

All going to burn-

The CoC'rs seem to think we are in the Kingdom the 1000 year reign, all of which got very confusing to me. Didn't make sense to me Satan being bound, and so on. Seemed like a very long thousand year reign to me. It was about that time that  I found they avoided the Book of Revelation in their Sunday worship and verse by verse reading through the Bible, and said I think God wants me to move on. Take care but adios. 

To their credit they did get me out  of my own funk, a time when I had become a church of one, -me.  That time with them  did serve well in getting me led to where God wanted me to get involved, a place I have been for over 20 years now.

From my present perspective, I find I trust that God leads me, and that all things do work to the good of those that believe on Jesus as Lord God and personal savior.

As long as that leading is truth of God's written material hermeneutically derived … so many trust their inner feelings as to what God has said and do not realize they have made themselves the authority by subjective means … it is true because 'I feel it is'! God lead us this way 'It is written'...

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,117
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

7 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Our neighborhood “ Church of Christ “ informed my wife she would roast in Hell for smoking cigarettes.Thankfully she abandoned that place.

they say that because we (our bodies) are the temple of God and smoking damages the temple....   while not in my belief system I can cut them some slack for they do have good reason to think that.....      I think if we go down that road it would also be a sin to willingly live in Los Angeles for the air there pretty much does the same as smoking.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Cletus said:

I think i would not stay for a whole service if i went to a church that dont do music. 

you should visit a good sized church a time or two....  I think you would be very surprised at the singing there.....   when a whole congregation sings in 4 part it can be rather lifting....   it's the other things they believe that can be a bother that keeps me from there.

17 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

As long as that leading is truth of God's written material hermeneutically derived … so many trust their inner feelings as to what God has said and do not realize they have made themselves the authority by subjective means … it is true because 'I feel it is'! God lead us this way 'It is written'...

what I find interesting is when people try and tell me why God did something...

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,180
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

18 minutes ago, other one said:

what I find interesting is when people try and tell me why God did something...

We know God did all things according to His pleasure

Rev 4:11

11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.
KJV

and because of this statement I know that sin formed by satan's rebellion was not a creative part with God

Ezek 33:11

11 Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?
KJV

and it is upon this foundational reality I build all understanding of Scripture yet upon knowing my understanding is frail and incomplete so as not to become prideful of what is gained in this incompleteness

1 Cor 8:2-3

2 And if any man think that he knoweth anything, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.

3 But if any man love God, the same is known of him.
KJV

1 Cor 13:12-13

12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.
KJV

Edited by enoob57

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

8 hours ago, other one said:

they say that because we (our bodies) are the temple of God and smoking damages the temple....   while not in my belief system I can cut them some slack for they do have good reason to think that.....      I think if we go down that road it would also be a sin to willingly live in Los Angeles for the air there pretty much does the same as smoking.

I was aware of their reasoning and I was 

also aware of their hypocrisy......90% of the membership are lard-asses who never condemn excess sugar and fat intake.....

57 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

also aware of their hypocrisy......90% of the membership are lard-asses who never condemn excess sugar and fat intake.....

not in the churches I have attended....   well maybe with the exception of myself but that was many years ago....   but then I don't think smoking will send you to hell....   but it surely makes you smell bad.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

They scared my wife and many others to death with their damnable works doctrine....that’s worse than pointing out hypocrisy,which is what I did .Sorry, I’m not going to Molley-Coddle those that are sending people to Hell with their perverted additions to the Gospel.They have thousands of places to go where they will not “ get insulted”.Paul confronted Peter to his face in front of many people when he was being a hypocrite.Peter was very human . I’m sure he was hurt and embarrassed when Paul called him out.He got over it and was a better Christian because of it.Modern day Judaizers need to be jolted out of their blind complacency and self-satisfaction.Sorry If I offended anyone in my attempt to call out a false Gospel.

14 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Actually LA's have a problem with Carbs more than fat or sugar....

• Thumbs Up 1