• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Will the Roman Catholic Church Survive?

It will survive. There are simply too many blinded and ignorant people who are members of it.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Edited by Neighbor

• Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,468
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

In my opinion, it depends on ones interpretation of the word 'survival', your biblical hermeneutics, and for how long. The RCC is the largest denomination, most powerful, most influential and richest 'religion' in the world, closely followed by Islam.

2 Timothy 3:3 (KJV) Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 2 Timothy 3:4 (KJV) Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; 2 Timothy 3:5 (KJV) Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

Being in the last days we see right before our own eyes the lawlessness, acceptance of the gay lifestyle (homosexuality) any your morals are not my morals (moral absolutes), anything and everything goes. What it boils down to is; most people don't really care or get involved, they turn a blind eye to it, or they have an attitude of  'one true church' can do no wrong. 

There is no doubt in my ex-military mind the Whore of Babylon spoken of in Revelation is the Vatican and RCC. Everything fits to a tee from the seven hills, to the blood of the saints / martyrs (past history), to the priestly colors (vestitures) and its location. If that is the correct interpretation, then we know the fate of it and the timing. 

But that's just me, your mileage may vary. 

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

15 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Hey Neighbor m, your comment is erased.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

The Catholic Church has been here for about 2000 years and has had things worse than this latest thing in it's history...

• Thumbs Up 2

14 hours ago, other one said:

The Catholic Church has been here for about 2000 years and has had things worse than this latest thing in it's history...

True, however, that was before the internet and the ability to expose the majority of the world to these scandals. We are in the post #metoo era and scandals like these have the capacity to not only shake faith in the institution but to remove many of the leaders from office. If the Cardinals and ecclesastjcal courts don’t give the people blood, they could find a total upheaval. 

Alrrady I have seen Ireland reject the Pope’s visit wit protests and Mexicans removing their rosaries and distancing themselves from the RCC, and embracing their pagan rites more openly and less in quasi-Catholic pagan way. The biggest mistake would be for the RCC to take the stance that this is another scandal and will blow over and believe that they are invulnerable. The world at large has been mutated by Secular, Humanist, Post-Modern, Pagan, Hindu, Buddist, and New Age influences. People are already abandoning the church for these views, this scandal and the dark history of Catholicism is a recipe for the final fall of Rome; this time it won’t be the Visigoths, it will be the Vishnuites and Post-Modern Vandals. 

This is not a setback, this is the potential breaking point. Schism not only lies ahead, but utter collapse. One cannot keep doing abuses and then covering them up and still ask people to trust. 

Pope Francis needs to step down, Cardinals need to be defrocked, and all perpetrators of the abuse removed from their respective offices and handed over to the civil courts to be tried and punished. Anything less will be perceived as placating and indifference. 

Surviving the scandals of the past as made the RCC think they will prevail, but that attitude is a mistake. Already majorities are leaving churches in UK and around world over personal choice, not scandal. Church attendance is dismal for high churches, the RCC is going to receive a great wound if they play by their standard play book of vows, phoney outrage, and words. It’s time they act or suffer the last act of their church. 

As a Protestant I believe this could be the fall of Babelyon (Revelation 17 and 18) and that it is what Jesus meant when He said, “and begins to beat his fellow servants, and to eat and drink with the drunkards, 50 the master of that servant will come on a day when he is not looking for him and at an hour that he is not aware of, 51 and will cut him in two and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites. There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.” (Matthew 24:49-51). 

This great fall of Rome could at last lead RCs to know Jesus in a personal relationship (ginosko, epignosko) [Philippians 3:8-10] and read the Holy Bible. 

16 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Hey Neighbor m, your comment is erased.

Decided I had nothing new to add and there was little reason to go round the track again. 

Just now, Neighbor said:

Decided I had nothing new to add and there was little reason to go round the track again. 

I still would have liked to have read it. :) 

3 minutes ago, Fidei Defensor said:

I still would have liked to have read it. :) 

Maybe on an other occasion.

On 9/2/2018 at 6:45 AM, Dennis1209 said:

In my opinion, it depends on ones interpretation of the word 'survival', your biblical hermeneutics, and for how long. The RCC is the largest denomination, most powerful, most influential and richest 'religion' in the world, closely followed by Islam.

2 Timothy 3:3 (KJV) Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 2 Timothy 3:4 (KJV) Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; 2 Timothy 3:5 (KJV) Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

Being in the last days we see right before our own eyes the lawlessness, acceptance of the gay lifestyle (homosexuality) any your morals are not my morals (moral absolutes), anything and everything goes. What it boils down to is; most people don't really care or get involved, they turn a blind eye to it, or they have an attitude of  'one true church' can do no wrong. 

There is no doubt in my ex-military mind the Whore of Babylon spoken of in Revelation is the Vatican and RCC. Everything fits to a tee from the seven hills, to the blood of the saints / martyrs (past history), to the priestly colors (vestitures) and its location. If that is the correct interpretation, then we know the fate of it and the timing. 

But that's just me, your mileage may vary. 

Great points. It seems to me if the RCC falls, the Islam will leap to the largest religion after Christianity as a whole. The RCC has already compromised, Pope Benedict XVI had Imams pray in St. Peter’s and told RCs they can pray to Allah. Allah is not the Lord, Allah or Allahu is the god of Islam who “tricks his people and plays with them,” and “makes them sin.” The Lord Jesus helps His people and died for mankind’s sins (1 Peter 3:18).