Debp

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,312
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

Just a suggestion for all of us, myself included.    I see another good thread has been deleted....the Sharing Christ with Muslims at Christmas.   Let's all try to stay on the topic of the threads and be respectful to each other so they won't be deleted in the future.   

I know everyone put alot of work into following the topic and answering.   I was sorry to see it deleted when I checked in now.

We won't have too many interesting threads if they keep getting deleted! :heart:

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  536
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  1

58 minutes ago, Debp said:

Just a suggestion for all of us, myself included.    I see another good thread has been deleted....the Sharing Christ with Muslims at Christmas.   Let's all try to stay on the topic of the threads and be respectful to each other so they won't be deleted in the future.   

I know everyone put alot of work into following the topic and answering.   I was sorry to see it deleted when I checked in now.

We won't have too many interesting threads if they keep getting deleted! :heart:

Too bad scripture is not the standard for posting rules. That would eliminate the eventual conflicts that cause these topics to be deleted.

Cheers!!! :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Another Christian message board has a category called "Rabble Babble", a place that threads gone out of control go to, some get blocked from posting anymore in them some get  edited there and eventually the threads get shut down, but they don't disappear. Don't know if that  is a viable option here or not.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,117
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

threads can be locked here without making them go away....    they are usually put in the deleted bucket until the mods have a chance to review them....   some people who disagree with threads do a bunch of aggravating people then report them to get them shut down.....     it's very frustrating when you've spent hours looking things up and putting them together.   It is quickly getting to the point that posting here just isn't worth the effort...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,312
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

5 hours ago, other one said:

threads can be locked here without making them go away....    they are usually put in the deleted bucket until the mods have a chance to review them....   some people who disagree with threads do a bunch of aggravating people then report them to get them shut down.....     it's very frustrating when you've spent hours looking things up and putting them together.   It is quickly getting to the point that posting here just isn't worth the effort...

I understand...many of us follow certain topics regularly and post as we are led.   Then all of a sudden the whole thread is gone. :o In the Sharing with Muslims at Christmas thread, I think that was an excellent topic.

• Thumbs Up 2

Guest shiloh357
11 minutes ago, Debp said:

I understand...many of us follow certain topics regularly and post as we are led.   Then all of a sudden the whole thread is gone. :o In the Sharing with Muslims at Christmas thread, I think that was an excellent topic.

This is the kind of issue you need to take up with the mods in private.

3 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

This is the kind of issue you need to take up with the mods in private.

And that would help how?

Edited by other one

Guest shiloh357
Just now, other one said:

And that would help how?

It won't.  But it is inappropriate to air one's issues with how the mods handle the threads in public.  If someone has a complaint about a deleted thread, they need to take it up with the moderators.  That has always been the M.O. on this board and you have been here long enough to know that.

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

It won't.  But it is inappropriate to air one's issues with how the mods handle the threads in public.  If someone has a complaint about a deleted thread, they need to take it up with the moderators.  That has always been the M.O. on this board and you have been here long enough to know that.

And I think it's time to see if others are bothered with it of if I'm just going overboard. If others are not bothered with it then I will set back and just stop putting effort in posting