• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.30
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Badjao said this ,  Some because we have known each other for a large part of our lives. We have mutual interests and/or have shared life experiences together. Some of us went to school together, worked together, served in the military, had fun together and a few suffered together.  They have never turned their back on me, so I will never turn my back on them; especially now that I am in Christ. 

now take HEED badjao and listen well to this .

But I was military too and had many friends .    I spoke with some of those friends after I was saved .    was nice .   So again the question remains .

Why did my old friends no longer desire any kind of relationship with me .

And the answer is   , BECAUSE JESUS was witnessed , SPOKEN about .    THE DIVISION JESUS said would occur,   DID OCCUR .

folks who still walk IN THE OLD MAN , unbelievers,   WILL NOT desire the light and will reject those who walk THE WAY CHRIST instructed us too .

THIS has been my point the whole time .    Ducks of a feather WALK TOGETHER .   but a duck with whole new feathers ,   ducks of the old , WILL NOT DESIRE To be friends with them .

THIS has been my point .    THEY did not flee me , because I became mean to them , AFTER my conversion .  THEY FLED ME , because they DID NOT DESIRE the LIGHT

I was walking in by the power of Christ .    Let that and may that , SINK IN REAL DEEP .   this new type of evangelism is truly no good .

Edited by frienduff thaylorde

Just now, Badjao33 said:

Maybe they were not true friends to begin with? 

Talk about mans wisdom .   OH WE WERE GREAT FRIENDS .   them folks , some of them, would have laid down even their life for me .    NO we were friends .

I did for them and they did for me .  

So since we know this is not the case .    How bout you take another STAB  the question .    OH their is a reason , its as I said .   DUCKS of a FEATHER will FLOCK TOGETHER .

22 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

I met someone once. She was not a Christian and I was. We became very good friends as we enjoyed much of the same interest in music and old 1950's 1960's tv shows such as " I love Lucy" and "The Honeymooners". It was a rare thing to find someone my age at that time that shared those interest. Anyway, my friend had a brother. He was also not a Christian. I met him and hit it off with him right from the start. I invited him to church one Sunday. He went. Near the end of the service there an alter call.  I felt a tugging at my heart, something telling me I needed to go to the alter. I didn't understand why but I went to the alter as I felt I was being called to do. I knelt down at the alter and had only been there for a few moments when I notice my friend had also come to the alter and knelt down next to me. That day my friend accepted Christ into his heart.  He grew in Christ and now 30 some years he is a good Christian man who still attends the church that he was saved in.  I see him every Sunday at church.  He met another Christian lady who became his wife.   I have no doubt in my mind that God put  him in my path and called me to go to the alter that Sunday  so that my friend would hear and answer the call of Jesus on his heart that day.  As for his sister. She never showed any interest in attending church and after a few years of being friends, we had a falling out and went our different ways.  I hear now though that she is attended a church due to the influence of her Christian bother on her life. 

So others can sit there and judge my walk and tell me I am going against God because I don't follow their rules.  But I believe that God works outside the box that we try to put him in. I will follow his direction and his leading on my life, instead of the"rules" that religious people put in place for me.If I had followed your rules and turn this friendship away because they were not Christians?  It is unlikely this person would have ever found Christ as his savor and have been an influence on his family as well.  Dose God  use this why with every Christian. Maybe not. But that is how he used me.

With that I have nothing more to say. 

You don't know how many times I have heard this by so many .    By mega false pastors too .     Now that is not an attack against YOU .   its an observation .

Because this is the way seeker friendly witnesses .    BE FRIENDS .  and I got to say , SEEKERFRIENDLY was all an agenda and it did not work out for the GOOD of the church

OR those who came into those churches .  Just a wrong image of JESUS gets taught .    This is not good at all .

Remember , no one is saying NOT to be friendly ,   we only saying NOT to be unequally yoked.

HERE is who we are to be FRIENDS WITH .

I Have called YOU FRIENDS , IF you DO whatsoever I command you .    NOW thems JESUS Words.

WHO you think I am going to follow,   might pastors who seem righteous and yet preach be friends with unbelievers ,

OR who JESUS said was friend .     A HINT ,  I am going to follow ONLY THE ONE who both saved me and can keep me from falling .

I SUGGEST WE ALL LEARN HIM and FOLLOW ONLY HIM .

3 minutes ago, Badjao33 said:

Then I'm not sure why your old friends turned away from you. 

But to get back to a more pressing matter, based on my recent post, is my way of evangelizing different than what can be found in the Bible, or is it different from the way you desire? 

IF THEY HAVE HATED ME , THEY WILL ALSO HATE YOU .

MAKING SENSE YET . 

3 minutes ago, Badjao33 said:

But to get back to a more pressing matter, based on my recent post, is my way of evangelizing different than what can be found in the Bible, or is it different from the way you desire? 

IF they were OF CHRIST they would hear us ,   but since they are not they hear only the world , and THOSE WHO ARE OF THE WORLD .

DUCKS of a feather FLOCK TOGETHER ,  it goes this way for both unbeleivers and believers .

BELIEVERS are friends of those they have things in common with

SO are unbelievers .        THE THING is A christains Unity and friendship ,   what they have in COMMON ,   IS CHRIST .  IS CHRIST .    it has nothing to do with the things of this world .

Just as when I was once in darkness,   I Had no desire to be around those who preached Christ .  SO TOO with my old friends now .

THE DIVISOIN WILL OCCUR .     Hey badjao  , DO YOU THINK JESUS came to bring peace on earth ,   I TELL YOU NO ,  but RATHER DIVSION

for from now on a mans foes will be those even of his own household .     THAT sounds NOTHING like what most under this be friends with unbeleivers ,  TEACH.

Instead they focus ON WORLD PEACE AND UNITY .      OOOOPS .      BUT we who are CHRISTS focus only on THIS PEACE .

THE RECONCILATOIN of men to GOD .   ITS WHY THE GOSPLE IS FIRST and FOREMOST .   OH I pray this sink in deep .

ITS why when we are around Unbeleivers , WE DO say they need Christ and need to repent .

But your peace is the peace OF the world , that will focus on relationship with men to men and not RATHER the relationship with God and men

and then FROM that we see clearly HOW to reach the world , to love the other .   THE KEY is to KNOW CHRIST and not mens teaching which are contrary .  BUT TO TRULY KNOW CHRIST .

From HIM we then see clearly how to do all things necessary by OUR FAITH IN HIM .   

16 minutes ago, Badjao33 said:

Your way is very different .   even your own mouth professed , ITS NOT your job to tell them to repent and believe .    PAUL and all others did . CHRIST DID .

so how come its not your JOB .    Your evangelism , WHILE it does the good works  of giving to the poor , WHICH Is good ,   Your own word were

ITS NOT my job to tell them to repent and believe . YOU said that .  SO don't try and come and contradict that .  instead admit you said it ,

WE can then pray together for GOD to give you untterance to proclaim this to the lost .    But don't duck and dodge and twist.

Instead pray , seek and knock .   GOD gives us all things necessary for godliness , and reaching souls .   

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

10 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Because this is the way seeker friendly witnesses .    BE FRIENDS . 

Maybe I need to clear something up here. I did not become "Friends" with the people I became friends with in order to lead them to Christ. I simply became friends because we somehow clicked with each other.  I did not see them across the room and say to myself "I am going to make friends with them so I can invite them to church and lead them to Christ." That is NOT what happen!  I have never been that way.  

As for the rest of what you said. It seems you have learn nothing from the  testimony that I just gave.  But perhaps it maybe helpful to someone else. 

1 minute ago, LadyKay said:

Maybe I need to clear something up here. I did not become "Friends" with the people I became friends with in order to lead them to Christ. I simply became friends because we somehow clicked with each other.  I did not see them across the room and say to myself "I am going to make friends with them so I can invite them to church and lead them to Christ." That is NOT what happen!  I have never been that way.  

As for the rest of what you said. It seems you have learn nothing from the  testimony that I just gave.  But perhaps it maybe helpful to someone else. 

I did not become "Friends" with the people I became friends with in order to lead them to Christ. I simply became friends because we somehow clicked with each other. 

But what fellowship has darkness with Light .     Again , we need to TEST those spirits .

WE SOMEHOW CLICKED .       Nothing in me clicks with unbelieves .  ONLY THIS CLICKS ,  the urgency to see them repent and believe .  THAT is what should click.

and rick warren and many others are wrong ,  You don't need to MAKE friends with unbeleivers ,    YOU ONLY NEED THE SPIRIT to be able to witness to them .

They will either hear and repent or they will reject .     We don't need those false men trying to teach us their agendas .   

You truly have no idea , do you , that this seeker friendly  was an AGENDA .    But it was and its working to destroy the church from within.

My advice to us all,  is get back in ONLY BIBLES and don't read satanic books like the shack , or circle makers , or these big making converts of today books .

THEY all poinsoned now .    READ only the bible , Follow ONLY CHRIST and you will mature up and things get much clearer .   Just do that . 

8 minutes ago, Badjao33 said:

Can you lead me to some scripture that shows that Paul used this method. 

Yeah .  its all over acts .    Read it .   mainly after chapter ten and up .  read his method .  LEARN that .  it was always SPEAKING about the DIRE NEED OF CHRIST .

not talking all the dribble of the world .    We don't try and find out what we have in common with the world , be its friend , TO WIN them .

We simply point them to Christ by telling them .   WE do the good works , but we don't leave the gopsle silent .   Go read acts

and just look at how paul approached .   

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

32 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

I did not become "Friends" with the people I became friends with in order to lead them to Christ. I simply became friends because we somehow clicked with each other. 

But what fellowship has darkness with Light .     Again , we need to TEST those spirits .

WE SOMEHOW CLICKED .       Nothing in me clicks with unbelieves .  ONLY THIS CLICKS ,  the urgency to see them repent and believe .  THAT is what should click.

and rick warren and many others are wrong ,  You don't need to MAKE friends with unbeleivers ,    YOU ONLY NEED THE SPIRIT to be able to witness to them .

They will either hear and repent or they will reject .     We don't need those false men trying to teach us their agendas .   

You truly have no idea , do you , that this seeker friendly  was an AGENDA .    But it was and its working to destroy the church from within.

My advice to us all,  is get back in ONLY BIBLES and don't read satanic books like the shack , or circle makers , or these big making converts of today books .

THEY all poinsoned now .    READ only the bible , Follow ONLY CHRIST and you will mature up and things get much clearer .   Just do that . 

Again as I stated in my post. Had I followed your rules. It is unlikely that my friend would have found Christ.  Since no one in his family attended church or was a Christian.  How sad that would have been.   It is unlikely that you and I would be friends. As you seem to think that I am not following Christ since I do not follow the rules you have sit in place. Other wise you would not keep saying to me "Follow only Christ and read your Bible". As if I do not do this things. You are putting God into a little box by saying he only works this one way and one way only. That kind of thinking hinders the work of the Holy Spirit. God is mighty and great. He can use the waves of the sea and the birds of the sky to lead people to him if he so wishes to do so. So why is it so hard to accept that he would place a person in my path that I can develop and friendship with and use that for his glory. 

While I fully understand had I met a person who tired to lead me astray and try to get me to turn away from God. Then yes it would be wise of me to sit aside such a friendship. But that was never the case with the story I just told.  Had it been odds are we most likely would not had hit off such a good friendship in the first place. 

P.S I do not follow Rick Warren or anyone else. I follow Christ. Nor have I ever read the books you are talking about and know nothing about them. Nor did I ever say you must make friends with unbelievers in order to bring them to Christ. I simply told my story of how God used me. 

Edited by LadyKay