• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  612
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

6 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Well over all. I am fine  with Christians  who do not want to partake in Halloween and think that it is evil. I am also fine with Christians who think it is simply fun and all about the candy. I do not tell either group what they should do.  I just know what I should do. As Romens 14:1 says:Accept the one whose faith is weak, without quarreling over disputable matters.   Clearly this is a disputable matter.

Romens 14:2-4 goes on to say: One person’s faith allows them to eat anything, but another, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables.  The one who eats everything must not treat with contempt the one who does not, and the one who does not eat everything must not judge the one who does, for God has accepted them.  Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To their own master, servants stand or fall. And they will stand, for the Lord is able to make them stand. 

So that is how I view the topic of Halloween. 

YES :)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

1 hour ago, LadyKay said:

Kind of sounds like Memorial Day we do here. I am not trying to argue or anything. But on Memorial Day, we always visit the grave sites of love ones,  place flowers and decorations on the gave.  I suppose some people might talk to the grave. I don't but I am sure that others do on this day. Anyway, like I said. Not trying to argue. It just sounds very similar to what we do on Memorial Day. 

Mexicans in my area celebrate day of the dead, the day after halloween. They go to the cemeteries, clean up the graves ... so far doesnt sound bad but ... they believe that the dead hang out with them on that day and set up altars to them at home. The altars have pictures of dead family and dead celebs they admire. Along with offerings of specific breads, decorations, flowers, sugar skulls, lit candles. 

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

39 minutes ago, Davida said:

Regardless of the tv episode ;) , Halloween  is not the same thing as a harvest celebration.

Waves white flag and gives up.

You have not understood what I have said in my posts. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

52 minutes ago, Abby-Joy said:

Thank you, Debp!  Your kindness is much appreciated. 

Here is something I wrote called, "While You Were Out Playing."  It isn't meant to condemn my brothers and sisters, although it may sound like it.  It was written from a very painful place, and honestly, frustration at the blindness of those who I hoped would understand.  I wrote it several years ago while working through some pretty horrible memories related to halloween. 

“While you were out playing...”

by Abby Joy 

princess-1.jpg.7cad85140d2084fc4a0e8718351e2844.jpg...a little girl went out for a night of "innocent fun" dressed in her princess dress and sparkly slippers. 

Sure that it is just a night for safe, innocent fun, her parents sent her out into her local neighborhood to knock doors and ask for candy... "Trick or treat!?" not-just-fun-and-games-1.jpg.b0e0a7d87dc57517235364867422309c.jpg

But something goes wrong... and she turns up missing. 
 Her parents are frantic! 
crying-couple-1.jpg.8e36de31d38bf95a30d42c85a07e9523.jpg
And while you were out playing with evil... eating the devil's candy... dressed up like him and his employees... a little princess goes missing.  The neighborhood is in shock! What happened to the little princess?!! Woman-crying-2.jpg.45d1e50adfc767f240c439cf6f7a0893.jpg

And while you were playing church... with your "trunk-or-treats" and Fall festivals... evil rejoices... evil persists... someone misses their little princess... and a nightmare begins.  If only it was make-believe... if only it was just a bad dream...

...while evil rejoices... 
  ...the little princess cries... 
cries-tears-1.jpg.c94101e4415c0e3ae90cbdf498a38011.jpg
...and then she screams....    screams-1.jpg.7edba78f38835dd3f36919a3b9701a71.jpg

...but it is not a dream.  

Her torture is hideous... her murder is grotesque! The servants of satan revel that night... they take her pieces and hide them in some hay ...and they take a "hay ride" and use it to traumatize their children into deathly silence.  stop-the-noise-1.jpg.f9ceb672911a42b52cf8e6652ef55633.jpg

But it was just a fun night of innocence... while you were out playing with evil, eating satan's candy, dressed up like one of his employees... and a little princess cries... the little princess dies. 
princess-crown-1.jpg.8c1f2233fa10f945c413df5b2f8a878c.jpg

hay-1.jpg

THIS is amazing abby .      When I seen this post ,  I went to it ,  and here is what I was going to say .   YALL NEED TO TALK to abby ,   SHE has a real good poem.

BUT YOU ALREADY HERE .     SISTER you LOVED .    I MEAN YOU ARE LOVED .   

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ayin jade said:

Mexicans in my area celebrate day of the dead, the day after halloween. They go to the cemeteries, clean up the graves ... so far doesnt sound bad but ... they believe that the dead hang out with them on that day and set up altars to them at home. The altars have pictures of dead family and dead celebs they admire. Along with offerings of specific breads, decorations, flowers, sugar skulls, lit candles. 

Si senora .    LLAMANDO ,   Dia de las meurtes .    DAY of the dead .   THEY DO THIS .   

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

......ask any kid what Halloween is about and they can tell you—— FREE CANDY!!!!    So simple , even a child can understand it ...

7 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

......ask any kid what Halloween is about and they can tell you—— FREE CANDY!!!!    So simple , even a child can understand it ...

Ask any catholic of the dangers of bowing to images , or praying to saints or mary and they will tell you its not worship or error.    So simple , even a child can understand it .

YET they dead wrong .   And so is honoring a pagan festival, EVEN if its done in ignorance .   The conscious of a child ,   IS NOT always RIGHT . 

Just as we were once in darkeness doing as the world .    Just because one thinks something is not evil , and make claim oh I am not celebrating it

does not mean they are no honoring it .     The catholics do this line with prayer to saints or mary or bowing before idols .   Yet WE KNOW that is wrong .

So too is any participation ON HALLOWEEN .     If we want to witness on that night ,  THEN DO it in plain clothes .

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

10 hours ago, Abby-Joy said:

Thank you, Debp!  Your kindness is much appreciated. 

Here is something I wrote called, "While You Were Out Playing."  It isn't meant to condemn my brothers and sisters, although it may sound like it.  It was written from a very painful place, and honestly, frustration at the blindness of those who I hoped would understand.  I wrote it several years ago while working through some pretty horrible memories related to halloween. 

“While you were out playing...”

by Abby Joy 

princess-1.jpg.7cad85140d2084fc4a0e8718351e2844.jpg...a little girl went out for a night of "innocent fun" dressed in her princess dress and sparkly slippers. 

Sure that it is just a night for safe, innocent fun, her parents sent her out into her local neighborhood to knock doors and ask for candy... "Trick or treat!?" not-just-fun-and-games-1.jpg.b0e0a7d87dc57517235364867422309c.jpg

But something goes wrong... and she turns up missing. 
 Her parents are frantic! 
crying-couple-1.jpg.8e36de31d38bf95a30d42c85a07e9523.jpg
And while you were out playing with evil... eating the devil's candy... dressed up like him and his employees... a little princess goes missing.  The neighborhood is in shock! What happened to the little princess?!! Woman-crying-2.jpg.45d1e50adfc767f240c439cf6f7a0893.jpg

And while you were playing church... with your "trunk-or-treats" and Fall festivals... evil rejoices... evil persists... someone misses their little princess... and a nightmare begins.  If only it was make-believe... if only it was just a bad dream...

...while evil rejoices... 
  ...the little princess cries... 
cries-tears-1.jpg.c94101e4415c0e3ae90cbdf498a38011.jpg
...and then she screams....    screams-1.jpg.7edba78f38835dd3f36919a3b9701a71.jpg

...but it is not a dream.  

Her torture is hideous... her murder is grotesque! The servants of satan revel that night... they take her pieces and hide them in some hay ...and they take a "hay ride" and use it to traumatize their children into deathly silence.  stop-the-noise-1.jpg.f9ceb672911a42b52cf8e6652ef55633.jpg

But it was just a fun night of innocence... while you were out playing with evil, eating satan's candy, dressed up like one of his employees... and a little princess cries... the little princess dies. 
princess-crown-1.jpg.8c1f2233fa10f945c413df5b2f8a878c.jpg

hay-1.jpg

I am sorry. But I think the moral of this story should be that Children should not trick or treat alone without their parents. I am from a small town. There has never been an issue of missing children on Halloween.  While I can see that such things  can do happen. They happen not because of Halloween and trick or treating. They happen due to children not being watched by their parents. Any child at any time of the year be it Halloween or not, can be taken by someone.  

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

12 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Kind of sounds like Memorial Day we do here. I am not trying to argue or anything. But on Memorial Day, we always visit the grave sites of love ones,  place flowers and decorations on the gave.  I suppose some people might talk to the grave. I don't but I am sure that others do on this day. Anyway, like I said. Not trying to argue. It just sounds very similar to what we do on Memorial Day. 

At my house we stay home and look through pictures of our deceased ones.   Remembering them as they were alive and not rotting in the ground...

Guest 1sheep
20 hours ago, warrior12 said:

The book can be downloaded in pdf format, just do a google search with the title and place pdf at the end of the search sentence. 

Again, to reiterate, the demonic world that the enemy has employed to trap and make seem so comfortable and pleasurable is being overlooked by the ones who are to shine their lamps from the candlesticks and not use the dark cloaks that the enemy symbolizes to represent his kingdom of darkness. Because the spiritual world of evil cannot be seen with the eyes, does not mean it does not exits.  I testify to you today, it is real as you touch your skin and feel the touch. I have been in enough spiritual warfare to know to flee from the  things that is not pertaining or points to the purity of the gospel.   Many belittle the acts that take place on that event , but we are told of witches and the likes in the bible and I guess people thinks they do not exist anymore. To each his own on his quest for laughter on this dreadful event.  It does not portray anything of the gospel and therefore flee it.    

It is a matter of discernment that only comes with maturity in Christ.