Reading your Bible

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  65
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

I'm at a point in our (the Lord and I) relationship where I HAVE to.. I will spare you details of how often due to my not counting... He has changed my priorities to nothing.. I have one thing I MUST do.. that is to Glorify Him..in order for me to Glorify Him properly I had to learn to love him.. Now that's when it got tricky for lil ole me..I thought I knew what love was... I didn't...

There is Nothing in it's catagory.  He stands apart from all because He is the creator of all...can I ask a few questions to you..

Why do you ask how often we open the Bible to read..

I'm genuinely asking you.

God Bless you

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I need a time set aside specifically for the Lord that includes Bible reading twice a day. Sometimes, like when I am really tired or sick, the evening times are brief and sometimes when I am in a hurry (like when I didn't get up in time!) the mornings are brief. 

I do two types of Bible reading, one is to study, with different versions, concordance, etc., and sometimes I rely on an online Bible study. The other I do more often and that is to seek the Spirit. I pray for guidance before reading and the Holy Spirit teaches and quickens and reveals things in the Word that would otherwise slip past me. 

I have started going through the Bible starting at different points and that helps, too.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,183
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  1

I see it as when the heart cry’s out for God to answer the hearts call. For it is our personal relationship with Christ that needs and has to grow. Which can only be done according to the hearts desire after God. For our relationship with Christ is a real one and growing closer to Him is what life is all about. To leave self totally behind and make Christ as Paul said “for me to live is Christ”. Blessings as we grow into Him. 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

Edited by Not me
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

As the Holy Spirit guides me.., He makes me aware of His truth.. at the moment i no longer read scripture with hopes to memorize verses so I can SOUND like I follow the word in conversations, trying to impress myself through my effect on others..I read it cause I need to!..it's fuel...God bless 

• Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, Shadow with a shirt on said:

As the Holy Spirit guides me.., He makes me aware of His truth.. at the moment i no longer read scripture with hopes to memorize verses so I can SOUND like I follow the word in conversations, trying to impress myself through my effect on others..I read it cause I need to!..it's fuel...God bless 

If I may be so bold as to say; 

“You read scripture now so you might get to “know” the One that scripture talks about.” 

Blessing as you do! 

May He increase Himself in your innermost being. 

Edited by Not me

I can only tell what is true..it would be simple to agree with you... I can not speak as the ALL knowing and attempt to verbally explain HIS work in me..all I can say is there is a cause then an affect...my reading scripture started off as an affect.. leaning on my own understanding.., I was at ease with the idea that I was supposed to...so I did...not understanding it at all...It wasn't until I gave up on me., And pleaded with Christ...in ways I was not familiar with..I expressed my needing him in ways that were beyond me...the Holy Spirit revealed things my tiny mind would not produce.. I began a relationship with Christ...this is what lead to my picking up the Bible..It was the LORD!.. there is nothing I can do apart from him, not even comprehend what I read...There isn't one road of salvation..but there is only the One, Christ Jesus who can drive the vehicle of you there.. HOLY HOLY HOLY is His Name...Thank you Lord

• This is Worthy 1

21 minutes ago, Shadow with a shirt on said:

I can only tell what is true..it would be simple to agree with you... I can not speak as the ALL knowing and attempt to verbally explain HIS work in me..all I can say is there is a cause then an affect...my reading scripture started off as an affect.. leaning on my own understanding.., I was at ease with the idea that I was supposed to...so I did...not understanding it at all...It wasn't until I gave up on me., And pleaded with Christ...in ways I was not familiar with..I expressed my needing him in ways that were beyond me...the Holy Spirit revealed things my tiny mind would not produce.. I began a relationship with Christ...this is what lead to my picking up the Bible..It was the LORD!.. there is nothing I can do apart from him, not even comprehend what I read...There isn't one road of salvation..but there is only the One, Christ Jesus who can drive the vehicle of you there.. HOLY HOLY HOLY is His Name...Thank you Lord

Reading your writings put such a joy in my heart. Blessings as you continue to speak that which is true. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81

How much time we spend with Jesus and Gods word is a measure of love and devotion. I have 2 devotionals with scripture, I read them every day after praying. I am not trying to boast Im just saying. Just going to church on Sunday won't cut it. Again Just saying.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

On 10/21/2018 at 3:40 AM, Not me said:

I see it as when the heart cry’s out for God to answer the hearts call. For it is our personal relationship with Christ that needs and has to grow. Which can only be done according to the hearts desire after God. For our relationship with Christ is a real one and growing closer to Him is what life is all about. To leave self totally behind and make Christ as Paul said “for me to live is Christ”. Blessings as we grow into Him.  

I can't argue with that. My point was (poorly made) that I need a time to study and a time to simply let the Spirit lead.

As a human being, my emotions ebb and flow, so the discipline of coming to the Bible with both approaches helps keep me on an even keel.

I do not read the Bible out of any sense of duty or guilt (at least not any more) but I read it because it's good for me.