IGNORED

Why would God create people that never had a say so in if they wanted to be here?

Figure of eighty

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

3 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

Yes I can agree and I do beleive he  created us for  that desire..but then why create hell for people you not only know will reject you but didn't ask to come this way? It just bothers me.

The bible states hell was created for the fallen angels. But because of the fall of man, the lost people go there as well. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  513
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,194
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Still Alive said:

What I meant by "privileged" is that your mind even goes to that question. Do you have air conditioning? Do you get enough food? Do you have clothing and shoes? If so, you have more than most of the human race has. Most of us are very privileged and don't even realize it. It's just what we're used to. 

Try getting air dropped into Cuba or Haiti and see how it goes. Or maybe Cambodia in the early 70's. Or anywhere on the planet in 200 BC.

Life is a mist. And we live in a lost and fallen world. Joy depends on where your thoughts lie. You can always find reasons to be miserable. And always find reasons to be full of joy. Always.

You get to choose.

FWIW, when my wife's first husband died, leaving her with no insurance, no job, and three kids under the age of 8, she got in her car and yelled and screamed at God and slammed her fists into the dashboard. And from behind her, in an audible voice she heard the words, "Be at peace, child". And peace flowed over her like a warm bath. This was in the late 70's. 

Her three kids are now doing outstanding and one owns his own business and has become a multimillionaire. And she and I have been in a form of marital bliss for 20 years that neither of us ever imagined was possible. 

When going through hard times, God is teaching you. Always teaching you. And my wife and I embrace the phrase, "What doesn't kill us makes us stronger." They are not empty words when you are the Lord's. Rejoice in your afflictions. You are being purified.

There is love and light here. Thanks for the blessing!

Much love in Christ, Not me

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,562
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/24/2018 at 12:06 PM, Still Alive said:

What I meant by "privileged" is that your mind even goes to that question. Do you have air conditioning? Do you get enough food? Do you have clothing and shoes? If so, you have more than most of the human race has. Most of us are very privileged and don't even realize it. It's just what we're used to. 

Try getting air dropped into Cuba or Haiti and see how it goes. Or maybe Cambodia in the early 70's. Or anywhere on the planet in 200 BC.

Life is a mist. And we live in a lost and fallen world. Joy depends on where your thoughts lie. You can always find reasons to be miserable. And always find reasons to be full of joy. Always.

You get to choose.

FWIW, when my wife's first husband died, leaving her with no insurance, no job, and three kids under the age of 8, she got in her car and yelled and screamed at God and slammed her fists into the dashboard. And from behind her, in an audible voice she heard the words, "Be at peace, child". And peace flowed over her like a warm bath. This was in the late 70's. 

Her three kids are now doing outstanding and one owns his own business and has become a multimillionaire. And she and I have been in a form of marital bliss for 20 years that neither of us ever imagined was possible. 

When going through hard times, God is teaching you. Always teaching you. And my wife and I embrace the phrase, "What doesn't kill us makes us stronger." They are not empty words when you are the Lord's. Rejoice in your afflictions. You are being purified.

Your wife is very blessed. As for me...idk what God is teaching me this has been going on forever.

Edited by Figure of eighty

On 10/24/2018 at 2:06 PM, ayin jade said:

The bible states hell was created for the fallen angels. But because of the fall of man, the lost people go there as well. 

Still...why does it have to be a such a torturous place. Why couldn't it be just darkness?

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

55 minutes ago, Figure of eighty said:

Your wife is very blessed. As for me...idk what God is teaching me this has been going on forever.

It may go on until you die. But God will not give you more than you can handle. My take is that there is something he wants you to learn. He may have big plans for you.

2 hours ago, Still Alive said:

It may go on until you die. But God will not give you more than you can handle. My take is that there is something he wants you to learn. He may have big plans for you.

Eh. I hope it doesn't go on forever...at least life is short I guess.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

11 minutes ago, Figure of eighty said:

Eh. I hope it doesn't go on forever...at least life is short I guess.

I lived a life utterly trouble free until my early 30's, then disaster struck. I used to have no real character, but a funny thing happened when I had to deal with the fallout. It changed my life for the good.

Think of yourself like a brand new rubber band. At first, it is very stiff. If you stretch it too much it breaks. But if you stretch it a little, let it snap back, stretch it a little more, let it snap back, and continue doing this, next thing you know you are stretching it a LOT farther than you could have at first without breaking it. 

Each event like this is a "stretch". And yes, they do end, even though they don't feel like they will at the time. Even being in prison for 10 years comes to an end. (No, I was not in prison...)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  243
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,973
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

1 hour ago, Still Alive said:

I lived a life utterly trouble free until my early 30's, then disaster struck. I used to have no real character, but a funny thing happened when I had to deal with the fallout. It changed my life for the good.

Think of yourself like a brand new rubber band. At first, it is very stiff. If you stretch it too much it breaks. But if you stretch it a little, let it snap back, stretch it a little more, let it snap back, and continue doing this, next thing you know you are stretching it a LOT farther than you could have at first without breaking it. 

Each event like this is a "stretch". And yes, they do end, even though they don't feel like they will at the time. Even being in prison for 10 years comes to an end. (No, I was not in prison...)

I like the analogy, Still Alive. Some of the tasks that come my way in business can be very challenging, especially for the younger workers, so I remind them that it's a finite problem of limited duration. By dividing such tasks into smaller components we eventually reach our final goal. 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

On 10/23/2018 at 8:04 PM, Figure of eighty said:

No one asked to be born though...yet here everyone is.

You're making an assumption saying this and honestly I don't know if you're right. I want to try and answer many of your queries. Has it occurred to you that there's more going on than what God has told us about? I'm convinced that God has told us very little of all the things He's done and what He's involved with. It's easy to see why especially in years past. Telling mankind His secrets would have made the average unschooled believer lose his faith. But times have changed. Here in the USA most of us are HS graduates with more and more earning advanced degrees. Just bear in mind that compared to God we're still as dumb as a bug. We still can't understand God and why He does what He did. I've been praying about this for some 30 yrs I've been seeking to have at least peace about this from God. 30 yrs is a long time and I often felt I wanted an immediate answer but God doesn't function that way. Do I have all the answers I want, no I don't, I probably never will. But God did give me a fair amount of peace on this.

Figure of Eighty you have to realize there's a lot more about God and His heaven than we know. Jesus implied He knew us before we were born. That seems impossible and men who want to know it all will try to explain it. I no longer even listen to men with that attitude because surly they don't know what they're saying. 

God told us what we needed to know to find Him and to live a life worthy of eternal life. I say there's a 50/50 chance you chose to be born in the way you were. I hope you're looking for reasons to be at peace with God and not looking for reasons for why you can sin against God. If you're in the first group I can help you but if you're in the 2nd group I cannot. In fact I will tell you please don't fight against God you won't win. I should know. I was not always the man I am now.

I'm still looking for more answers myself. Nowadays I trust God will guide me to what I have a right to know. And He does. This may not make sense to us as men but I doubt God just throw us here without a very good reason. And in some way I'm not sure of we probably deserve the life we were born to live. Did this help at all?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  907
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,650
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 10/24/2018 at 6:11 AM, Figure of eighty said:

Yeah. That's His sovereignty. I don't like a few things God does or permits but I do acknowledge He is God.

And it matters not to God (what any of us think). {SMILE}

• This is Worthy 1