IGNORED

OSAS is the result of the finished work of the cross

Heb 13:8

On 12/5/2018 at 6:27 AM, Butero said:

It also states Abraham was justified by works.  

None are justified by works. You need to back up your statements with scripture. You cant and that is why you just comment with false rhetoric.

Abraham was justified by his faith. 

Romans 4 

Abraham Justified by Faith

What then shall we say that Abraham, our forefather according to the flesh, discovered in this matter? If, in fact, Abraham was justified by works, he had something to boast about—but not before God. What does Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.”[a]

Now to the one who works, wages are not credited as a gift but as an obligation.However, to the one who does not work but trusts God who justifies the ungodly, their faith is credited as righteousness. David says the same thing when he speaks of the blessedness of the one to whom God credits righteousness apart from works:

“Blessed are those
    whose transgressions are forgiven,
    whose sins are covered.
Blessed is the one
    whose sin the Lord will never count against them.”[b]

Is this blessedness only for the circumcised, or also for the uncircumcised? We have been saying that Abraham’s faith was credited to him as righteousness. 10 Under what circumstances was it credited? Was it after he was circumcised, or before? It was not after, but before! 11 And he received circumcision as a sign, a seal of the righteousness that he had by faith while he was still uncircumcised. So then, he is the father of all who believe but have not been circumcised, in order that righteousness might be credited to them. 12 And he is then also the father of the circumcised who not only are circumcised but who also follow in the footsteps of the faith that our father Abraham had before he was circumcised.

13 It was not through the law that Abraham and his offspring received the promise that he would be heir of the world, but through the righteousness that comes by faith. 14 For if those who depend on the law are heirs, faith means nothing and the promise is worthless,15 because the law brings wrath. And where there is no law there is no transgression.

16 Therefore, the promise comes by faith, so that it may be by grace and may be guaranteed to all Abraham’s offspring—not only to those who are of the law but also to those who have the faith of Abraham. He is the father of us all. 17 As it is written: “I have made you a father of many nations.”[c] He is our father in the sight of God, in whom he believed—the God who gives life to the dead and calls into being things that were not.

18 Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed and so became the father of many nations,just as it had been said to him, “So shall your offspring be.”[d] 19 Without weakening in his faith, he faced the fact that his body was as good as dead—since he was about a hundred years old—and that Sarah’s womb was also dead. 20 Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, 21 being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised. 22 This is why “it was credited to him as righteousness.” 23 The words “it was credited to him” were written not for him alone, 24 but also for us, to whom God will credit righteousness—for us who believe in him who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead. 25 He was delivered over to death for our sins and was raised to life for our justification.

On 12/5/2018 at 6:22 AM, Butero said:

Thanks for that reminder from Jesus.  His point is that you would be better off to cut off your hand or pluck out your eye if that was necessary to avoid hell.  That is how bad hell is.  No, the only unpardonable sin is not unbelief!  Jesus said it was speaking a word against the Holy Spirit.  You can't explain that away with spin.  I didn't take anything out of context.  That is what he said.  It contradicts OSAS, so you choose to believe that lie over the very words of Christ.  

The works satan performs in pentecostal circles is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. The attributing holy to evil is blasphemy. The extreme way the charasmatics beckon the Holy Spirit as if HE is going to show up according to their demands is blasphemy and sickening. 

But we also know that unbelief disqualifies one from entering into heaven. 

One could argue BOTH are Unbelief in the triune Lord in one way or another. I dont see you agreeing. You dont change your mind even when you are proved wrong. The Holy Spirit has to lead you there. Try HIM!  

Worship in Spirit and truth.

On 12/4/2018 at 10:27 PM, Heb 13:8 said:

Good post.

Tit 3:3-8 At one time we too were foolish, disobedient, deceived and enslaved by all kinds of passions and pleasures. We lived in malice and envy, being hated and hating one another. 4But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, 5he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, 6whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life. 8This is a trustworthy saying. And I want you to stress these things, so that those who have trusted in God may be careful to devote themselves to doing what is good. These things are excellent and profitable for everyone.

Since I originally responded to you I noticed that you have some  error in your beliefs. You believe in soul sleep which is unbiblical. 

2Co 5:8  We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

There are different denominations that believe as you do. Among them are JW AND SDA. Are you either of these?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

There is new version out there of an old fallacious religion.....LRFS........”Lucky Repentance For Salvation”.

• Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, 1sheep said:

Since I originally responded to you I noticed that you have some  error in your beliefs. You believe in soul sleep which is unbiblical. 

2Co 5:8  We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

There are different denominations that believe as you do. Among them are JW AND SDA. Are you either of these?

Hi 1sheep. No, those in Christ don't belong to denominations. We belong to Christ. All one needs to do is study Job, Solomon and Paul...

I believe that being naked in the grave is referring to death. Rapture and resurrection is when we are finally clothed with immortality. The truth is so easy, but the world love Satan's lies.

Job 1:21 and said: “Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart. The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away; may the name of the LORD be praised.”

Ecc 5:15 Everyone comes naked from their mother's womb, and as everyone comes, so they depart. They take nothing from their toil that they can carry in their hands.

2Co 5:3 because when we are clothed, we will not be found naked.

1 Cor 15:53-54 For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality. 54When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: “Death has been swallowed up in victory.”

2 Cor 5:4 For while we are in this tent, we groan and are burdened, because we do not wish to be unclothed but to be clothed instead with our heavenly dwelling, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life.

54 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

There is new version out there of an old fallacious religion.....LRFS........”Lucky Repentance For Salvation”.

They're list is growing...........   ?

• Praying! 1

• Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

1 minute ago, Heb 13:8 said:

They're list is growing...........   ?

I pray that is not true......there is no excuse for it these days.....years ago ,people may have been stuck with some jack- leg Legalists who preached within horse and buggy or driving distance. There are many,many preachers on the internet who don’t add to the Gospel and clearly show that Believers can be saved and KNOW it.If you don’t KNOW it you most likely do not HAVE it.Check out Ralph “ Yankee” Arnold if you want to hear the true Gospel of Grace.

3 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I pray that is not true......there is no excuse for it these days.....years ago ,people may have been stuck with some jack- leg Legalists who preached within horse and buggy or driving distance. There are many,many preachers on the internet who don’t add to the Gospel and clearly show that Believers can be saved and KNOW it.If you don’t KNOW it you most likely do not HAVE it.Check out Ralph “ Yankee” Arnold if you want to hear the true Gospel of Grace.

Yeah, I remember Yankee from years ago. He's good.

1. Lucky repentance
2. Only willful sin can make you lose salvation
3. They deny they preach works but they preach losing salvation
4. They accuse saints of the worst sins, but the devil is the accuser
5. It's finished at the cross but it's really not
6. If we're not faithful, he's not faithful.
7. Wut's next..............................................................................................