IGNORED

OSAS is the result of the finished work of the cross

Heb 13:8

1 hour ago, Butero said:

You did no such thing.  You made a false claim, I proved through scripture you were wrong, and you denied it.  

No. You didnt prove anything . I continually prove your false reasoning to be unbiblical. 

1 hour ago, Butero said:

If anyone needs to repent of preaching false doctrine, it is you.  There could potentially be a large number of people that wind up in hell for listening to your false security message.  

You have that backwards. It is the works to be saved gospel that is damnable. 

Faith alone in grace alone in Christ alone is the ONLY TRUE gospel.

REPENT BUTERO!!

1 hour ago, Butero said:

That is your opinion based on no understanding.  REPENT!  

Do you honestly think that this kind of post will win anyone?  It is a complete joke!  

REPENT BUTERO. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  1

57 minutes ago, Cletus said:

you are still not explaining that verse.  you are trying to misdirect to they were not sealed yet.  which is bologna. 

No, not balogna. The topic of the thread is whether you can lose salvation or not. Using OT saints for your defense is poor exegesis. We are no longer under the blood of goats and calves. I see you've been doing this since 2014?

what happened to Ananias and Sapphira in Acts?... the wages of sin is death. 

Well, many won't accept His free gift. So they have to work for it...........

Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Rom 8:38-39 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

what the passage you quote says is that no man shall pluck them...

from who's hands Cletus, from burt and earnie's hand?

what it dont talk about is that returning to sin is not and has nothing to do with any man plucking.

well, that's the thing. the accuser of the brethren says they return to sin, but scripture says differently...

1 Jhn 3:9 No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.

it is true no one can take away our salvation, but it says nothing about abandoning the faith... and its by grace thru faith.  if we abandon the faith how then can we access this grace?

if they abandon the faith they were never born again to begin with. for example, a born again believer can never go back to atheism or say that Jesus is not God anymore because the Holy Spirit never leaves them. They are sealed until redemption, Eph 1:13-14

now i have already asked you three times for an explanation on the one verse, and you have failed to give it.  was it you who said one verse at a time?  one verse is to hard?  this isnt dodgeball, its Gods written word. 

I have answered you, I guess the only difference is that I believe the Word of God. Jesus says everyone the Father gives me I will not turn away which is referring to everyone who comes to faith from then until now.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

3 hours ago, Heb 13:8 said:

in which Rom 11 is also using allegory language, strike two friend

That is what osas teachers would have you believe .  Everything that shows contrary to their teaching is dimissed as allegory .   I thought you knew that already .

• This is Worthy 1

25 minutes ago, Butero said:

You point them to an idol god called OSAS, that people worship instead of Christ.  

no, only the religiouz who are blind to His death/burial/resurrection believe it's an idol. to believers Christ is alive

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  5

3 hours ago, Butero said:

Loss of salvation is a real possibility.  They need to know that.

If that is true, The Apostle John is a liar. “ I write these things that you KNOW you have Eternal Life”.....Paul is a liar “ Anybody that asks to be saved WILL be saved” and Jesus is a liar  “Those that come to me will in NO WAY be cast out.” Simple verses, as opposed to verses taken out of context or not addressed to those in the Body of Christ that the NOSAS crowd uses.They take ONE misunderstood verse about “ Willfull” sin and build the entire Bible around it negating 400 Bible verses that are simple and so clear they leave no room for debate.Anybody who wants to put to rest the errant thinking of “ Willfull sins” needs to check out the video I sent out by Tozer.....” Willful Sins Got You Sweating?” There is no more reason to falsely misunderstand that verse.

2 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

That is what osas teachers would have you believe .  Everything that shows contrary to their teaching is dimissed as allegory .   I thought you knew that already .

Rom 11 and Jhn 15 are allegories. Please do your studies before you post

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Just now, Heb 13:8 said:

Rom 11 and Jhn 15 are allegories. Please do your studies before you post

Chief ,  I am out of this post  .  Things already getting ugly as usual .   Had I read those first , I would not even have posted anything .

I aint sticking around to watch folks devour one another .    

1 hour ago, Butero said:

Only people with no understanding believe in soul sleep and OSAS.  What is an idol is your false OSAS doctrine.  

Hey Butero, wut's the subtitle for Eze 13, just out of curiosity...

is it God's will that we work for our salvation or depend on him.....

Ezek 13

“ ‘Because they lead my people astray, saying, “Peace,” when there is no peace, and because, when a flimsy wall is built, they cover it with whitewash, 11therefore tell those who cover it with whitewash that it is going to fall. Rain will come in torrents, and I will send hailstones hurtling down, and violent winds will burst forth. 12When the wall collapses, will people not ask you, “Where is the whitewash you covered it with?” 13“ ‘Therefore this is what the Sovereign Lord says: In my wrath I will unleash a violent wind, and in my anger hailstones and torrents of rain will fall with destructive fury. 14I will tear down the wall you have covered with whitewash and will level it to the ground so that its foundation will be laid bare. When it b falls, you will be destroyed in it; and you will know that I am the Lord. 15So I will pour out my wrath against the wall and against those who covered it with whitewash. I will say to you, “The wall is gone and so are those who whitewashed it, 16those prophets of Israel who prophesied to Jerusalem and saw visions of peace for her when there was no peace, declares the Sovereign Lord.” ’

Matt 7

15Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. 16Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? 17Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. 18A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. 19Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. 20Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them. 21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. 24Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: 25And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. 26And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: 27And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

• Thumbs Up 1