• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,135
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, discipler777 said:

The topic of this thread is about OSAS or "Once Saved ALWAYS Saved", and not about Who does the saving/redeeming or how is one saved.? That's basic or elementary Christianity(eg JOHN.3:14-18 - "For God so loved the world that He .......")

Will a "Once Saved" Christian who go and sin some more or repeatedly sin the same sin willfully and unrepentantly, be still "Always Saved".? Or will he/she be "Not Always Saved" or "May Not Be Saved".?

If you are an OSASer, please provide Scripture as proofs, besides those already provided by "Blood Bought 1953" and other OSASers on this thread which have already been debunked by properly interpreted Scripture, eg JOHN.10:28-29 vs JOHN.17:11-12. .......

HEBREWS.6:1-8 (NKJV) The Peril of Not Progressing

6 Therefore, leaving the discussion of the elementary principles of Christ, let us go on to perfection, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God, 2 of the doctrine of baptisms, of laying on of hands, of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment. 3 And this we will do if God permits.

4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.

7 For the earth which drinks in the rain that often comes upon it, and bears herbs useful for those by whom it is cultivated, receives blessing from God; 8 but if it bears thorns and briers, it is rejected and near to being cursed, whose end is to be burned.t

To be redeemed is to be saved. Once we are bought, who will the Lord resell us to.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

16 minutes ago, Montana Marv said:
1 hour ago, discipler777 said:

The topic of this thread is about OSAS or "Once Saved ALWAYS Saved", and not about Who does the saving/redeeming or how is one saved.? That's basic or elementary Christianity(eg JOHN.3:14-18 - "For God so loved the world that He .......")

Will a "Once Saved" Christian who go and sin some more or repeatedly sin the same sin willfully and unrepentantly, be still "Always Saved".? Or will he/she be "Not Always Saved" or "May Not Be Saved".?

If you are an OSASer, please provide Scripture as proofs, besides those already provided by "Blood Bought 1953" and other OSASers on this thread which have already been debunked by properly interpreted Scripture, eg JOHN.10:28-29 vs JOHN.17:11-12. .......

HEBREWS.6:1-8 (NKJV) The Peril of Not Progressing

6 Therefore, leaving the discussion of the elementary principles of Christ, let us go on to perfection, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God, 2 of the doctrine of baptisms, of laying on of hands, of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment. 3 And this we will do if God permits.

4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.

7 For the earth which drinks in the rain that often comes upon it, and bears herbs useful for those by whom it is cultivated, receives blessing from God; 8 but if it bears thorns and briers, it is rejected and near to being cursed, whose end is to be burned.t

To be redeemed is to be saved. Once we are bought, who will the Lord resell us to.

In Christ

Montana Marv

HEBREWS.12:14-17 & 25-29 (NKJV) = 14 Pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord: 15 looking carefully lest anyone fall short of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up cause trouble, and by this many become defiled; 16 lest there be any fornicator or profane person like Esau, who for one morsel of food sold his birthright. 17 For you know that afterward, when he wanted to inherit the blessing, he was rejected, for he found no place for repentance, though he sought it diligently with tears. ...

Hear the Heavenly Voice

25 See that you do not refuse Him who speaks. For if they did not escape who refused Him who spoke on earth, much more shall we not escape if we turn away from Him who speaks from heaven, 26 whose voice then shook the earth; but now He has promised, saying, “Yet once more I shake not only the earth, but also heaven.” 27 Now this, “Yet once more,” indicates the removal of those things that are being shaken, as of things that are made, that the things which cannot be shaken may remain.

28 Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us have grace, by which we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear. 29 For our God is a consuming fire.

Edited by discipler777

8 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Chief among the multiple things that the Judaizing/Legalistic / NOSAS do not understand is this.....we who do not worry about our performance wind up having a better one than THEY do.....They think we are all out ravaging and plundering to our heart’s delight,  because we can “ get away with it”. It’s a kindergarten view of Christianity that just can’t imagine somebody might be granted total freedom and not take advantage of it. It’s kinda like a bird that has been locked up in a cage and is turned loose and once it has experienced cats, mean kids with B.B. GUNS etc, it decides the cage had been for his own good all along and sees the owner of the bird cage restricted him because of love for him.OSAS Believers all have one thing in common— they had a heart operation that changed their wants.I do what I want to do every second of every day—- I want to obey the One who created me and knows what is best for me and gave his life that I may rest in the freedom He payed the price for.If you have not had the heart transplant, stay away from OSAS.Here are the five stages of the heart transplant—Legalists should read and weep————- 

The first stage is the awareness of the horror of being eternally lost.

The second stage is the attempt to stop sinning to remove guilt.  The person tries to save himself any way he can, and comes to the futile realization that he cannot save himself.

The third stage is the realization that the seeker cannot save himself that only God can save him from his sin.

The fourth stage is the conviction that God is just in His judgment.  God is just in his condemnation of sin and the penalty of his sin.  The seeker comes to the place where he realizes that God does not have to save him and finds himself utterly at the mercy of God.

The fifth stage when the seeker becomes to have an affection for God and the Holy Spirit pours out upon the seeker the gift of salvation and fills his heart with the joy of knowing the seeker is truly saved.  Saving faith will fill a person so deeply that His and life are forever changed.  The new believer is so filled with love, that the believer can't wait to be in the arms of His savior.  And its this love that permeates his being and has a love that passes human understanding, even love that has the ability to love his enemies.

Do you have proof to back up your comment that, "we who do not worry about our performance wind up having a better one than THEY do?"  Feel free to show that proof in the post where you list the 400 verses that prove OSAS is correct.  I recall you one mentioned there were something like 600 commandments in the law of Moses, and once it seems I recall you mentioning there being a couple of thousand commandments.  Either way, feel free to post them too.  

11 hours ago, discipler777 said:

The Parable of the Lost Son or Prodigal Son at LUKE.15:11-32 is actually about the relationship between God the Father and the Law-breaking Gentiles(= Prodigal Son) versus the Law-keeping Jews(= Loyal Son).

Formerly Law-breaking or prodigal Gentiles who came back to God as new Gentile Christians were like the Prodigal Son being welcomed back by his rich father. The other jealous but Loyal Son was symbolic of the Law-keeping Jews who remained with God the Father and became new Jewish Christians.

The Parable of the Wedding Feast at MATTHEW.22:1 also has the same symbolism about Jews vs Gentiles.

So, the Parable of the Lost Son is not related to OSAS or NOSAS.

I do not doubt that some interpret it that way, but I do not.  Your interpretation makes no sense because the gentiles were not sons of the Father at the start.  They were not believers, thus they were not children of the Father.

1 hour ago, Montana Marv said:

In Christ

Montana Marv

If you purchase something, you can do what you will with it, including casting it away.  Your possession doesn't have to be re-sold.  

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

5 minutes ago, Cletus said:

God said this to me once before, and your post made me remember:

1Ch 28:9  And thou, Solomon my son, know thou the God of thy father, and serve him with a perfect heart and with a willing mind: for the LORD searcheth all hearts, and understandeth all the imaginations of the thoughts: if thou seek him, he will be found of thee; but if thou forsake him, he will cast thee off for ever.
1Ch 28:10  Take heed now; for the LORD hath chosen thee to build an house for the sanctuary: be strong, and do it.

SURE LINES UP WITH WHAT JESUS SAID .   IF a man continues not In ME , he is cast out .    

• Loved it! 1

7 minutes ago, Cletus said:

1Ch 28:9  And thou, Solomon my son, know thou the God of thy father, and serve him with a perfect heart and with a willing mind: for the LORD searcheth all hearts, and understandeth all the imaginations of the thoughts: if thou seek him, he will be found of thee; but if thou forsake him, he will cast thee off for ever.
1Ch 28:10  Take heed now; for the LORD hath chosen thee to build an house for the sanctuary: be strong, and do it.

IF a man continues not in me , HE is cast out .

8 minutes ago, Cletus said:

IF a man continues not in ME he is cast out .     

9 minutes ago, Cletus said:

IF a man continues not in ME he is cast out .

And behold the goodness of GOD towards thee,   IF you CONTINUE in His goodness, otherwise you will be cast OUT .

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Cletus said:

the purpose of "allegories" or parables is to make it easy to understand the Truth, which you are ignoring because you do not want to hear what the bible says about the responsibility we have in LIVING for Christ.  and thats a big problem in churches today.  they just want to add souls to the kingdom, but very little is heard about christian living or making disciples.  a two year old can eat meat, and at some point you have to grow up.  ignoring things like warnings is a sign of immaturity. children do this often.  example... its hot dont touch that. 

what i just said is an allegory... its easy to understand.

Right, parables and allegories describe our daily walk of sanctification in Christ. Believers don't lose salvation, they are sanctified, disciplined, anointed and receive godly sorrow. If you're not sure you have eternal life now, then the time is now to accept Christ. Time is short, these are the end times.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Oy Vey! 1