• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, Cletus said:

He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit.  sounds like to me a branch thats in Him, or In Christ, which would be someone who has been born again...  that does not produce fruit is cut off.  seems to me that pretty well refutes osas.  someone in Christ is cut off.  in another verse it even further explains if you do not abide in Jesus, you do not bear fruit.  so it links back to the whole abiding thing. 

Life is a paradoxical dichotomy wrapped in an enigma. 

Well I don't know of any born again believers working for their salvation, do you?

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  5

4 minutes ago, Heb 13:8 said:

Well I don't know of any born again believers working for their salvation, do you?

These types are quick to judge,they know the letter of the Law, but not the Spirit.Its Simple.They do not understand the “ born again” experience.They have no idea what Edwards was talking about. They sure as heck have not lived it out.Do they know God? It is clear they have not met Him.Sounds like the stage is being set for them  to hear “ I never knew you”.I sincerely hope I am wrong.

Just now, Blood Bought 1953 said:

These types are quick to judge,they know the letter of the Law, but not the Spirit.Its Simple.They do not understand the “ born again” experience.They have no idea what Edwards was talking about. They sure as heck have not lived it out.Do they know God? It is clear they have not met Him.Sounds like the stage is being set for them  to hear “ I never knew you”.I sincerely hope I am wrong.

Yupper, unfortunately most succumb to suicide or disease. Nobody's looking for God when things are good.

4 hours ago, Montana Marv said:

To claim salvation and to partake of all the benefits of it does not mean they were saved.

Gal 4:6,7 - Because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, the Spirit who calls out Abba Father, So you are no longer a slave, but a son, God has made you also an heir.  God knows the heart of man; to claim salvation and to obtain salvation are two different things. 

Judas Iscariot was one of the twelve and followed Jesus throughout His Ministry.  He also partook in the benefits of the 12.  He saw healing, the rising of the dead and other miracles, yet he was of the Devil.  The same with some today proclaiming to be Christians.  They Walk the Walk and Talk the Talk, Yet Christ never knew them.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Judas resides in Hell today for the same reason everybody else does.....unbelief.

The sin issue was put to rest 2000 years ago.....remember that thing called the Cross?  It allowed us to enter the Age of Grace.....not the Age of Lucky Repentance

you need to have a “ heart operation” to understand it and to partake in it and to rest on it.....That “ heart operation” the steps to having a contrite heart are revealed in the thread “ fear and trembling IS repentance”

2 hours ago, Cletus said:

i cant think of any.  and if i did i would tell them you cant earn salvation. 

edit:  the gift of God is eternal life... but what you need to understand is we are free will beings and God does not violate our free will.  He allows us to choose Him or our sin.  I am telling you this, and my testimony is i was apprehended.  God came to me and put His spirit in me.  I never called on Him until nearly three years later.  we can choose to abandon our calling, we can choose to abandon our faith, we can choose to turn away from God and back to sin.  this is why OSAS is not true.  God lets us choose.  if He didnt let us choose just because we are born again we would cease to be free will beings and our Love for God would not be genuine.  God wants us to be genuine to Him.  He dont want fake.  its a choice to return to our sin, and in doing so we abandon the faith... the faith that Jesus died to pay for our sin.  thats apart of the gospel.  Jesus died while we were yet sinners.  we are called out fo this world unto His light.  we are called to be Holy... as He is holy.  if we do not pursue this we fail to be chosen.  many are called but few are chosen.  sin seperates us from God.  all the way back to the garden man had a choice... life or death... tree of life or tree of knowledge.  the very fact we are free will beings disproves osas. 

Well, if God was a rapist He would be a sinner, but God is love and He loves us all the way to redemption, Eph 1:13-14.

Rom 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
Rom 4:6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,
Rom 4:7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered. 
Rom 4:8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

"And no, it is not a free license to sin as so many religious people put it, it is the freedom to have a life knowing you no longer have to worry about the consequences or proving your worth to God.

Besides as Pia once put it, we never had an excuse before why do we need one now, and the silliest thing of all, as a non believer no one worries about sin, than when they become christians, and shouldnt be worried, they spend most of there time in condemnation, unbelief and worrying"... - mjrhealth.. christianityboard(dot)com

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, maryjayne said:

Esau despised his birthright, he was not a repentant sinner looking for forgiveness and seeking salvation. That is why he is used in Hebrews to illustrate that point that ones motive and heart are important.

Plus, the story of Esau selling his birthright is not a metaphor for us being able to sell our salvation to some unspecified person or thing. It is the telling of an actual event. It does not indicate that our salvation can be sold. It is not about us.

We are not slaves/servants of God, to be bought and sold, we are his children.

1CORINTHIANS.6:18-20 (NKJV) = 18 Flee sexual immorality. Every sin that a man does is outside the body, but he who commits sexual immorality sins against his own body. 19 Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? 20 For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.

1CORINTHIANS.3: = 16 Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? 17 If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. For the temple of God is holy, which temple you are.

7 hours ago, Heb 13:8 said:
7 hours ago, Michael37 said:

Heb 10:29
(29)  Of how much sorer punishment, suppose you, shall he be thought worthy, who has trodden under foot the Son of God, and has counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and has done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

I know of people who have done this. They once claimed salvation in Christ and partook of all the benefits of it here, but turned back as it were and forsook Christ, refusing to believe what they once believed, recanting what they once preached, and refusing to hear the Word of God they once heard and by which faith once came to them. In each case God knew this would happen, so didn't sign off on their salvation as it were.  

Are we friends and enemies of God?

He who misquotes and rejects the Word of God is an enemy of God. .......

13 hours ago, Heb 13:8 said:
  13 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

I imagine their will be many strikes ,   MANY ALLEGORIES if ya know what I mean .    For when scriptures oppose what men do teach ,   WELL they SURELY must be ALLEGORIES .

GO and learn what this means .  

Jhn 14:16-18 And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Advocate to be with you forever— 17the Spirit of truth. The world cannot receive Him, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him. But you do know Him, for He abides with you and will be in you. 18I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.

JOHN.14:15-24 (NKJV) Jesus Promises Another Helper

15 “If you love Me, keep My commandments. 16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.

Indwelling of the Father and the Son

19 “A little while longer and the world will see Me no more, but you will see Me.Because I live, you will live also. 20 At that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you. 21 He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.”

22 Judas (not Iscariot) said to Him, “Lord, how is it that You will manifest Yourself to us, and not to the world?”

23 Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.24 He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father’s who sent Me.

As I said earlier, according to MATTHEW.4:1-11, Satan doesn't just quote Scripture - he misquotes, falsely interprets and interprets out of context the Scripture and when these dirty tactics fail, he then makes tempting offers to secure allegiance and worship. 1JOHN.3:8 says that those who sin or do evil or break the commandments of God are of the devil = their take on the Scripture is the same as Satan's, as demonstrated by "Heb 13:8" above, ie he misquotes Scripture to support OSAS.

13 hours ago, Heb 13:8 said:
  22 hours ago, Cletus said:

Why are you using allegories to discredit the blood of Christ?... I am not.  i am showing you with scripture we can fall away or walk away from God.  why do you discredit Gods words by calling it an allegory?  does Jesus words not say exactly what i am saying?  it does.  even in the greek it does.  why do you ignore His words?  because you want something to be true so bad you will put blinders on to what Jesus actually did say? 

Rom 11 and Jhn 15 are allegories Cletus.

Jhn 14:16-18 And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Advocate to be with you forever— 17the Spirit of truth. The world cannot receive Him, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him. But you do know Him, for He abides with you and will be in you. 18I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.

Using Parables and allegories to discredit His blood or say it's not finished because He's talking in parables is false.

The Purpose of Jesus' Parables
(Mark 4:10-12; Luke 8:9,10)

10Then the disciples came to Jesus and asked, “Why do You speak to the people in parables?”

11He replied, “The knowledge of the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them.12Whoever has will be given more, and he will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him. 13This is why I speak to them in parables:

The point is that you have rejected anti-OSAS Scripture at ROMANS.11 and JOHN.15 as allegories or parables. If that is the case, you should reject all the parables and allegories in the Bible/Scripture. In effect, you and other OSASers are pickers and choosers of Scripture.

Didn't Jesus Christ explained the Parable of the Sower and the Parable of the Tares to His apostles.? Those who are spiritual will understand His parables, allegories and symbolism. .......

ROMANS.11:19-24 (NKJV) Israel’s Rejection Not Final

19 You will say then, “Branches were broken off that I might be grafted in.” 20 Well said. Because of unbelief they were broken off, and you stand by faith. Do not be haughty, but fear. 21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, He may not spare you either. 22 Therefore consider the goodness and severity of God: on those who fell, severity; but toward you, goodness, if you continue in His goodness. Otherwise you also will be cut off. 23 And they also, if they do not continue in unbelief, will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again. 24 For if you were cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and were grafted contrary to nature into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these, who are natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree?

JOHN.15:1-8 The True Vine

15 “I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. 2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit. 3 You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. 4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.

5 “I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. 6 If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. 7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you,you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. 8 By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.

MATTHEW.7:15-20 = You Will Know Them by Their Fruits

15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

GALATIANS.5:19-26 19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. 24 And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.

6 hours ago, Montana Marv said:
7 hours ago, Michael37 said:

Heb 10:29
(29)  Of how much sorer punishment, suppose you, shall he be thought worthy, who has trodden under foot the Son of God, and has counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and has done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

I know of people who have done this. They once claimed salvation in Christ and partook of all the benefits of it here, but turned back as it were and forsook Christ, refusing to believe what they once believed, recanting what they once preached, and are now stubbornly refusing to hear the Word of God they once heard by which faith once came to them. In each case God knew this would happen, so didn't sign off on their salvation as it were.  

To claim salvation and to partake of all the benefits of it does not mean they were saved.

Maybe, you are the pot calling the kettle black, wrt "To claim salvation and to partake of all the benefits of it does not mean they were saved."

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  238
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,778
  • Content Per Day:  3.24
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

7 hours ago, Montana Marv said:

Know them by their fruit. 

Heb 3:12-14
(12)  Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.
(13)  But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
(14)  For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

• Thumbs Up 1