• Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,781
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

5 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

It is intellectually bankrupt to attempt to excuse current administrative deficiencies by pointing out something that happened during a previous administration.

We covered a story on Worthy News from a Hispanic Pastor who described the misinformation happening at the border.  Right now, the mainstream media has completely lost its objectivity and has simply become a propaganda arm instead of being a seeker of truth.   One of the readers of Worthy sent me the YouTube link ... so we felt it was something to cover.   I believe the broken narrative will continue ... since both parties have failed in coming together to put together a bill!

https://www.worthynews.com/42083-the-truth-will-set-you-free-pastor-refutes-ocasio-cortez-portrayal-of-border-conditions

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.10
  • Days Won:  4

15 minutes ago, George said:

Undoubtedly, AOC and others have exaggerated the conditions at the border. However, you cannot simply ignore the fact that a federal appeals court ruled that detainees (including children) were required to be provided with "edible food, clean water, and basic hygiene items such as soap and toothbrushes". Why would you suggest that a federal court ruling was necessary if the detainees were being adequately cared for?

I guarantee that the federal appeals court had much greater access to actual facts than we will see on CNN or Fox (or YouTube).

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,781
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

... I agree to a point ... but the reality is that nothing can be done with this DO NOTHING Congress.  It's been hamstrung and it's not in their "best" interest to solve any problems.  So the reality is ... this is a broken system ... and just shows how much this world really needs Jesus!  :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

The first election in which I voted was 1972. I've said, until recently, that people often (if not usually) don't vote "for" a candidate, but vote against one. It's what I did in 2016. I held my nose and cast my vote "for" Trump, but it was really a vote against Hillary. 

However, I also tell people the only time I ever truly voted "for" a candidate was for Reagan in 1980. But notice I don't include 1984. For trump it is reversed. I voted against Hillary in 2016, but I'll be voting FOR trump in 2020. When you see what he has actually DONE, I see him as the best president in my lifetime. And when I see the response to his presidency by the left, I honestly believe his election was due to divine intervention. He seems to be our Cyrus.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ezra+1%3A1-10%3A14&version=NIRV

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.10
  • Days Won:  4

10 minutes ago, George said:

... I agree to a point ... but the reality is that nothing can be done with this DO NOTHING Congress.

I agree that the current Congress is a huge problem. However, implementation of immigration policy is the realm of USCIS and the implementation is currently being performed poorly. As I said earlier, there is one man who has the power to pressure USCIS in a better direction and he has done nothing positive and arguably, has had a negative impact. This is one of the many reasons I am hoping for the rise of a more suitable conservative candidate for the 2020 election. I'm afraid I will be disappointed.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,170
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

13 hours ago, PinkBelt said:

I'm not the one who needs to take civics. The supreme court cannot reverse a prior decision unless one can demonstrate said decision was made in error, otherwise new law has to be introduced. The court at all levels must follow precedent and are bound by those decisions. I explain it in more detail in another post.

They will overturn roe v wade and turn the question back to the states where it belongs

• Group:  Catholic
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  591
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, Still Alive said:

. For trump it is reversed. I voted against Hillary in 2016, but I'll be voting FOR trump in 2020. When you see what he has actually DONE, I see him as the best president in my lifetime. And when I see the response to his presidency by the left, I honestly believe his election was due to divine intervention.

I totally agree. He seems to be a dream come true, a dream I never thought COULD come true.. I gave up hope of it coming true when Obama won not just once but twice.. I thought OMG! Our country is GONE!

And so I totally agree that Trump is divine intervention.

• This is Worthy 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2019 at 9:44 AM, one.opinion said:

I agree that the current Congress is a huge problem. However, implementation of immigration policy is the realm of USCIS and the implementation is currently being performed poorly. As I said earlier, there is one man who has the power to pressure USCIS in a better direction and he has done nothing positive and arguably, has had a negative impact. This is one of the many reasons I am hoping for the rise of a more suitable conservative candidate for the 2020 election. I'm afraid I will be disappointed.

USCIS is almost completely funded by fees (99% in 2008).  Only 1% comes from the House of Representatives.  They will not and have not funded a wall forcing President Trump to do an end run around the system.  Illegal aliens pay no fees.  I'd like to know who is paying for their smart phones?

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

On 2/19/2019 at 1:41 PM, Debp said:

I will vote for President Trump again.   I think he is doing a good job, he has eased up on the tweets :angel:.   He has helped the economy, is pro-life, is appointing conservative Supreme Court Judges and more.    Under Obama we didn't get any Social Security increase for four years which really hurt.....under Trump we got our increase, the biggest amount my mom and I ever received which helped neutralize our annual rent increase.

The liberals are really planning to get President Trump out of office.   There are often noisy protests against him here.   I have a cousin in NJ who is going to vote against him.

One of my other cousins and his wife are voting Trump again.  They live in the Panhandle of Florida and say it's Trump country.   I also know some pro-life people who will vote Trump again.   So how about you?   Will you vote for him?   Also, what about your area of the country?

So far I am not voting for any of them. 

• Group:  Catholic
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  591
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  0

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 10:54 AM, dr3032 said:

If I do bother tossing a vote in this year, I think i'll go Trump. Maybe a candidate might turn up who catches my interest more, who knows.

However, I will say that the drama surrounding the presidency is quite tiresome. People either seem to bend over backwards in support, or they screech like babies in defiance, and in my opinion, both sides are a bit annoying and not that helpful. At the end of the day, people have it in mind to do what is best, and that in and of itself is nowhere near a bad thing. However, when you add far too much passion to the mix, that is what causes such conflict and disagreement we see about us this day.

If he does maintain his seat, I would only pray that the fires dwindle. If someone else gets in, I pray it's not some communist scum. Far too many pinkos in this country anymore.

well, in my opinion all the D candidates are virtual communists. I also think they all should take an IQ test because you just wonder.. how they can advocate some of the things they do, but in any case, I disagree about the passion thing you brought up

If people are not passionate about protecting children in the womb.. um.. maybe it's time to check one's priorities. Passion is not always a bad thing.. It is bad when people are blinded by partisan rhetoric that they spout off automatically without listening to the other side. The lawlessness and horror of abortion HAS no other side.

Society either accepts murdering some people or it does not

so which side are you on? (voters)