Figure of eighty

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,562
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  0

She'll either ask me to get a loan for her to get a house ...or pay her cell phone ...recently get a credit card to help her score. 

I keep saying no...but it's so annoying... My mom works but my dad is a deadbeat. And I feel I shouldn't have to pay for his laziness.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  777
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,955
  • Content Per Day:  3.05
  • Days Won:  1

What you do is actually Bearing the cross of Jesus, is that too much to ask or is that a good chance to glorify God ?

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,562
  • Content Per Day:  0.76

5 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

What you do is actually Bearing the cross of Jesus, is that too much to ask or is that a good chance to glorify God ?

It is when it messes up my credit and keeps me from getting myself together as an adult while she simultaneously complains about taking care of grown people...yet I can't care for myself because I'm putting everything into her 

It's a catch 22.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,213
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

7 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

She'll either ask me to get a loan for her to get a house ...or pay her cell phone ...recently get a credit card to help her score. 

I keep saying no...but it's so annoying... My mom works but my dad is a deadbeat. And I feel I shouldn't have to pay for his laziness.

Lets see she took care of you for how many years, fed you clothed you loved you dug that ugly stuff off your back side, worried about you hum how much was that worth?

• Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, PepperS said:

As a parent, it was my job to teach my children what they needed to know to live full lives and care for themselves. I didn't have children so they could be a source of income for me. 

It is not a child's responsibility to ruin their lives to take care of people who won't take care of themselves, especially if one parent is a deadbeat. 

I have seen first hand the damage this does.

Never said you need to be a bank for them but never will I write my parents off if they need help they never wrote me off and I was quite the hand full. 

• This is Worthy 1
  • Brilliant! 1

1 minute ago, PepperS said:

God blessed you with good parents.

I'll say this they never went to church, they divorced after 39 years of marriage, fought there whole marriage, lost everything they worked for as far as financially, Mom passed last oct miss her much, Dad married 2 more times that makes 4 times total never lost my relationship with both and forgave them wrote love letters to both and still love them to this day. Mom got saved, Dad got saved both sisters too why because I forgave and loved them. What's your response to this they need my help im their for them. 

• Praise God! 2

39 minutes ago, PepperS said:

Does your dad expect you to support him?  That  is what this thread is about.

I was telling the Figure of eighty my opinion based on my experience. You are welcome to your opinion as well. Everything does not need to be an argument.

No argument but if he needs me I'm there needs money I'm there needs anything I'm there I am not his bank but he is 90 so whatever it takes.

• Praise God! 3

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, backontrack said:

No argument but if he needs me I'm there needs money I'm there needs anything I'm there I am not his bank but he is 90 so whatever it takes.

A Righteous Life !  Yes,   in line with all Scripture .

Families have been breaking up , and are being broken on purpose, by the government, medicaos, financials,  religiousicos,  schools,  churches,  and all society ........  it is time for anyone who seeks Yahweh to resist the devil,  and the devil will flee !

Jesus says clearly to the disciples in the NT, and to us -   "I (Jesus) KNOW you don't know how to live - come to ME , and I will teach and show you how to live;   "  and "I am meek and lowly" .... gentle, perfect wisdom, perfect knowledge,  to nurture and comfort the suffering souls....  

Jesus says "I came to seek and to save what was lost...."  (whoever will/  is willing) .....

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  514
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,196
  • Content Per Day:  1.43

10 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

My thoughts would be;

Knowing that you are not your brother’s meal ticket. But you are there to help him to do right. If he refuses to do right you allow him to reap the consequences of his actions. So He might learn for himself and cry out to God. For life consists not in the amount of things you possess but in the amount of Christ you possess 

Blessings, 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  777
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,955
  • Content Per Day:  3.05

7 hours ago, PepperS said:

My brother fell for it. Now, he is almost 50, still living with my mother, and is totally controlled by her. He has no life other than meeting her needs.

God Will reward ur brother in this ungrateful world, if u don't help parents how could u love others.

• Thumbs Up 1