• Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/20/1980

Hi Tzephanyahu,

great analysis here:

22 hours ago, Tzephanyahu said:

I'd rather that, than for them to see us bicker at each other with scriptures and with an aggressive 'love', saying "no, you're wrong! no, you're in error! Pray the Lord leads you to the truth!".  Yuck...  I can imagine how that would look to a non-believer.

Sometimes, a simple "repent!" is added.?

22 hours ago, Tzephanyahu said:

but that's how non-believers can act around Christians when they are poking around for truth, hoping for an answer.

But when it comes to debating science, for instance, non-believers are not unintelligent. As Jesus announced (Luke 16:8 KJV):

And the lord commended the unjust steward, because he had done wisely: for the children of this world are in their generation wiser than the children of light.

Non-believers inform their Christian counterparts about the facts more often than vice versa, if I get it right.?

Regards,

Thomas

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

On 3/13/2019 at 5:41 AM, thomas t said:

Hi everyone,

a fellow poster pondered about this question here

I also would say, God isn't in need of us.

However, when they attack him they attack us, I fear.

My mother used to say, Paul's writings were guilty of anti-women bias. But she took it to the personal level against Paul saying "Paul is _____". Christians think that Paul was inspired by God when he wrote part of the Bible, so it seems it is an attack on God.

When I started a new life in 2002 asking Jesus to be my savior, my mother also attacked me calling me mentally ill.

The Bible says Matthew 10:25 It is enough for the disciple to be like his teacher, and the servant like his master. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebul, how much more will they malign those of his household.

I want to have God as my teacher, so my mother attacking me is just what God's word predicted, I think.

So when they attack God, I think, we should speak up. This would be just natural when we feel that he is our father, in my opinion.

Regards,

Thomas

---

Edit:

I should add that my mother added all sorts of other attacks, too, and the other family members, my father and my sister, joined her in doing so... and this made me mentally ill. So ironically, when my mother declared me ill it was like a self-fulfilling prophecy ?. As I remembered how my childhood devellopped my illness got worse and stayed for long years.

So I conclude: God might not be vulnerable, we are.

Well, Jesus said:

Luke 10:16 “Whoever listens to you listens to me; whoever rejects you rejects me; but whoever rejects me rejects him who sent me.”

So, you're right that when they attack us because of our faith in God, they are really attacking God.  But, I think this is a badge of honor that we should wear humbly because Scripture also says:

Acts 5:41 The apostles left the Sanhedrin, rejoicing because they had been counted worthy of suffering disgrace for the Name.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  289
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Defending the gospel is a way of fighting the wolves. Taking care of His sheep is a command from Jesus Christ. 

Introducing false doctrines is the way how Satan tries to lead God's sheep astray.

Edited by Hawkins

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Birthday:  04/20/1980

Hi De Maria,

great post, all you wrote is true. Just a few comments.

On 3/19/2019 at 5:27 AM, De Maria said:

when they attack us because of our faith in God, they are really attacking God.

I agree.

When someone calls a child mentally ill, then this goes against the father, too.

On 3/19/2019 at 5:27 AM, De Maria said:

Acts 5:41 The apostles left the Sanhedrin, rejoicing because they had been counted worthy of suffering disgrace for the Name.

In my case the conflict had still another connotation, as both my mother and I claim to be Christians. Paul says:

But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of brother if he is guilty of sexual immorality or greed, or is an idolater, reviler, drunkard, or swindler—not even to eat with such a one. 1. Cor 5:11
My mother committed slander talk and also called me other sorts of names. I don't want to take it to the personal level calling her a reviler in return. Maybe she still is a wonderful lady just having made mistakes at that occasion. But I thought it's best to end contact with her back then and be on the safe side. Unfortunately, she has spread her opinion about me being ostensibly insane towards third parties also. She neither apologized nor distanced herself from what was being said.

Regards,
Thomas

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Good evening all!

“Does God need defending?” I guess in a way we should defend the deity of our heavenly Father. God is more powerful than anything and anyone. 2 Chronicles states: Then Jehoshaphat stood in the assembly of Judah and Jerusalem, in the house of the Lord, before the new court, and said: “O Lord God of our fathers, are You not God in heaven, and do You not rule over all the kingdoms of the nations, and in Your hand is there not power and might, so that no one is able to withstand You? So, I don’t think God himself needs defending since all of our defense comes from him.

But in 1 Peter 3:15, Peter says this: “…Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, 16 keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander.

In addition, Paul speaks about “defending the Gospel” in Philippians 6:16.

Christians are called to defend their faith/hope and the reasons why they believe what they believe. We can only do this soundly by knowing what we think and understanding what we feel in our hearts and comparing those thoughts and feelings to scripture. This is why I implore all believers to stay in the scriptures…study them and meditate on them at all times. Pray for patience, wisdom and discernment. This way, whenever we are approached or bombarded with questions – or attacks, we will also be able to defend our faith, our hope and the Gospel of Jesus Christ with absolute truth, clarity and compassion - no matter how they are presented to us. No, we shouldn’t quarrel or fight – but we should be able to make a strong representation of our case.

Whenever I am in a biblical discussion with someone (including other Christians), I limit my personal opinions by concentrating more on speaking from the scriptures. I always let the Word of God speak for itself.

Peace and blessings.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 6:41 AM, thomas t said:

Hi everyone,

a fellow poster pondered about this question here

I also would say, God isn't in need of us.

However, when they attack him they attack us, I fear.

My mother used to say, Paul's writings were guilty of anti-women bias. But she took it to the personal level against Paul saying "Paul is _____". Christians think that Paul was inspired by God when he wrote part of the Bible, so it seems it is an attack on God.

When I started a new life in 2002 asking Jesus to be my savior, my mother also attacked me calling me mentally ill.

The Bible says Matthew 10:25 It is enough for the disciple to be like his teacher, and the servant like his master. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebul, how much more will they malign those of his household.

I want to have God as my teacher, so my mother attacking me is just what God's word predicted, I think.

So when they attack God, I think, we should speak up. This would be just natural when we feel that he is our father, in my opinion.

Regards,

Thomas

---

Edit:

I should add that my mother added all sorts of other attacks, too, and the other family members, my father and my sister, joined her in doing so... and this made me mentally ill. So ironically, when my mother declared me ill it was like a self-fulfilling prophecy ?. As I remembered how my childhood devellopped my illness got worse and stayed for long years.

So I conclude: God might not be vulnerable, we are.

Jesus said he did not come to bring peace but a sword and ones enemies will be of his own household. Matt 10:36

Even when your own family turns  against you we must weigh the cost. There is only one savior of all. that may cost your life just as Christ gave His life for us.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

God is not dependent on anything or anyone. God does not need us but amazingly He loves us more than we can comprehend. He wants us to live with Him forever. 

8 hours ago, missmuffet said:

God is not dependent on anything or anyone. God does not need us but amazingly He loves us more than we can comprehend. He wants us to live with Him forever. 

Are you sure about that? ?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

6 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

Are you sure about that? ?

Yes

2 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Yes

I'm with you. Gods love is beyond our own understanding I was just being  cute.

Be blessed