• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  0

15 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

Not to throw a stick into the spokes, but this has me totally confused. Could someone explain where this is and/or comes from? I could always stand a chance for learning something not previously made aware of. God bless.

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

David thanks for the question. I noticed that MarilynC attempted to answer. I appreciated her use of Ezekiel 37 which is a good chapter as it deals with one of the resurrections. Verse 24 does show that King David will be king again over Israel. However, the rest of Marilyn's answer is "news" to me and seems to have no biblical basis but appears to be based upon church dogma. If the resurrections and the descriptions of God's Kingdom are of interest to you it is a wonderful study.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,309
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

11 hours ago, Tigger56 said:

I also am amazed by the history of the Bible and truly believe it is the inspired word of God and a miracle and proof of the existence of God. I also believe that it will not be added to at this time. Yet knowing that God is not done with man and only a short period of man's history and God's plan has unfolded I do not want to dare say that the Almighty God cannot add to his holy word. I am not in such a position of arrogance to make such a statement. I am rather open to the idea that in his Kingdom that the Bible may be changed, that actions of faith will be added, that additional history of the church could be added. Also I still go back to one of my questions or thoughts in regards to this matter.... if all sin is forgiven and forgotten must the patriarchs of the Bible such as King David always have their sins known, will there still be a need to have these lessons before us? Wouldn't it fit more to the love and mercy of God to have those sins erased from the Bible?

When we are finally with the Lord, why would God need to add more to the written Word?   To me, too much speculation isn't good.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,309
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

13 hours ago, Tigger56 said:

I have gone to the statement of faith. I am a Christian and love and believe in the Lord God and the Lord Jesus, but I do not believe all that is stated in the statement of faith held in this forum. If this means I am not welcome then I can accept that. I am not here to disrupt but did hope there could be exchanges of viewpoint and ideas within the belief of our Lord, not that I had be be of the "conformist" view of all things. If I am not welcome to remain and discuss freely then I hope that someone who monitors this site will tell me and I will leave in peace.

You can discuss freely, only now it is in the non-conformist forum area.    Since this is such a large forum to moderate, apparently George thought this would be the best.

I do enjoy your other posts and hope you will stay.   Except for this topic, I wouldn't know you are not accepting the statement of faith fully.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,939
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

17 hours ago, Tzephanyahu said:

That link brings up this below error:

Sorry, there is a problem

We could not locate the item you are trying to view.

Error code: 2F176/1

But don't worry Michael, I get your message clearly.  I'm a "non-conformist" and so I should leave you "conformists" comfortably segregated.  Thank you your warm words.

Amen brother.  Attitudes like this make me lose interest in posting as well. 

Hi again Tze, The link works if you go to the banner gadget "Christian Forums" and look for it in the 3rd subforum in the Worthy Pavilion, which the founder of Worthy Christian Forums asks non-conformist views that disagree with this site's Statement Of Faith be discussed in. There has already been much discussion on the contents of the S of F as it pertains to the closed canon of Scripture, and your input is welcome under the guidance of those who minister this subforum.

9 hours ago, Debp said:

When we are finally with the Lord, why would God need to add more to the written Word?   To me, too much speculation isn't good.

Actually speculation behind a pulpit isn't good. Speculation that becomes a doctrine that leaves the trunk of the tree of truth isn't good, but speculation in a chat forum isn't harmful in itself, it causes one to think and ponder upon the wonders of our Lord. 

In regards to the why would God need to add more to the written word? God wouldn't need to as he doesn't really require the Bible but is using it as a tool for man. But I am one that believes in the resurrections both spiritual and physical and though Satan will no longer be tempting man, the history of man, the faith of man, the goodness and love of God will be wonderful things to read and I believe much of it will be within the Bible. But my belief is simply that, my belief. It causes no harm but does cause me to be in wonder, for I know all that the Lord has in store for man is beyond our imagination.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Debp said:

You can discuss freely, only now it is in the non-conformist forum area.    Since this is such a large forum to moderate, apparently George thought this would be the best.

I do enjoy your other posts and hope you will stay.   Except for this topic, I wouldn't know you are not accepting the statement of faith fully.

Debp, I am glad you are enjoying the other posts. I enjoy praising our Lord and sharing thoughts that the Lord leads to. I am still not sure about the conformist, not-conformist thing. I am not over this forum and am not trying to dictate the rules set up but am trying to both understand the rules set forth and perhaps the reason for them. I do understand that "contention" isn't needed and there should be fellowship. But I do not understand why any concept or idea shared among Christians in that fellowship has to always be in agreement. Why are questions out of the ordinary such a threat or a danger or somehow becomes a censored item and pushed to another forum away from those in complete agreement? I do understand that you don't want people coming in declaring there is no God, etc... as it would definitely disrupt fellowship, but when all agree there is a God and all accept Jesus as their Savior, then why the pushing away of other concepts and beliefs?  I am constantly pondering the ways of the Lord and am in constant awe of the Mighty Ones of heaven and have a desire to see if others have thoughts like mine or thoughts not like mine so perhaps we all can learn including myself, perhaps the concept of iron sharpens iron is not desired here but perhaps our perspectives can widen or become strengthened in what we already believe. I have core, rock solid beliefs, but it does not prevent me from listening to others. I never feel threatened by this. I love the exchanging of ideas, I feel no need to automatically accept what someone says and hopefully they don't feel a need to automatically accept my ideas. But the exchanging of ideas should be one of the strengths of this forum not something pushed away to a more "acceptable environment".

I am not trying to cause contention and am not trying to dictate to this forum and would rather leave than do that. But I do want to understand why anything that goes against the "mainstream" beliefs must be pushed somewhere else? To me it is similar to being asked to leave the room until you can learn to behave yourself. I never have enjoyed going to a church or anywhere that basically tells me to leave my brain at the door and accept all that is said here or if you say or believe otherwise then be shown the door. Which I don't think is being done here at the moment but will accept it if that is the case and will move on. As said, I am trying to understand the rules and hope my questions are not seen as contention.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

I am amazed at people jumping thru hoops to defend their pet revelation and pet scripture versions.

The Tanach is rife with people and their views and weird actions. Surely this speaks realms about our penchant to follow our hearts that are 'desperately wicked. Just read some of the 'Keeping Sabbath' posts. It is incredible how some will use doctrine to pretend that we are NOT to observe the seventh-day Sabbath of the Lord. It was instituted BEFORE sin and death, yet we still seem to want to pose an inquisition like Rome did (and others) for those that do not tow the 'modern doctrine' line. Absolutely STUNNING...

I am aghast...

Edited by Justin Adams

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

18 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

I am amazed at people jumping thru hoops to defend their pet revelation and pet scripture versions.

The Tanach is rife with people and their views and weird actions. Surely this speaks realms about our penchant to follow our hearts that are 'desperately wicked. Just read some of the 'Keeping Sabbath' posts. It is incredible how some will use doctrine to pretend that we are NOT to observe the seventh-day Sabbath of the Lord. It was instituted BEFORE sin and death, yet we still seem to want to pose an inquisition like Rome did (and others) for those that do not tow the 'modern doctrine' line. Absolutely STUNNING...

I am aghast...

Likewise, I am aghast at those who choose to be “ weak Believers” as Paul described those obsessed  with what to eat , what days to observe , sabbaths,etc. Why spend a lifetime wasted on “ majoring in the minors” ? So much ado over things that God does not care about.How about spending time resting in the finished work of the Cross-something that will actually please God.

• Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/11/2019 at 2:43 AM, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Likewise, I am aghast at those who choose to be “ weak Believers” as Paul described those obsessed  with what to eat , what days to observe , sabbaths,etc. Why spend a lifetime wasted on “ majoring in the minors” ? So much ado over things that God does not care about.How about spending time resting in the finished work of the Cross-something that will actually please God.

Are you sure this is speaking against those who kept the Sabbath or simply stating not to let others judge you for doing so? After all Jesus did keep the Sabbath and the Apostles after him as well as the early Church, even Paul is shown to be going to the synagogue on the Sabbath to talk with the Jews and the Gentiles. The Catholic church changed the day of worship from Sabbath to Sunday to become more separated from the Jews, whom they blamed for the crucifiction of Christ and to fit with acceptance of many who already worshipped the sun instead of the Son. Which I have always found the change done by the council at that time to be interesting since many will not claim that the Pope or Catholic has the authority to do such things, yet it is acceptable by the majority of Christians today. In the scripture you are referring to there is no use of "weak believers" and is also doesn't state the Sabbath was done away with. Perhaps you have some other scriptures that clearly state the Sabbath is not to be observed, because this one doesn't.  

As stated this was not the topic originally posted but you did appear to be extremely agitated at Justin Adams in his post.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

On 4/10/2019 at 12:11 PM, Tigger56 said:

I am constantly pondering the ways of the Lord and am in constant awe of the Mighty Ones of heaven and have a desire to see if others have thoughts like mine or thoughts not like mine so perhaps we all can learn including myself, perhaps the concept of iron sharpens iron is not desired here but perhaps our perspectives can widen or become strengthened in what we already believe. I have core, rock solid beliefs, but it does not prevent me from listening to others. I never feel threatened by this. I love the exchanging of ideas, I feel no need to automatically accept what someone says and hopefully they don't feel a need to automatically accept my ideas. But the exchanging of ideas should be one of the strengths of this forum not something pushed away to a more "acceptable environment".

Amen! Wonderfully written.  You seem like a brother I can truly identify with.  You are an asset to this forum, so please don't leave it. 

I look forward to reading more of your posts.. You non-conformist, you! :emot-highfive: