turtletwo

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  194

I was thinking back upon Christian concerts I've gone to over the years. Then I wondered about my sisters and brothers here. I thought it would be interesting to hear which ones you've gone to and how they were a blessing to your life. If you remember the general time period feel free to put that detail in, too.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/11/1977

I've seen Kutless, Disciple, Seventh Day Slumber, Decyfer Down and Fireflight several times over the 2007-2009 period. I saw Skillet once in 2009.

• Loved it! 1

5 hours ago, Kinison said:

I've seen Kutless, Disciple, Seventh Day Slumber, Decyfer Down and Fireflight several times over the 2007-2009 period. I saw Skillet once in 2009.

@Kinison I am familiar with all of these though I have not seen them in concert. I was wondering about some of these flagging events such as the Ramp. Have you ever thought of going to one?:) Btw, thanks for the link. I loved the video!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Bloodgood, Out of the Darkness concert was excellent in the 80s.  One kid was saved just reading the lyrics from this album.  Loved Whitecross as well because of their heart for the lost.  Saw several Audio Adrenalin concerts which were fun.   Another I really enjoyed was a Phil Keaggy concert.  REZ put on good concerts with a message.   Idle Cure was also good entertainment as was the 77s and the Newsboys.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/11/1977

8 hours ago, turtletwo said:

@Kinison I am familiar with all of these though I have not seen them in concert. I was wondering about some of these flagging events such as the Ramp. Have you ever thought of going to one?:) Btw, thanks for the link. I loved the video!

I definitely would like to go to the Ramp sometime. They're in Hamilton, Alabama, just 300 miles from me, so that's not too bad a drive. I did get to go to IHOP in Kansas City a couple years ago for my 40th birthday, which was a really great experience.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Ted Pearce twice.

https://messianicradio.com/?song=songs/514#/

Debbie Kline Iantorno twice.

https://messianicradio.com/?song=songs/985#/

Zemer Levav once.

https://messianicradio.com/?song=songs/537#/

And of course Ive heard George's wife sing on multiple occasions. 

https://messianicradio.com/?artist=Baht Rivka Whitten#/

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

1. Barry McGuire = x4

2. Children of the Day = x2

3. Randy Stonehill = x4

4. Phil Keaggy = x2

5. dcTalk = x2

6. White Heart = x2

7. 2nd Chapter of Acts = x1

8. Pray For Rain = x1

9. Jars of Clay = x1

10. Audio Adrenalin = x1

11. Third Day = x1

12. News Boys = x1

• Loved it! 1

11 hours ago, Willa said:

Bloodgood, Out of the Darkness concert was excellent in the 80s.  One kid was saved just reading the lyrics from this album.  Loved Whitecross as well because of their heart for the lost.  Saw several Audio Adrenalin concerts which were fun.   Another I really enjoyed was a Phil Keaggy concert.  REZ put on good concerts with a message.   Idle Cure was also good entertainment as was the 77s and the Newsboys.

@Willa :) God is so powerful! It's exciting how a kid got saved from reading lyrics. I've heard OF this band and also Whitecross, yet not actually heard  them. Thanks for sharing how they had an outreach to lost youth. I miss the evangelistic music of that time period.

My son and daughter saw Audio Adrenalin in concert when a church took the teenagers there. In the early 1980's (back when they were still 'small frys' :)) I was blessed to camp out at an outdoor Christian music fest. There I saw Phil Keaggy and REZ (along with others like Steve Taylor.) It was really special!

• Thumbs Up 1

@ayin jade:) You have good taste. I love Messianic music! One of my regrets in life is not being able to go to such a concert... I started buying records way back in the 70's with Lamb (Joel Chernoff's group.)

Zemer Levav has such beautiful worship music...sisterly harmonies and they even play ancient Hebrew instruments. George's wife I saw only one video called "Ha Ben Yakir Li" but it left quite an impression :) Debbie Kline Iantorno I don't know but I am going to check her out now that you listed her. I am always looking for new Messianic music.

Ted Pearce I have seen in concert only on YouTube and wished I could be there in person. Such free flowing worship by him (singing with unabashed love for the Lord!) Did they have people out on the floor doing the Messianic Jewish style of dance in a circle when you went? How long ago was it? 

5 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

1. Barry McGuire = x4

2. Children of the Day = x2

3. Randy Stonehill = x4

4. Phil Keaggy = x2

5. dcTalk = x2

6. White Heart = x2

7. 2nd Chapter of Acts = x1

8. Pray For Rain = x1

9. Jars of Clay = x1

10. Audio Adrenalin = x1

11. Third Day = x1

12. News Boys = x1

@BeauJangles :)You have been blessed indeed to go to all of these, my brother! I have enjoyed listening to these singers you listed over the years. I own quite a few LPS, cassettes and CDs by 1,3,4,6 and 7.  

I saw Phil Keaggy at an outdoor Christian music fest with a bunch of other singers  (I mentioned it above to Willa.) God's Presence was so sweet at the 2nd Chapter of Acts concert I attended in a church. 

I would've loved to have gone to a Barry McGuire concert! He is such a colorful character and was so sold out to the Lord in those early days of the Jesus movement (during which I got saved.) Could you please tell about your experiences at his concerts and what years they were?

:) Any other singers concerts you want to share about, feel free. Even if you do it in separate posts. I'm all ears. I'm sure there are others, too who lived during the 1970's and 80's who would enjoy hearing. It was such a wonderful time to know the Lord! It's the closest thing to a revival in my lifetime (with God's anointing upon the Jesus music being written then.)