douge

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  354
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  964
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  0

Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Jesus was commanding the twelve disciples to go and preach the gospel. Whoever believed and is baptized shall be saved. Whoever will not believe would not be baptized either.

Isaiah 9:7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

The gospel they were to preach was the gospel of the kingdom. The kingdom is the prophetic Davidic kingdom on earth promised to believing Israel. This is the kingdom spoken of in Isaiah 9:7 above. The saved in Mark 16:16 are those who will be saved to enter the kingdom on earth.

Luke 9:1 Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases.

9:2 And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick.

The twelve were to go preaching the kingdom of God; the prophetic Davidic kingdom.

Luke 7:29 And all the people that heard him, and the publicans, justified God, being baptized with the baptism of John.

7:30 But the Pharisees and lawyers rejected the counsel of God against themselves, being not baptized of him.

Jesus, in the verses above, was speaking to the people of John the Baptist. Those that heard Jesus and were baptized justified God by believing what they heard. Those who were not baptized rejected what they heard God say. They were baptized with the same baptism that John preached and performed.

The Davidic kingdom was interrupted by the dispensation of Grace (Ephesians 3:2) but will be fulfilled in the future. In the millennial reign of Christ, the gospel of the kingdom will once again be preached along with baptism (Matthew 28:19-20).

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

1st Corinthians 1:17

Baptism, water immersion, follows Salvation....but it has no power to save.

This is why the scripture says....BELIEVE and be.... baptized.

The water without the Salvation is just a shower., its a bath.

Notice Mark 16:16......."whosoever does not BELIEVE, shall be damned (condemned),   This is John 3:36

Its the BELIEVING that matters......not the water.

Its your FAITH that is "counted as Righteousness",  not the water.

Being water baptized is a public confession of your Salvation, and its symbolic of the old man dying, and the new man rising..."in Christ".

You should be water baptized,  ONLY AFTER you are Born Again.

Edited by Behold
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,883
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

8 hours ago, douge said:

Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Jesus was commanding the twelve disciples to go and preach the gospel. Whoever believed and is baptized shall be saved. Whoever will not believe would not be baptized either.

Isaiah 9:7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

The gospel they were to preach was the gospel of the kingdom. The kingdom is the prophetic Davidic kingdom on earth promised to believing Israel. This is the kingdom spoken of in Isaiah 9:7 above. The saved in Mark 16:16 are those who will be saved to enter the kingdom on earth.

Luke 9:1 Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases.

9:2 And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick.

The twelve were to go preaching the kingdom of God; the prophetic Davidic kingdom.

Luke 7:29 And all the people that heard him, and the publicans, justified God, being baptized with the baptism of John.

7:30 But the Pharisees and lawyers rejected the counsel of God against themselves, being not baptized of him.

Jesus, in the verses above, was speaking to the people of John the Baptist. Those that heard Jesus and were baptized justified God by believing what they heard. Those who were not baptized rejected what they heard God say. They were baptized with the same baptism that John preached and performed.

The Davidic kingdom was interrupted by the dispensation of Grace (Ephesians 3:2) but will be fulfilled in the future. In the millennial reign of Christ, the gospel of the kingdom will once again be preached along with baptism (Matthew 28:19-20).

I don't agree with your explanation of the Kingdom of God.

Jesus Christ commition his disciples to proclaim the Gospel, that as it was written the CHRIST had to die first before he recieves his Glory.

Jesus Christ ask them to proclaimed that he is the only begotten Son of God...

At the baptism of Jesus Christ when John the Baptist was standing besides Jesus Christ...a voice was heard from someone who declare that he is the Father of Jesus Christ, and to prove his proclamation he sent his Spirit to come upon Jesus Christ...

And John the Baptist the son of the elect Priest who was chosen to enter the most Holy Place and whose inheritance John had inherit..gave the testimony, that this call came from Heaven and it was not about him whom God had given a miraculous life at birth...He John continues and said this saying that came from Heaven , declare that Jesus Christ is the Son of God...

And John said this happened as I was pouring the water upon Jesus,at the same time The Heavenly Father pour his Holy Spirit upon Jesus;

John said; the Heaven was open and the Spirit went directly only upon Jesus Christ..

And a voice from Heaven declare "This is my Son in whom I am well please..

We know that the voice that came from Heaven cannot be David's, because David had died long time ago, and he said; when I died , I will follow in my inheritance and I will descend in Sheol . that's where my Lord God "the Christ", will find me . 

At that time when the Heavenly declaration came from Heaven, David did not protest that Jesus was his son;

Or that the Christ has to be his son, niether John the Baptist protest that the Christ has to be the son of David. And just like Solomon inherit his earthly kingdom.

For David had said the Christ will take me out from Sheol and into his Heavenly Kingdom...

And I will be with him...

That's what Jesus and the disciples preach...

Following and obeying Jesus who told them to teach what they heard of him...

no son in an earthly kingdom becomes a king while his Father is still alive, unless the kingdom is divided , no Father king gives the kingdom to his son, and becomes his servant....

On the other hand Jesus Christ inherited a Kingdom and he is the First King and the Last, no one had ever sat upon that Throne of his kingdom, if that was right the Christ would have to make a war with him, to inherit the Throne and the kingdom. And not only with him David but with all others kings the sons of David who had been kings, in the earthly kingdom, and had the right to succession.

What are you asking that Jesus kill all of them to be the last remaining son of David....

Jesus Christ inherited a Throne no one has ever sat on it...

The first and the Last....

And his Heavenly Father gave him everything snd his Spirit to equipped him for his rain, and make him Lord over all.

David did not have this kind of inheritance, and he had a rebel son, get this one!!! 

And David was a sinner...

Who cause others to die so he can live. 

The Heavenly Father is figuratively called David.

As the scripture said; Jesus Christ inherit the Heavenly Throne of his Father David. 

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 12:24 PM, Behold said:

1st Corinthians 1:17

Baptism, water immersion, follows Salvation....but it has no power to save.

This is why the scripture says....BELIEVE and be.... baptized.

The water without the Salvation is just a shower., its a bath.

Notice Mark 16:16......."whosoever does not BELIEVE, shall be damned (condemned),   This is John 3:36

Its the BELIEVING that matters......not the water.

Its your FAITH that is "counted as Righteousness",  not the water.

Being water baptized is a public confession of your Salvation, and its symbolic of the old man dying, and the new man rising..."in Christ".

You should be water baptized,  ONLY AFTER you are Born Again.

Hello

Please show me what scripture says "Being water baptized is a public confession of your Salvation, and its symbolic of the old man dying, and the new man rising..."in Christ"."

• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

23 minutes ago, douge said:

Please show me what scripture says "Being water baptized is a public confession of your Salvation, and its symbolic of the old man dying, and the new man rising..."in Christ"."

Brother, I have heard these words in practically all baptismal services. And though not knowing any particular verses to back them specifically, these two did come to mind. Perhaps some similarities here? It's a 'given' that public baptism is a confession of your faith in salvation, IMHO. God bless!

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles 

Romans 6:3  Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death.  

Galations 3:27  For as many of you have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Content Count:  2,090
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

personally, I would not define a doctrine on a disputed text.   As I remember there is three or four endings to Mark.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Content Count:  2,090
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

is anyone teaching baptismal regeneration. 

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.86
  • Days Won:  5

10 types of baptism......most of them dry.....Baptism into the Body Of Christ is the one you must have to go to Heaven.....Simply believe 1 cor15:1-4 and you can be a part of that Body......untouchable. Forever.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

42 minutes ago, Daniel Marsh said:

is anyone teaching baptismal regeneration. 

I was born and raised into ( until my mid-teens ) a church that teaches this doctrine. Not my personal present beliefs, however. God bless!

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

Brother, I have heard these words in practically all baptismal services. And though not knowing any particular verses to back them specifically, these two did come to mind. Perhaps some similarities here? It's a 'given' that public baptism is a confession of your faith in salvation, IMHO. God bless!

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles 

Romans 6:3  Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death.  

Galations 3:27  For as many of you have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 

Hello

Romans 6:3 and Galatians 3:27 are speaking of the operation of God in baptizing with the Holy Spirit and is not speaking of water baptism (Colossians 2:12).

You are correct in not knowing of any scripture to substantiate water baptism because Paul does not command it.