• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

18 minutes ago, turtletwo said:

Jesus said to the woman caught in adultery that her sins were forgiven. But He then said "Go and sin no more."

Not only that , but to two he had healed , HE said the same thing and also said , LEST an EVEN WORSE THING come upon you .  EVEN WORSE .

Ever wonder why paul said  , LET all who name the name of JESUS depart FROM inquity . OR paul also said ,  LET these things not be named EVEN ONE , EVEN ONE TIME

among you as becomes saints .    NOT what I hear today man ,   OH DEAR its not what I hear today .    But we follow JESUS .

And the beautyis , CHRIST set up the perfect pattern for all things .  IF one even does err,  JUST Do HIS PATTERN for CORRECTOIN .     Be serious and see sin as deadly

and do all to build up one another with pure bible doctrine .      IF we would BUT LEARN CHRIST and those apostels , their doctrine , entire approach and pattern , OH

HOW THE PEOPLES would abound  and overcome .    But if we change any part of it ,  PREPARE only for total destruction . ONLY JESUS PATTERN works . ONLY HIS TRUTH

Stands for all time . 

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Mars Hill

13 minutes ago, Sonshine☀️ said:

Greetings, brothers & sisters in the Lord.  I believe Christians should be exhibiting way more joy.  It seems we’re losing the Joy of the Lord!  We can’t let that pattern continue.  Let’s not let it happen!  After all, Jesus came to restore everything that went wrong with the Fall.  Jesus brings back to us the joy of old—in the Garden of Eden, where God created everything beautiful.  And when we arrive in heaven, surely happiness and joy will reign supreme!

But, here’s the thing—It is also our Savior’s will that today, His Joy should remain in us, and that our joy should be full.  Jesus wants us to know the Truth of God so that in knowing the Truth, we may have joy in it.

To me, this means that the more a Christian knows about the Bible, the more joy he will have.  Indeed, he will know the Truth and the Truth will make him free—freedom from sadness, freedom from feeling hopeless, freedom from fear…

John 15:11 

11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.

2 Timothy 2:15 

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

THE JOY of the LORD is my strength and the SALVATION of the LORD ............MY JOY .  PUT THOSE HANDS UP every single one , who names the name of CHRIST

and PRAISE THE LORD  and have a david like dance fest with much praise and thanksgiving UNTO THE LORD .

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  860
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  0

Jesus Christ is the true light, not a joy the world knows, it is one that has sorrow and hates this life..

2 Corinthians 6:9 As unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and, behold, we live; as chastened, and not killed;
10 As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things.

2 Corinthians 4:10 Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.
11 For we which live are always delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh.

Luke 6:21 Blessed are ye that hunger now: for ye shall be filled. Blessed are ye that weep now: for ye shall laugh.
Luke 6:25 Woe unto you that are full! for ye shall hunger. Woe unto you that laugh now! for ye shall mourn and weep.

John 12:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.
25 He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.
26 If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.
27 Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.

Psalm 126:6 He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him.

Ezekiel 9:4 And the Lord said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof.

James 4:9 Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.
10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Ecclesiastes 7:2 It is better to go to the house of mourning, than to go to the house of feasting: for that is the end of all men; and the living will lay it to his heart.
3 Sorrow is better than laughter: for by the sadness of the countenance the heart is made better.
4 The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning; but the heart of fools is in the house of mirth.

1 John 2:8 Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth.

Psalms 69:19 Thou hast known my reproach, and my shame, and my dishonour: mine adversaries are all before thee.
20 Reproach hath broken my heart; and I am full of heaviness: and I looked for some to take pity, but there was none; and for comforters, but I found none.
21 They gave me also gall for my meat; and in my thirst they gave me vinegar to drink.

Psalm 69:26 For they persecute him whom thou hast smitten; and they talk to the grief of those whom thou hast wounded.
27 Add iniquity unto their iniquity: and let them not come into thy righteousness.
28 Let them be blotted out of the book of the living, and not be written with the righteous.
29 But I am poor and sorrowful: let thy salvation, O God, set me up on high.

Isaiah 53:3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

• Group:  Mars Hill

Talk to your soul , LIKE KING DAVID DID  when his soul was disheartened within HIM .    

Say SOUL , why are you down cast or down trodden, HOPE THOU IN GOD and REMEMBER THE JOY of HIS SALVATION .

Remember that we have all hope .  FOR our HOPE is the LORD and to all who endure faithful the reward is great .  

This life is but a vapor at most when compared to eternal life .    like a quick poof of smoke its here , then its gone , BUT ETERNITY IN CHRIST IS FOREVER .

WE win no matter what comes against us .     That's why they could sing in PRISON , THEY COULD SING when beaten , REJOICING with upmost JOY they had been beaten for the LORD .

Only the lusts of the flesh ,  cares and pleasures in life ,  IT WILL CHOKE THE WORD right out of a person .

THUS , let us only INCREASE prayer , bible reading ,  exhortations ,   POEMING TOO DEAR SISTER ,    and just HAVE THE REAL HOPE That is found ONLY IN CHRIST .

Now put those hands UP and let a festival of thunderous praise be unto the LORD .

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  860
  • Content Per Day:  0.47

I can say why David spoke about his soul cast down. Because of the afflictions of David. The afflictions are to not go away. Now we have the same sufferings of Christ. If we want joy and rejoicing in the Lord, they are hopeful only when we are partakers of the sufferings. Offended, weak, burning, in cold and nakedness, no certain dwellingplace, even the same as Christ the man aquainted with sorrows who had nowhere to lay His head, then you can have joy, but until then you love your life in this world and will lose it as told by our Lord Jesus Christ. Good words and fair speeches deceive nobody. But we are to be made the filth of the world, despised, hated as Jesus was, and to forget the ten thousand other instructors who never mention this way or follow it themselves, but follow the one we know follows Christ, and if anyone looks correctly, it is correct to despise your life and to despair of it..

2 Corinthians 11:23 Are they ministers of Christ? (I speak as a fool) I am more; in labours more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequent, in deaths oft.
24 Of the Jews five times received I forty stripes save one.
25 Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep;
26 In journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren;
27 In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness.
28 Beside those things that are without, that which cometh upon me daily, the care of all the churches.
29 Who is weak, and I am not weak? who is offended, and I burn not?
30 If I must needs glory, I will glory of the things which concern mine infirmities.
31 The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which is blessed for evermore, knoweth that I lie not.
32 In Damascus the governor under Aretas the king kept the city of the damascenes with a garrison, desirous to apprehend me:
33 And through a window in a basket was I let down by the wall, and escaped his hands.Firstly the commandments are not grievous at all, it is easy to love.

1 Corinthians 4:9 For I think that God hath set forth us the apostles last, as it were appointed to death: for we are made a spectacle unto the world, and to angels, and to men.
10 We are fools for Christ's sake, but ye are wise in Christ; we are weak, but ye are strong; ye are honourable, but we are despised.
11 Even unto this present hour we both hunger, and thirst, and are naked, and are buffeted, and have no certain dwellingplace;
12 And labour, working with our own hands: being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we suffer it:
13 Being defamed, we intreat: we are made as the filth of the world, and are the offscouring of all things unto this day.
14 I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you.
15 For though ye have ten thousand instructers in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.
16 Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.

2 Corinthians 1:7 And our hope of you is stedfast, knowing, that as ye are partakers of the sufferings, so shall ye be also of the consolation.
8 For we would not, brethren, have you ignorant of our trouble which came to us in Asia, that we were pressed out of measure, above strength, insomuch that we despaired even of life:
9 But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God which raiseth the dead:
10 Who delivered us from so great a death, and doth deliver: in whom we trust that he will yet deliver us;
11 Ye also helping together by prayer for us, that for the gift bestowed upon us by the means of many persons thanks may be given by many on our behalf.
12 For our rejoicing is this, the testimony of our conscience, that in simplicity and godly sincerity, not with fleshly wisdom, but by the grace of God, we have had our conversation in the world, and more abundantly to you-ward.

Romans 16:18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

John 7:7 The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil.

John 15:18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.

John 15:19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

Revelation 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Matthew 10:39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

Matthew 16:25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

Mark 8:35 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.

Luke 9:24 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.

Luke 17:33 Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.

John 12:25 He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

I forgot to mention, David had to have all of his afflictions, never to come out of them. His priests are clothed with righteousness, they shout for joy for that clothing, for that love that moves them now. But we see they do not value their lives, they finish with joy till death, exactly as Jesus did for the joy set before him, not the joy we find here in this painful terrible life. This is not the time to love life, but to hate it, the time to accept evil for good, these are the prayers the Lord hears, as the face of the Lord is against the ones who do evil and do not know the difference between the joy of the Lord and the joy man wants to have..

Psalm 132:1 Lord, remember David, and all his afflictions:
2 How he sware unto the Lord, and vowed unto the mighty God of Jacob;
3 Surely I will not come into the tabernacle of my house, nor go up into my bed;
4 I will not give sleep to mine eyes, or slumber to mine eyelids,
5 Until I find out a place for the Lord, an habitation for the mighty God of Jacob.
6 Lo, we heard of it at Ephratah: we found it in the fields of the wood.
7 We will go into his tabernacles: we will worship at his footstool.
8 Arise, O Lord, into thy rest; thou, and the ark of thy strength.
9 Let thy priests be clothed with righteousness; and let thy saints shout for joy.

Acts 20:24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

Hebrews 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

1 Peter 3:9 Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.
10 For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile:
11 Let him eschew evil, and do good; let him seek peace, and ensue it.
12 For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.

Edited by gordon7777
Afflictions of David and the joy of the Lord

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

There are two instances in the New Testament when Jesus told someone to “sin no more,” and they were each under very different circumstances. The first is when Jesus healed an invalid by the Pool of Bethesda (John 5:1–15). Afterward, Jesus found the man and told him, “See, you are well again. Stop sinning or something worse may happen to you” (verse 14). It is clear that Jesus knew what had caused the man’s condition. We are not told the specifics of the man’s physical impairment, but the context implies that it was caused by sinful choices. Jesus warned the man that he had been given a second chance and that he should make better choices. If the man returned to his sinful behavior, he would have wasted the opportunity Jesus gave him to live whole and forgiven.

The second instance is in the account of the woman taken in the act of adultery (John 8:3–11). When the woman’s accusers brought her before Jesus, expecting Him to pronounce judgment, He told them that the one who was without sin should throw the first stone. One by one, the condemning crowd left. Then Jesus told the woman, “Neither do I condemn you. Go and sin no more” (verse 11). She had been caught. She was guilty. She did deserve stoning according to the Law of Moses (Leviticus 20:10Deuteronomy 22:22). But the religious leaders who had dragged her there had no concern for holiness. They were trying to trap Jesus into saying that the Law did not matter (verse 6).

Jesus often reminded those religious leaders that He had not come to abolish the Law but to fulfill it (Matthew 5:17). He, as God, was the Author of the Law (2 Timothy 3:16). The Pharisees focused on the letter of the Law but missed the true spirit of it, which is given in Galatians 5:14: “The whole law can be summed up in this one command: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’” When Jesus refused to condemn the woman, He was not minimizing the importance of holiness. He was offering her the same kind of forgiveness He offers every one of us (Acts 3:19).

In saying, “Go and sin no more,” Jesus was not speaking of sinless perfection. He was warning against a return to sinful lifestyle choices. His words both extended mercy and demanded holiness. Jesus was always the perfect balance of “grace and truth” (John 1:14). With forgiveness comes the expectation that we will not continue in the same path of rebelliousness. Those who know God’s love will naturally want to obey Him (John 14:15).

When we turn to Christ and receive His forgiveness, we experience a heart change (Luke 9:23Acts 1:8). Forgiveness is not cheap, and it does not excuse the sin that separated us from God. It cost God everything to offer us the cleansing that pronounces us righteous before Him (John 3:1615:13). Rather than continue in the self-centered path that led us astray from Him to begin with, the forgiven can walk in God’s path (Luke 14:27). A move toward God is a move toward righteousness, purity, and holy living (1 Peter 1:16Romans 8:29). We cannot experience the transforming power of forgiveness without being forever changed.

It goes without saying that the woman caught in adultery did not return to her infidelity. She had met Jesus. She would not be perfect. No one is. But she was forever changed. Her eyes had been opened to the depravity of what she was doing. Sin no longer held the appeal it once did. When we meet Jesus, sin no longer holds its fatal attraction. Grace changes things. “Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? By no means! We are those who have died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?” (Romans 6:1–2).When we are born again (John 3:3), the power of the Holy Spirit breaks the power that sin once had over us (Romans 6:6). Once we lived only to please ourselves, but when we have been forgiven, our motivation changes. We now live to please God (Galatians 2:20).

It should be the goal of every Christian to “sin no more,” although we recognize that, while we are in the flesh, we will still stumble (1 John 1:8). God’s desire for each of us is to be holy as He is holy (1 Peter 1:16). We still sin, but sin is no longer a lifestyle choice (1 John 3:9–10). When we fail, we can come to God and ask forgiveness (1 John 1:91 Peter 4:1–2). And if we are truly God’s children, He will correct us, disciplining us when we need it (Hebrews 12:6–11). His work is to conform us to the image of His Son (Romans 8:29).

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  2,429
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

2 hours ago, Betha said:

Grace IS wonderful and we would have no future without it...just like a criminal would have no future if he was not 'pardoned from the 'death sentence.

But is he pardoned so he can continue his life of crime and ignore Law ??? I think not !

What does scripture say ? your sins are forgiven...SIN NO MORE ! 

SIN is 'transgressing God's Law/Commandments 1Joh 3v4....God's Grace has pardoned you.....transgress no more ! 

Law and Love go Hand in Hand !!!

What do you mean by the law ?.  Which law are you specifically referring to and does this include the sabbath day ?. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

I'm not tend'd to agree, Salvation by definition hasn't changed. I do not believe that Jesus worries over His acceptance at all, the message was spread and an open invite left to all....it's up to us to obtain salvation!

Just my two bits,  JJ

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Betha said:

Thank you for asking for more clarification, it's important to know which law, since there were many. As I had already referred to the Commandments in my post I was hoping people would 'pick up on them...but I'll make it more plain, I mean the 10 which also include the 7th day Sabbath.

The 10 Coms are a complete law in themselves specially given by God personally to the People to which were added NO more Deut 5 (22) Ex 20v1-18 - all other commands of ordinances and works were given through Moses since they were not spiritual and eternal and ended on the cross. 

There is a difference between God's 10 Holy/Eternal Coms stil lvalid today Rom7 and the hundreds of temporary works coms/laws that could never save us. 

Christians are not taught this difference and vital Truth , having been infiltrated by UNgodly men bringing error and lies into it to destroy them = starting with Yashua and His chosen Apostles and Saints....all killed to stop Truth reaching a deceived world. But GOD's WORD WILL STAND !

Trusting the Law — ANY law for Salvation will sever you from Christ and cause you to fall from Grace ....Newbies , Get your hands on an easy to read Bible and do yourself a favor.....read Galations....it is only 6 chapters and hopefully you will  be able to rightly divide Truth from Hogwash.... “ by the works of the Law, NO man will be justified”  Abraham  BELIEVED God and it was COUNTED as righteousness .....if it worked for Abe, it will work for you....

• Loved it! 1

The Bible is not Hogwash.....Adding Law to Paul’s Gospel Of Grace “ I S” . Hogwash is putting it mildly....I invite anyone to see what “ filthy rags” really means.Paul never minced words to describe the insult to the Blood Of Christ that “ works of the flesh” truly are.Go with Grace.....in the end it reveals whether or not you have what God is looking for —- faith.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1