• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

39 minutes ago, Sonshine☀️ said:

Hi, Jayne …any ideas? :)

I like Debp's idea.  Trolls are obvious.  New Christians/seeking  unbelievers are easily separated from trolls.  I'm a moderator on another forum and trolls are banished quickly. 

Everyone has to guard his/her own heart and lips.  If you can't stand what's being said, get off the computer for a while.  Go invest in real life.  Go for a jog, read book, play with the grandkids or the dog/cat.  Go read the Bible.  Bake a cake, plant a flower, mow the lawn, go visit a neighbor, color your hair, clip your toenails.....

…..just get away from what is stirring you up.

If you come back and you still feel the same - pray before you type.  Pray after you type.

Pray for others here.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

1 hour ago, Jayne said:

So now that there are six pages of how unhappy some are with this forum, what is the plan to change it?

Personally speaking, I believe Worthy admins to be doing a fine job of keeping order here. If you've seen George's comments about the potential problems of a lively topic becoming an insulting snarl of contention, moderators do step in. There has to be the allowance to let it get that way, in accordance to the ToS. ( terms of service ) They are seasoned in knowing just what to do.

Tidy up a thread here and there, speak directly to a violator with much needed discipline, by restrictive means, etc. and so on. All seem well to me, when this topic hit the forums. Have we had any major problems since then? Not to say some one else will come along eventually. They always do. But they are always dealt with accordingly as well. Just my two shekels worth. God bless! 

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Jayne said:

So now that there are six pages of how unhappy some are with this forum, what is the plan to change it?

Shalom,

Realistically, it won't change whilst such poster's continue their plight.  Let's face it, if they believe they are doing the will of God, so who could stop them?  Any resistance that they face they will surely think they are suffering for the sake of the Gospel.

Therefore, I think the burden lies with the rest of us.  If we see a poster get intentionally rude, provocative, close minded (as in just want to bark their own doctrine), we shouldn't reply.  We shouldn't entertain such an attitude because it cultivates and encourages it.  

Debate is good, interesting and fruitful, if done right.  Recognisable traits that it's going wrong quickly include: 

• CAPITAL letters to MAKE a POINT
  • Lots of exclamation points!!! Or question marks???
  • Harshly worded responses
  • Dividing the family (i.e. I'M this and YOU'RE that)
  • Reading or quoting your post out of context
  • Scripture-bombing (as in listing 6 or 7 verses one after the other.  That is not a conversation)
  • Always needing the last word
  • A condescending attitude 

When you see these traits repetitively in a poster, don't bother replying.  You'll be wasting your time, encouraging them and maybe even creating a stumbling block for yourself in your zeal to stand for the truth.  

Truly, some people in here I do not recognise the Holy Spirit within their words or attitude.  Some may even be operating with another spirit.  So I think we should be vigilant over love, peace, kindness, respect and patience with each other, and very few with our words to those who don't show these fruits (unless they are an unbeliever). 

Again, a difference of opinion and debate is good and helpful.  But bickering endlessly about a topic, that no side will ever backdown from, is worthless.

Love & Shalom 

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

On 5/14/2019 at 6:35 PM, Tzephanyahu said:

Hi Michael,  

I do not run a forum on my website or plan to.  It's for informative purposes only.

However, my tips would be: 

1. Philippians 2:3-4 "Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves,  not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others."
  2. Refrain from writing anything you wouldn't want the Lord to scrutinise, on the Day of Accounting.
  3. Do not post if you have ANY attitude other than: love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. (Galatians 5:22)

What about lament? It's also biblical. Since it's also in God's inspired Word, it should be welcome as well. How long o Lord will you forget me and let tragedy win against me?

• Brilliant! 1

On 5/17/2019 at 10:05 PM, Meerkat said:

What about lament? It's also biblical. Since it's also in God's inspired Word, it should be welcome as well. How long o Lord will you forget me and let tragedy win against me?

Very valid point.  There is a time and a place for lamentation and it can be brought on through the Holy Spirit.  It would seem a little weird to invite it though.  

If the person or Spirit needs to lament, they will - and hopefully brings edification or insight.  But if we openly invited it in the posting rules you might get a number of people "lamenting" over differences of opinion and OSAS or not.  It would be abused by some, I think.

Still, very good point Meerkat. Lamentation and deep sorrow is largely silenced or ignored in the church these days.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

21 minutes ago, Tzephanyahu said:

Very valid point.  There is a time and a place for lamentation and it can be brought on through the Holy Spirit.  It would seem a little weird to invite it though.  

If the person or Spirit needs to lament, they will - and hopefully brings edification or insight.  But if we openly invited it in the posting rules you might get a number of people "lamenting" over differences of opinion and OSAS or not.  It would be abused by some, I think.

Still, very good point Meerkat. Lamentation and deep sorrow is largely silenced or ignored in the church these days.

Thank you Tzephanyahu. I actually preached bit on lament in church today. We modern Christians tend not to do lament well. Pastors would rather preach on happier passages, but lament is also part of God's inspired word. Blessings to you Tzeph.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Meerkat said:

I actually preached bit on lament in church today. 

Would it be something you could share on the forum? I would be interested to read it. 

I agree with you. I once wrote a post on repentence and Jeremiah and it bombed basically, no one wanted to know. Whereas if I started a post called "5 ways to see more blessings in your life", it would probably be flooded!

• Brilliant! 1