Tzephanyahu

A Forum of Heaviness

21 minutes ago, Tzephanyahu said:

Very valid point.  There is a time and a place for lamentation and it can be brought on through the Holy Spirit.  It would seem a little weird to invite it though.  

If the person or Spirit needs to lament, they will - and hopefully brings edification or insight.  But if we openly invited it in the posting rules you might get a number of people "lamenting" over differences of opinion and OSAS or not.  It would be abused by some, I think.

Still, very good point Meerkat. Lamentation and deep sorrow is largely silenced or ignored in the church these days.

Thank you Tzephanyahu. I actually preached bit on lament in church today. We modern Christians tend not to do lament well. Pastors would rather preach on happier passages, but lament is also part of God's inspired word. Blessings to you Tzeph.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Meerkat said:

I actually preached bit on lament in church today. 

Would it be something you could share on the forum? I would be interested to read it. 

I agree with you. I once wrote a post on repentence and Jeremiah and it bombed basically, no one wanted to know. Whereas if I started a post called "5 ways to see more blessings in your life", it would probably be flooded!

• Brilliant! 1