• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

8 hours ago, Betha said:

What the churches of the world lack is OBEDIENCE....right from the start....and thus are deceived into a false salvation Jas 1v21-25. NOT being a DOER of God's Word leads to confusion and deception...unable to move on.and finish the course.

Who teaches DISobedience but the god of this world,

prince of the power of the air (of communication) Eph 2, who holds man in tresspass and sin.  How do we know this to be true ? for we ourselves were once part of his system...but by God's Grace and Love we have been quickened and saved out of it. It's all there in the first few verses of Eph 2 and good for ALL who believe and obey from the beginning of GOD's instructions to us the 10 Commandments as first step.

Faith must be in the Word of GOD AS GIVEN....not in the way WE understand it with our human senses...it's trusting the WORD alone and must rest in/on the foundational Law/Principles GOD set up.

The Ten  Commandments are great.....Anybody who tries to obey them will be blessed for it......Anybody that uses them improperly to establish their own righteousness will be just the Jews of Paul’s day that broke his heart.He was willing to go to Hell for his self- righteous brethren.He was that certain that Hell is where they were headed.If one tries the same thing that they did — justifying themselves before a Holy God By their Law- Keeping performance,they will join those Jews that Paul loved and feared for .

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

I agree that there are two sides, sometimes more! It is also true that there are factions. Paul addressed that issue. He even said that there HAD to be factions, so that those who have God's approval, will be known. That is a rough paraphrase, but I think part of what he was getting at, is that while we should want to have unity, uniform opinions run the risk of uniform error. By discussing differences, we have a better chance of getting correct opinions on the table, and then we can choose the good, and toss out the bad.

I think differences of opinion, are good. They can drive us to the Bible, to learn more. What too often happens though, is that we go to the Bible, with mixed motives. We already know what we believe, and when our beliefs are challenged, we run to the Bible to find that "proof text" that proves us right, and the other person wrong.

"The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, But a wise man is he who listens to counsel."

Let's be Bereans, and see what the Bible says, the whole Bible, as you have suggested. We we read a text or text, we form conclusions. The conclusions may or may not be correct. We need to read what the verse of verses say, and not try to see how they support what we already believe. We we disagree with others, there are three possibilities:

1. We are right, and they are wrong
  2. They are right, and we are wrong
  3. Both of us are wrong

Let's all of us consider that most likely none of us are always represented by possibility 1 above. Believers all have access to the same Bible. All of us have access to the same Holy Spirit. All of us make mistakes, and most likely, all of us are slow to recognize them.

This should lead us to humility, and away from pride. Knowing this, we should check ourselves, and hesitate to call others wrong, but instead, react in love, with a desire to edify others, and not alway have to be right!

What I am right here, is not for you Pekoudah, it is for everyone, including myself. So, let;s just tone it down a bit, and get along, with the love of Jesus, for our fellow members of His family.

One thing I would like to point out for everyone, is that some of us are responding so quickly to the posts of other, that it is hard for me to believe, that we are putting much thought into our replies. Let's check ourselves, and calm down, not being fo quick to react, pause, pray, examine where we are coming from, before hitting the key that saves our message.

How will people know we are Christians? By our love for one another. Is that what people are seeing? The world is watching!

By the way Pekoudah, I like the way you responded to my post!

Saw this on a church sign while I was on a Harley ride this afternoon.....I kinda figured it would come in handy someday—- I didn’t know it would be so soon....lol . The Sign said, “God loves you...and I am trying”

Edited by Blood Bought 1953
  • Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  2

Just so you know, Joyce Meyer tells people to try not to try, when the Bible says to resist the devil.  She is one.

Other than her, few would say to go ahead and sin all you want, but they do say no sin you commit, even something as vile as rape, murder, acts of sodomy, anything, can cause a Christian to lose their salvation.  In theory, you could worship Satan or sell your soul to him and stay saved, so it is a license to sin and not go to hell.  There may be consequences, but not loss of salvation.

Edited by Firm Foundation

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

6 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

disagree on some point, does not mean that they are wrong, and we are right.

well they cant both be right .   so lets rule that one out .    Usually one is wrong and the other is right .  and sometimes both are wrong and neither right .

Yeah, I think that is basically what I said when I said:

there are three possibilities:

1. We are right, and they are wrong
  2. They are right, and we are wrong
  3. Both of us are wrong

51 minutes ago, Betha said:

As i made clear i'm talking about the 10 Coms....not law-keeping in general as in the OT that required a multitude of works. No, my priority is to bring people back to being obedient to God as from the BEGINNING, the firm foundation for all God does. 

Christians generally just want to start and stay with Jesus' Resurrection, ignoring what He was or did in His human life.Doing so severely limits a person's understanding of the WHOLE and leads to false conclusions , wherein this whole world is trapped and deceived, including myself at one time. Unless a person can admit to their own past and present errors there is no hope they will ever change....and God won't force them !  So, having  been pulled out of the fire/mire that disobedience got us into,  we now learn to become obedient.....which you condemn as 'law-keeping and self-righteousness - when in truth GOD wants us to be obedient to Him now we are saved. Rom 5v8, we are saved while still sinners but must now stop sinning or transgressing God's law as per His 10 Coms. Can you think of just ONE obvious Com you are breaking ? start by correcting that error and you will be closer to God than ever before.!  

I don’t believe that I have ever condemned Law-Keeping and obedience.The truth is I say just the opposite. They are both great things— they just play no part in obtaining or keeping Salvation.Faith in the Blood Of Christ does that.

In this present Age of Grace we only have two rules......On my best day I never kept either of them. I do not love God with ALL of my heart, ALL of my soul and All of my mind....how ‘ bout you? I do not love my neighbor as I love myself. ..how ‘bout you? As a matter of fact , when I went out for dinner last night I didn’t even do as much as get a doggy bag for my neighbor.Some love, huh?

When it comes to Commandment Keeping I must admit I am a flop.Thanks be to God , He provided a “ loophole” that lets me be saved even with my dismal performance. I believed Jesus died for my sins and also believed He arose from the dead.Jesus promised me if I simply believed that , He would save me.Happily, I seized upon an offer I couldn’t refuse— I gave Him my sins and He gave me His righteousness .God sees me as perfect and I am saved.All these undeserved blessings and His Amazing Grace make me want to serve Him. I was set free and now all I want to do is be His Slave.Isnt true Christianity the craziest thing on earth?

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,312
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

57 minutes ago, Betha said:

As i made clear i'm talking about the 10 Coms....not law-keeping in general as in the OT that required a multitude of works. No, my priority is to bring people back to being obedient to God as from the BEGINNING, the firm foundation for all God does. 

Christians generally just want to start and stay with Jesus' Resurrection, ignoring what He was or did in His human life.Doing so severely limits a person's understanding of the WHOLE and leads to false conclusions , wherein this whole world is trapped and deceived, including myself at one time. Unless a person can admit to their own past and present errors there is no hope they will ever change....and God won't force them !  So, having  been pulled out of the fire/mire that disobedience got us into,  we now learn to become obedient.....which you condemn as 'law-keeping and self-righteousness - when in truth GOD wants us to be obedient to Him now we are saved. Rom 5v8, we are saved while still sinners but must now stop sinning or transgressing God's law as per His 10 Coms. Can you think of just ONE obvious Com you are breaking ? start by correcting that error and you will be closer to God than ever before.!  

The first step or foundation in having a changed life is through being born again, through Christ our Savior and Lord.   When we are born again, we then actually become the children of God....we then have a spiritual nature.   The Holy Spirit in our hearts is the key to walking with Jesus or walking in the Spirit in daily life.   Of course, we should yield or surrender to the Holy Spirit in daily life.   We should always glorify the Lord Jesus above all....people that are always talking about the law sound like they are idolizing the law over Christ, this is not good or pleasing to God.

...Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?  Are you so foolish?  Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh?   Galatians 3:2-3.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

2 minutes ago, Debp said:

The first step or foundation in having a changed life is through being born again, through Christ our Savior and Lord.   When we are born again, we then actually become the children of God....we then have a spiritual nature.   The Holy Spirit in our hearts is the key to walking with Jesus or walking in the Spirit in daily life.   Of course, we should yield or surrender to the Holy Spirit in daily life.   We should always glorify the Lord Jesus above all....people that are always talking about the law sound like they are idolizing the law over Christ, this is not good or pleasing to God.

...Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?  Are you so foolish?  Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh?   Galatians 3:2-3.

A minor masterpiece.....how true.....Paul says we finish the same way we started....faith!  “ the righteous by faith shall live”

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

For the weapons of our warfare are Spiritual ,  IF so be we have the Spirit .   And what do they do ,  they are mighty and powerful

to the pulling down of every strong hold and every high thing which exalts itself against God  , even bringing THOUGHTS captive to the OBEDIANCE of CHRIST .

My friends either we get busy dieing in sin ,  or living in Christ unto GOD .

The question is ,   why were the early church leaders so promoted to warn against sin and error   ,    and yet today its just not seen in that same light or approach .

Two things some are just flat out carnal and have need to be taught again the true things ,  and some have flat out been lulled to sleep by the doctrines of men .

Either way ,   HIGH time to awake to Righteousness and sin not .   Now bask in the ambience of that , cause paul said it FIRST .   SO why always come rushing

on to make every excuse about how we are victims and not rather victors in Christ .  IF GOD by prophets , by Word ,  and BY the SON and by the apostles

and then later by revelation unto JOHN was adamant that his people cease from sin and learn to do well .   WHY ON EARTH is this message not preached and seen today .

All the good things those churches were doing  AND YET even if an error was spotted it was warned out dire serious against with the words repent or else .

SO why are we not the same today and worse , why Is the image of God preached today , NOTHING LIKE THIS . 

We better learn that original pattern and learn it well and learn it fast .      For many wont make it and many more will join them soon in the delusion that has been allowed

We better armour up in CHRIST and feast on bible sound doctrine and do so fast .

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

18 hours ago, Firm Foundation said:

Just so you know, Joyce Meyer tells people to try not to try, when the Bible says to resist the devil.  She is one.

Other than her, few would say to go ahead and sin all you want, but they do say no sin you commit, even something as vile as rape, murder, acts of sodomy, anything, can cause a Christian to lose their salvation.  In theory, you could worship Satan or sell your soul to him and stay saved, so it is a license to sin and not go to hell.  There may be consequences, but not loss of salvation.

AT The risk of offending many ,  yet warn I must .  Joyce meyer is false .   Let all hear and recievie this .   IN fact let all flee them tbn preachers and day start etc ones .

But today its not politically acceptable to call a wolf or wolfet a wolf or wolfet .    But I will and I do , for I love the peoples and we must steer clear of the vultures . 

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Betha said:

I agree with you, none of us are perfect, we don't love God as much as we should....but then - we are only children, only learners and He does not expect it from us yet...we have to grow and mature, just as any human child progresses slowly from being a Baby....doesn't mean we should never go to school or start a job or progress on to other things. Just lying there in bed being dependent on our parents for everything is not how we are to take life,

OH NO ! we must be up and learning to do for ourselves....that IS what God has in mind for us....He will not be upset or withdraw His Grace when we start to WALK/live according to HIS Word. What servant would we be to Him if we never moved from the cross , never started a new life ? we are supposed to take up the cross on our shoulders and take it with us...always treasuring what HE has done for us...NOT leave it behind or forget about it....neither are we to stay crucified and buried with Him in death Rom 6v4,5.

As HE rose from the dead so He will also bring us back to NEW life with HIM....but it must be IN OBEDIENCE this time...no longer transgressing His (Fathers) law  (breaking/rejecting  His offer of HOLY TIME WITH HIM) as our first new step. Can you understand me BB, i speak in love.

I understand.As far as God “ withdrawing His Grace”, He does not withdraw Grace because of disobedience.I am not advocating sin, but “ where sin abounds ,Grace abounds more.”I know that breaks the hearts of many.The only way to get out of Grace is attempting to add Law to it .Law nullifies Grace. People should know that they should not trifle with the Grace that saves them.It will nullify the Work Of the Cross If you do not rest in it.God declares it as “ unbelief”.I think we need to stop “ majoring in the minors”.These daily little sins we get obsessed with are small potatoes compared to the sin of Unbelief.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Oy Vey! 1