LadyKay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

I'm sorry. I found out today that it was a misunderstanding on my part. It seems there was a sighn up sheet that I did not know about. I feel bad that I posted this now. But I guess it is a good topic to talk about.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

12 hours ago, GandalfTheWise said:

It would depend if I thought it was intentional or accidental.  If it was a unique occurrence, I'd give the benefit of the doubt and assume accidental.  If it's been a pattern, I'd probably feel negatively in some manner over it and give some thought as to what God is doing with it and why I'm reacting that way.  I've found that when something triggers negative feelings, it often points out things we need to change inside of us (perhaps I'm insecure and too concerned with everyone in the group liking me).  Sometimes too such things are God's way of getting my attention I need to consider new directions for some things.

So...it depends.  :) 

Are you saying God plan this for Ladykay ? He knows what happen. But all things work for the good. God will use this if Ladykay submits to God.

But this is more from the devil. Lack of love and consideration. There are a lot of clicks in churches too. Life on the earthly plane is full of divisions. Christ said when you plan a party call the lame the poor the needed. And God your father will reward you.

41 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Hee, this old man just  had a flashback to  his fourth grade Valentine's Day at school class. No not of  the number of valentines I didn't receive, but instead that  we were each to bring something, cake,  cookies, whatever. I decided to make a cake (  not my mom but me ) and selected a gingerbread pan cake to make. Now who would do that? !

I made it myself and then was starting to cut pieces, 31 of them. Couldn't figure out how to get 31 pieces so that all would have some and not miss anyone at all.

My mother tried to explain that others would be bringing cakes too and that no one would be trying to  cut 31 pieces, that all would end up having something. But no, I was determined and she  let me suffer my determination and I guess my pride in my cake.

Well the cake was the ugliest of all the goodies there and the pieces the smallest, and it got mocked as a really bad little thing and who would even want to eat  of that  when there were so many larger samples that looked so good.

HA, AND THEY WERE RIGHT, I WAS WRONG. even I didn't much appreciate my own cake.

Oh the valentines, I got a couple. Hey I was the only English kid in a class of Italians in a Italian ghetto. I was lucky I didn't get beat up. I usually had to fight my way out of school there each day. Well lots of days anyway. Sometimes a teacher would hold me in detention until 5:00 pm when everyone was gone and then release me.

Life is hard, eh? And then the Holy Spirit comes a calling. Wow!

The Italians kids were always tough. We used to use the HS pool in the summer. And the Italians kids from Villia ave Bx would give you a knock in the head. But it never stop us. We got back at them ambush them with water balloons. They never knew it was us. Lol went up to the third floor while they were sitting in front of the door and drop three or four big water ballons. They were super mad. We ran down and came around and walk up like we knew nothing. Fun days.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

22 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

Are you saying God plan this for Ladykay ? He knows what happen. But all things work for the good. God will use this if Ladykay submits to God.

But this is more from the devil. Lack of love and consideration. There are a lot of clicks in churches too. Life on the earthly plane is full of divisions. Christ said when you plan a party call the lame the poor the needed. And God your father will reward you.

I do look at my Bible to see if the Holy Spirit guides me to personal application  for situations in my life. 

For myself, I find that if I have a problem, if I wonder the why of a perceived slight or oversight as example, I go and ask of the person involved, doing so  first, before mentioning it to others, any others at all. That is what I see is guidance for me from the word of God the Bible as revealed to me  by the Holy Spirit indwelling me.  

I also find that I do not want to be at Lord's Supper and have to  let the cup pass because I still have some sense of angst with anyone at all.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

14 hours ago, LadyKay said:

How would you feel if a group of people from your church (like all the Lady's or members of your Sunday School class)  were all invited to a house party by another church member, and you were the only one not to be invited?  :blink:

Not everyone who knows you, will like you.

But God will always love you.

So, what really matters?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

32 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

The Italians kids were always tough. We used to use the HS pool in the summer. And the Italians kids from Villia ave Bx would give you a knock in the head. But it never stop us. We got back at them ambush them with water balloons. They never knew it was us. Lol went up to the third floor while they were sitting in front of the door and drop three or four big water ballons. They were super mad. We ran down and came around and walk up like we knew nothing. Fun days.

Our fun was a little more than a knock on the head I am afraid.  But hey God had a plan for me to survive, and even flourish. Praise God.

It was a land and a time of zip guns, pin guns, butterflies were not insects but instead knives. The governor closed the township with State militia and curfew, more than  three  found in a group was a gang and was arrested. Metal shop was for the casting of "aluminum" knuckles and Electrical shop for the making of saps. Fun? No. And no water balloons- just india ink from the schools art classes. They were set on the door pumps to restrooms and would drop and break as one went into the room. That was "light" fun. Fortunately my family up and moved to the shadow of the mouse ears,  Disneyland. And we then lived in an orange grove in a little pink house with a pool instead of a ghetto flat with danger in the hallway.

Little Pink Houses for you and me was a wonderful reality for many families that fled the great ghettos. We would no longer have gang fights, we instead would go to Huntington Beach (State side of the pier) and pretend we all were surfers, and then we would cruise PCHwy. Different, oh so different a life. Wow praise God.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02

14 hours ago, LadyKay said:

How would you feel if a group of people from your church (like all the Lady's or members of your Sunday School class)  were all invited to a house party by another church member, and you were the only one not to be invited?  :blink:

Been there about a dozen times.... with volunteer workers.

Excluded. Uninvited. And nobody had the guts to say it...

when volunteer assignments were handed out... they'd simply not have one for me.

Usually at the end of the meeting.

And they still said nothing as it sunk in my presence was not wanted.

Gutless wonders who want to play some for of religious church game / facade 

based on the traditions of man will always reject Spirit-filled people who

exude truth rather than cliquishness.

And they are cowards.

Initially, when it happened the first time, it stung... I checked my armpits for an odor, that sort of thing.

Then I considered it a badge of honor.

There are lots of folks in this world one does not want to love them and embrace them as their own.

I generally start speaking / teaching with "I am usually not invited back, tact not being my long suit." To borrow from the late great Dr. Walter Martin.

And if, as I suspected, the truth causes more tension than attention, I usually conclude, "I've been thrown out of better churches than this one."

10 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Our fun was a little more than a knock on the head I am afraid.  But hey God had a plan for me to survive, and even flourish. Praise God.

It was a land and a time of zip guns, pin guns, butterflies were not insects but instead knives. The governor closed the township with State militia and curfew, more than  three  found in a group was a gang and was arrested. Metal shop was for the casting of "aluminum" knuckles and Electrical shop for the making of saps. Fun? No. And no water balloons- just india ink from the schools art classes. They were set on the door pumps to restrooms and would drop and break as one went into the room. That was "light" fun. Fortunately my family up and moved to the shadow of the mouse ears,  Disneyland. And we then lived in an orange grove in a little pink house with a pool instead of a ghetto flat with danger in the hallway.

Little Pink Houses for you and me was a wonderful reality for many families that fled the great ghettos. We would no longer have gang fights, we instead would go to Huntington Beach (State side of the pier) and pretend we all were surfers, and then we would cruise PCHwy. Different, oh so different a life. Wow praise God.

Yea your life was harsher then mine in the bronx. Glad you got away from that place. 

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

1 hour ago, LadyKay said:

I'm sorry. I found out today that it was a misunderstanding on my part. It seems there was a sighn up sheet that I did not know about. I feel bad that I posted this now. But I guess it is a good topic to talk about.

No, don't feel bad. It was a mistake anyone could have made, and it did spur some good posts on experiences of being left out, excluded, and or ostracized, for what ever reasons may be. God bless.

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, LadyKay said:

I think we've all done things like that.  :)

• Thumbs Up 1