IGNORED

Christians: How much did you reject the Gospel before becoming a Christian?

Responding to the Gospel  

17 members have voted

1. 1. How much did you reject the gospel before becoming a Christian?

• I became a Christian the first time I heard it.
    • I rejected it a few times before I became a Christian.
    • I rejected it several times before I became a Christian.
  2. 2. How old were you when you became a Christian?

• Child
    • Adolescent
    • Young Adult
    • Middle Age Adult
    • Older Adult

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

I wasnt going to reply to this topic. I figured enough folks would reply and I didnt think I had anything of value to add.

But I couldnt stop thinking about it. Sooo here goes ...

I had been in a lutheran church growing up but I didnt believe. Mom insisted I get confirmed but towards the end of all of those classes I didnt want to because I did not believe. The assistant pastor came out and asked me questions. He said you know the material. I said sure but I dont believe it. He said it doesnt matter. Just go through with it. It puzzled me because it seemed like they were worshipping a mere man. 

Atound the same time, a friend of mine told me that in the bible it said that Jesus said everyone believes in the same god, no matter what the name is (or something like that). She thought it was in acts. My grandma had given me a new testament so I read it over and over again, seeking out what my friend said was in the bible. I never found it. Instead of thinking hey my friend is wrong, I thought hey I just cant find it.

So I wandered off on my own. Looking to other religions especially native type religions. I got saved about 15ish years later when someone took me to a bible study. I asked God, so this is what you want me to believe, that He is Your Son? 

I cant begin to describe what happened next. After I got up off my knees, after I was done sobbing, after that whirlwind got through changing me, I came to awareness of all the changes in me, like I had been rewired. Oh this is a sin. Oh that is a truth. 

I know that all the times I read the bible and didnt believe the gospel message was spiritual blindness. A spiritually dead person cannot comprehend what the bible says.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 2

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,200
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Truly amazing stories/testimonies of God`s grace.

I was brought up in a Christian home and believed in Jesus as a young child. As a teenager I went to young people`s camps and was touched by the Lord. Then about 14 went to the Billy graham Crusade and went forward as a public declaration of my faith in the Lord.

Then when I was in my 20`s I went to the country to teach and got busy with my career, sport and flying. I didn`t realise it but I was putting the Lord on a shelf and doing my own thing. Then in my 30`s I realised that I needed to make Jesus the Lord of my life and not just accept Him as my saviour. Wow, the joy that came as I sought Him and His direction for my life. There has been many challenges, (as in all our lives) but the Lord He is faithful, tender-hearted and so merciful

Marilyn.  

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

My story is blessedly boring relatively speaking.  I grew up in a mainline protestant church.  When I was 12, we had a missionary speaker at a Lenten service.  I cannot recall anything he talked about. I just remember that he gave an altar call which was the first one I could ever remember hearing.  I felt this compulsion that I was supposed to go up.  I followed a prayer he lead me in, I wasn't sure what to expect, and I suddenly just felt God's presence inside me.

I kept going to church (though I was frustrated by what I saw as the mainline denomination's lack of spirituality).  Had an old UMC pastor who caused quite a ruckus when he gave me communion before I was confirmed because he knew I was saved.  I found a more evangelical denomination to be part of when I got to college.  I married a good Christian woman.  We've lived solid Christian lives and been active in various ministries since then.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

I embraced the Gospel the first time i read about it when i was in my early 20's ...

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

Saved as a child and best to my recollection. When I had the ability to reason (age of accountability), realized and believed that Jesus died for me personally because He loved me. When I finally thought about it and realized someone loved me enough to suffer and die in my place, I believed it, accepted the Gospel message and free gift of eternal Salvation and believed what Jesus had to say. I remember after children's Sunday School (early 1960's) my Sunday School teacher Miss Darlene Green leading me to the Lord in prayer. 

I had the advantage of having godly grandparents as role models that I loved and trusted the Lord, whom loved me and had my best interest at heart. When you see and realize someone confess and walk the walk for Christ and is an example of Christian living and faith, some of it rubbed off on me. 

• Thumbs Up 2