• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

32 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

The Word of God is the foundation of our minds and where a truth is stated in one place and in another a person claims an opposition to that stated truth earlier -the person is wrong! Harmony is truth and The Word of God stands all test of such.... 

It is not the "foundation of our minds" (perhaps find another way to say this?) 

and the truth is not known to everyone who claims to know the truth, 

nor is the Word of God accepted by most people at all.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

also your position on this violates what John the disciple says

You don't know my position.

Nothing you quoted shows anything I posted is violating or contradicting any Scripture.  

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  194

On 6/10/2019 at 2:07 PM, frienduff thaylorde said:

What on earth do you mean NONE OF us knows where we are going after death .

Amen. 

1 John 5:13

“These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.” 

• This is Worthy 2

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

18 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I must be getting closer to God, because the closer we get to God , the more aware we are of our sins .I don’t care if somebody has been a  Christian for 90 years —- the reaction to looking at our “ righteousness” before a Holy God , Should always be “ Woe is me”.....not “ Look how good I am now”. We are wretched the day we are saved , we will be wretched the day we die.Thank God for His Grace.The only thing that saved anyone.

As sin became exceeding sinful ,   as by grace I became aware of how evil sin is and how we are but wicked things ,  It led me Right to a real heart felt cry .

And that heart felt cry was this ,  OH LORD save me from the wretched filthy evil of my own flesh .     HE HEARD and HE GIVES power OVER THAT WICKED FLESH .

I was not led to Christ in a church nor by man .    it is true I had heard the gospel before .    But on the day of the beginning of grace

I was no where near a church .    I was in my own house and the stirring of grace begin within .    And HOW do we know its truly the grace of GOD

and not the work of men ,   IT DID the changing .  GOD put all new desires RIGHT INTO MY HEART with a Double portion to SEEK ONLY HIM .

The grace of GOD does what no man can .   IT puts the  TRUTH on the INWARD PARTS .  

Grace led me to this simple understanding RIGHT HERE .     Their would be no goodness in me , IF GOD were not IN ME .   

The only goodness and righteous and the desire to walk rightoues and ability to walk righteous , IS FROM GOD alone .

But IF HE is at work IN US ,    We aint walking in willfull sin , making excuse and justifying and making claims that ,  OH it don't matter if I sin

I am saved no matter if I walk like a hog or not .  THAT MINDSET DOES NOT EXIST in a truly born again built up Christian .

For JESUS IS THE POWER , HIS BLOOD is the POWER and HIS SPIRIT giveth all new desires and the abilty to walk LIKE HE DID .

But we better FOLLOW the SPIRIT and die daily .     For If a man continues NOT in the grace of GOD , IN CHRIST ,   Their end is gonna be ugly .

FOLLOW the LAMB and let all who name the name OF JESUS , depart from inquity .  Let them awake to RIGHTEOUSNESS and SIN NOT .

IF we don't believe there is true power in CHRIST to BE YE HOLY ,  we aer in dire trouble and trust HIM NOT .   And are heading in a very dangerous direction .

NOW LET all CRY ALOUD , OH LORD stop my feet from any evil path .    Keep my eyes from beholding lusts .   

THE LORD hears all prayers that are according to HIS WILL .

AND It is NOT HIS WILL that we do sin .   SO FOLKS , START PRAYING .   And keep those bodies under subjection , taking heed unto thself and unto the true sound doctrine . 

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

6 hours ago, turtletwo said:

Amen. 

1 John 5:13

“These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.” 

EXACTLY SISTER .     EXACTLY .     If we don't trust IN HIS SALVATION ,  then we Are in serious trouble .   For a man does not save himself by his own mind .

IT IS the DOING of the LORD and its called the grace of GOD , the gift given us IN CHRIST .     Now , let all continue IN HIM ,  BY Grace and be faithful unto death .

HE will supply all we NEED ,      ONLY unto HIM we better HEED .

Hows that for TRUTH with a rhyme .      IN us we cant , BUT IN HIM WE CAN .  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,186
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

7 hours ago, simplejeff said:

You don't know my position.

Nothing you quoted shows anything I posted is violating or contradicting any Scripture.  

You stand against OSAS doctrine

53 minutes ago, Cletus said:

thats a good place to be standing since the bible does say apostasy is possible.  do you believe what the bible says? 

If you wish to position yourself on self reliance... and this is what will happen to born again child that is in such a state

1 Cor 3:13-15

13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
KJV

not having works that remain are works of the flesh (self reliance) for they shall not be accepted

Gal 2:16

16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
KJV

and that portion of the man would be considered apostate, living in flesh, working with this world thinking it will yield eternal results... yet the man will by the same fire be found accepted.  No one gets through into heaven by anything of this place: works, words, anything it is by Christ alone not of works just as God has clearly stated...

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Cletus said:

interesting how when mention of scripture you either do not like and/or contradicts what doctrine you believe, you immediately begin to employ the tactic of misdirection.  You know who else changes the topic when it dont suit them?... my two year old daughter.  I have a video of her when i was trying to get her to do this dance she does, and she got this look on her face and began to point and talk about her dinosaur toy.  its a real funny video.  she just wont dance on camera. 

the bible says apostasy is possible, and warns against it.  full stop.  nothing about self reliance. you either believe what the bible says, or you do not. 

It would have been better had you said nothing especially with this drivel...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

On 6/13/2019 at 10:08 AM, enoob57 said:

The Word of God is the foundation of our minds and where a truth is stated in one place and in another a person claims an opposition to that stated truth earlier -the person is wrong! Harmony is truth and The Word of God stands all test of such.... 

I'm not sure you have a good truthful point... possible i may be missing the point your trying to make.

Jesus came to a generation that knew the Words of God, spoke the words of God, thought they were living right by the Word of God but totally misinterpreted the character of God and the meaning of his written words.

They were applying Gods word in ways totally appualing  to God. They had twisted the meaning so much to make God into something from their understanding based on their fallen nature. Jesus articulated they had made the misrepresintation so distored they did not even know God.

They tortured and killed Christ cause they thought he was the one perverting the meaning of God's Word and thought he was guilty of blasphemy. So they killed the living Word of God because they liked what they made out of The Word of God better then "The Truth".

If a person is not born again and does not have Gods Holy Spirit teaching and correcting them and does not have Christ in them  helping them to know God. They are just using the Word of God to make a false God in there own sinful image and people that do not know God will accept and agree with false Gods and false teachings and Will misapply Gods word in ways that are appualing to God.

Because their false teachings are comforting to the flesh and help people absolve their guilt of Sin with out the work of Christ in them. Or they can pridefully Lord them self as superior of others.

Plus they can justify the fruit of the works of flesh like sloth, lust, greed, anger, pride, envy and gluttony using Gods Words but then twisting the meanings without rightly dividing the Word of God and appling it to produce the rightouess works of Salvation God prepared for us long ago. 

Edited by Reinitin
  • Praise God! 1

20 hours ago, enoob57 said:

You stand against OSAS doctrine

That has nothing to do with previous posts you erred concerning.