IGNORED

Heaven's language - Will we all understand one another?

mlbrokish

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  194

16 hours ago, Rebecca Pickles said:

I also think we'll be called by a different name. I don't think my name will be Rebecca up there.

@Rebecca Pickles :) When I read this, the following scripture came to mind. “To the one who is victorious, I will give some of the hidden manna. I will also give that person a white stone with a new name written on it, known only to the one who receives it” (Revelation 2:17).

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  956
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,616
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

"Now the whole earth had one language and the same words.  And as people migrated from the east, they found a plain in the land of Shinar and settled there. And they said to one another, “Come, let us make bricks, and burn them thoroughly.” And they had brick for stone, and bitumen for mortar.  Then they said, “Come, let us build ourselves a city and a tower with its top in the heavens, and let us make a name for ourselves, lest we be dispersed over the face of the whole earth.”  And the Lord came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of man had built.  And the Lord said, “Behold, they are one people, and they have all one language, and this is only the beginning of what they will do. And nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.  Come, let us go down and there confuse their language, so that they may not understand one another's speech.”  So the Lord dispersed them from there over the face of all the earth, and they left off building the city.  Therefore its name was called Babel, because there the Lord confused the language of all the earth. And from there the Lord dispersed them over the face of all the earth." - Genesis 11

Seems interesting to me to see, "and the same words". One language and the same words

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Michael37 said:

I believe communication in heaven will not be of the earthly vocal nature which is reliant on sound waves through space and physical auditory senses, but spiritually supernatural and void of any imperfection so that it is impossible for God's people to be hindered by language problems.

I think I will hear the voice of my Shepherd, recognize it and follow Him, and He will know me too.  Seems to me each of us will be as unique for all eternity to come as each are unique in the flesh. God will know every single part  of me,  then as now, and also of every living thing for that matter.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

On 6/21/2019 at 6:24 AM, turtletwo said:

@Rebecca Pickles :) When I read this, the following scripture came to mind. “To the one who is victorious, I will give some of the hidden manna. I will also give that person a white stone with a new name written on it, known only to the one who receives it” (Revelation 2:17).

Geesh I am in a silly mood and mode. When I read your post I had a vision.

The Good Shepherd ( Make it Peter if one is Roman Catholic)  calling out to the masses gathered at Heaven's gate.

"When I call your name raise your hand so I can see you, recognize you, and let you in!" 

"Billie, Billy Barty."  "Is there a Billy Barty?" Com'n raise your hand high in the crowd now, or forever..."

• Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,479
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

17 hours ago, Rebecca Pickles said:

I have been thinking about this very thing so much lately. Including today.

I think, myself, that there will be a Heavenly language. I also think we'll be called by a different name. I don't think my name will be Rebecca up there. I also can't imagine us all talking in our worldly native language, ie; English. Our languages are a man-made invention, and everything up there will be God created.

Love,

Becky. X

This is a very interesting topic to ponder, reason and discuss. Naturally, I have my own thoughts based on my hermeneutic view of scripture; and may not be correct but, this is what my mind pictures. I'll try not too be long winded.

Our eternal home will not be in Heaven, but on the New Earth and New Jerusalem; Heaven will come to Earth. Everything will be restored as God intended it to be from Adam & Eve in the Garden of Eden. So, it appears everything is going to be restored; or what was in the beginning of creation before the fall. Most reputable scholars maintain Hebrew was the original language until the Tower of Babel (confusion). Genesis 11:1 (KJV) And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech. Genesis 11:6 (KJV) And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do. Zephaniah 3:9 (KJV) For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the LORD, to serve him with one consent. The Lord is not the author of confusion: 1 Corinthians 14:33 (KJV) For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

The Lord stated that when Israel returned home from the very last diaspora (May 14, 1948); the original extinct language would return along with the ancient measures. Today, the extinct ancient language of Hebrew is their official language; and the 'Shekel' is the monetary unit of modern Israel. Consider what Solomon had to say:

Ecclesiastes 1:9 (KJV) The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

I believe Hebrew is the most accurate, pure and precise language ever know to man. The Lord knows our thoughts and our minds; if there is a verbal / written language, I personally suspect it will be Hebrew and we will learn it.

A new name: If you notice, about every proper personal Hebrew name translation in the Old Testament; gives a tidbit of accurate information on that individual. How did all those parents know what to name their children? Personally I think it is God working behind the scene. As we know; the Apostle Paul's name was changed from Saul (requested) to Paul (little) by the Lord.

Based on the following two verses of scripture; it appears to me we will also have a name change?

Revelation 2:17 (KJV) He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

Revelation 3:12 (KJV) Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Just some thoughts I've pondered...

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  532
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/10/1972

41 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

Our eternal home will not be in Heaven, but on the New Earth and New Jerusalem; Heaven will come to Earth. Everything will be restored as God intended it to be from Adam & Eve in the Garden of Eden. So, it appears everything is going to be restored; or what was in the beginning of creation before the fall.

I had actually pondered this idea at one time also, but since I am not well-versed or know a lot about the bible, I wasn't prepared to back up my ideas.  Thank you!

8 hours ago, Michael37 said:

Hi mlbrokish,

I believe communication in heaven will not be of the earthly vocal nature which is reliant on sound waves through space and physical auditory senses, but spiritually supernatural and void of any imperfection so that it is impossible for God's people to be hindered by language problems.

Rev 22:1-4
(1)  And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
(2)  In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
(3)  And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:
(4)  And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.

Interesting, I never thought of it that way? The picture I have in my mind is:

The old Earth is going to be purified and cleansed by fire and be made anew. Our eternal home is going to be here on Earth in the New Jerusalem, Heaven is coming to Earth. I picture a lush and beautiful scene as it was in the beginning in the Garden of Eden, the way God intended it to be before the fall. I picture an atmosphere enriched in oxygen and a decline of solar radiation; allowing all plant life (less thorns, thistles, mosquito's, ticks, fleas, chiggers, etc.) to thrive and grow exceedingly large; a perfect environment, therefore an atmosphere must be needed?

Light is an amazing thing. In the light spectrum, our human eyes can only see an infinitesimal portion of its entire wave length; we can't see into the supernatural realm and who knows exactly how much we are currently limited to see? 

1 Corinthians 2:9 (KJV) But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

In our glorified bodies, might we be able to see musical notes coming off of instruments, smell and taste the millions of colors, hear flowers singing??? I personally believe it's a return to, redemption of, and continuation of what it was like before sin entered the world with all curses removed. Just my thoughts...

30 minutes ago, mlbrokish said:

I had actually pondered this idea at one time also, but since I am not well-versed or know a lot about the bible, I wasn't prepared to back up my ideas.  Thank you!

I like discussing the Lord's word, I learn a lot by reading the Word, studying and discussing it with other Christians. As always, my comments are based on my personal interpretations of scripture and many will have a different view or understanding. In my opinion; personal prayer, discernment and rightly dividing God's word are tools we need in our studies. The Word of God and the Holy Spirit speaks to us individually and personally as we read and study His word. I pray and ask the Lord to lead and guide me, give me knowledge, wisdom and understanding as I read and study His word. :amen:

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,967
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

11 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Interesting, I never thought of it that way? The picture I have in my mind is:

The old Earth is going to be purified and cleansed by fire and be made anew. Our eternal home is going to be here on Earth in the New Jerusalem, Heaven is coming to Earth. I picture a lush and beautiful scene as it was in the beginning in the Garden of Eden, the way God intended it to be before the fall. I picture an atmosphere enriched in oxygen and a decline of solar radiation; allowing all plant life (less thorns, thistles, mosquito's, ticks, fleas, chiggers, etc.) to thrive and grow exceedingly large; a perfect environment, therefore an atmosphere must be needed?

Light is an amazing thing. In the light spectrum, our human eyes can only see an infinitesimal portion of its entire wave length; we can't see into the supernatural realm and who knows exactly how much we are currently limited to see? 

1 Corinthians 2:9 (KJV) But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

In our glorified bodies, might we be able to see musical notes coming off of instruments, smell and taste the millions of colors, hear flowers singing??? I personally believe it's a return to, redemption of, and continuation of what it was like before sin entered the world with all curses removed. Just my thoughts...

Yes, Dennis1209. I ponder that there will be no night, no sea, and no suffering. Also these references when it comes to what we may hear ~

2Co 12:2-4

(2) I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago--whether in the body I do not know, or whether out of the body I do not know, God knows--such a one was caught up to the third heaven.

(3) And I know such a man--whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows--

(4) that he was caught up into Paradise and heard unspeakable words, which it is not permitted (exesti  ou) for a man to utter.

1Co 13:1
(1)  Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

Whatever language, we will be fluent.

• Thumbs Up 1