IGNORED

Few are chosen

Guest Shilo

Guest Jipsah
I always believed in Free Will theory, but now I worry about it not being so.
I wouldn't worry that it isn't so, I worry that it was.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  189
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Did it ever dawn on anyone that it is not that God chose us by some random act. But that He actually knows the beginning and the end which would mean He knows ahead of time who will accept Him and who will reject Him. In that He puts us as evangelicals in the spots to tell those He already knows will listen. To that effect all we have to do is simply tell the truth of the gospel to those around us and let God take care of the rest. I don't believe in predetermination, what I believe is God knows the outcome already. He knows from the womb the condition of our hearts at death.

Love in Christ

Teri

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

well said  :thumb:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Okay Jipsah, if that's the way it really is, then why did God create those that have no chance whatsoever of getting to heaven? Does He think less of them or not love them as much?

Guest Jipsah
Okay Jipsah, if that's the way it really is, then why did God create those that have no chance whatsoever of getting to heaven? Does He think less of them or not love them as much?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  444
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

I think I have an answer...

God wants us to choose him despite ourselves. If there were no temptations, there would be no choice, our "hands would be forced." Most of what God tells us goes against our nature. He tells us not to do the things that if we were left to our own designs we'd probably end up doing.

I like to compare it to my father asking me to cut the grass. I don't want to do, I don't like doing it, but I reluctantly agree to it. However, for God, this isn't good enough! He wants us to do the things we don't want to do, and like it! So, my response to dad would be, "Golly gee dad, can I really cut the grass?!?!? Can I trim the hedges, wash the cars, and paint all of the rooms in the house too!"

We are to obey God because he knows what is best for us, but he wants us to obey him because we choose to, not because we have to. If the tree, Satan, and his demons were not created, we would have no temptations, we would have no choice but to follow God.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

Munari,

He wants us to do the things we don't want to do, and like it!

I came from a religion where I had to do things I didn't want to and "like it"...........  I HATED IT!!!

I prefer to think God puts in us the desire to do His will once we surrender our life to Him.

I'm doing things I never thought I'd do and LOVING IT!

It's not about rules and regulations, it's about having a renewed mind, the mind of Christ, that only God can give us.  Our righteousness is like filthy rags.  God doesn't want us to do any works except the works that He works through us to further the kingdom.   :angel:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  444
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Word,

I'm also speaking of sin in that quote you quoted from me. He wants us to give up sin, which we all want to do, but due to our weakness, we give in. And, if sin was not enjoyable at some level, we would not commit sin.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

Munari,

He loves us enough to accept us with our sin---but, too much to leave us that way.

The more we become like Christ, the less we like sin.  It's a process of drawing closer to Him, that He works in us.  It's all evidence of the faith that we have (that by the way, He puts in us)

I see your point but I think a lot of christians are disheartened in trying to do "good"  we can't do it!  God promises to give us the mind of Christ.  With that we will hate sin.  It is a process and one we won't complete until He comes.

:angel: