• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  667
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0

On 7/6/2019 at 3:23 AM, existential mabel said:

somehow i need to rest in the Lord when the storms keep coming. so maybe i have a lack of faith then? or is it the enemy,?

Existential Mabel,

For some reason the first thing that came to my mind was not lack of faith but to "growing your faith".  I can tell you that God has grown my faith through personal trials. Each trial I have gone through has truly grown my faith and trust in the Lord each time. In fact, it was a big major trial that even brought me to the Lord in the first place.  I reread your initial post again and this anxious states seems to be focused on events that have been happening in the world and secondly, I noticed that you stated that you are made out to be the bad guy. Do you think the opinions of those who are hearing about what you are going through are adding to your anxious state?

Proverbs: 18:2 "A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion."

Many times, it is always easier for someone to state his opinion and hurt others without taking the care to understanding what they are going through. God knows this, which is why His words are filled with so much wisdom as in Proverbs.

Yesterday at our church, our Pastor spoke about the recent earthquake we had on July 4th & 5th.  He said it was his own opinion but he couldn't help but feel that these earthquakes was God's own rumbling over our sinful culture and the way our world is moving.  I wholeheartedly agree, since earthquakes come from God.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,149
  • Content Per Day:  1.05

Wow lovethelord this is amazing in regards to, growing your faith, as when I look at all the things I am doing and have been doing for the longest time and never really seeming to get much if any fruit and if I have its been quite fleeting.

Yeah me too in regards to coming to the Lord. In hindsight I realise that the Lord had been slowly drawing me out of what I was into before I was a Christian I say this and yet really I did go to church up to the age of 23 and then I refused point blanc to go anymore.

Many thanks for the words of wisdom

Edited by existential mabel

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

On 7/6/2019 at 3:23 AM, existential mabel said:

somehow i need to rest in the Lord when the storms keep coming. so maybe i have a lack of faith then? or is it the enemy,? seeing as i am pressing into the bible. or is it a chemical imbalance? or all three?

On 7/7/2019 at 10:20 AM, existential mabel said:

yes having the space between 'episodes' to look at scripture i am working on being able to do this whilst in an 'episode'

34 minutes ago, existential mabel said:

I realise that the Lord had been slowly drawing me out of what I was into before I was a Christian I say this and yet really I did go to church up to the age of 23 and then I refused point blanc to go anymore.

I felt very on edge about it as I took it to the next level of what if this what if that.

These are just some thoughts that were gleaned and edited from by all appearances look like excellent blogging indeed. Quite a lot of it was easily related, and seem similar to post traumatic stress disorder, PTSD. I also suffer from this, and understand these feelings. It could be a lack of serotonin, also known as 5-HT. Lots of ways to naturally increase the levels of it, and you are doing several to mention. Just a couple of possibilities out there for consideration. You're in my thoughts and prayers. All the Lord's best to you, Mabel. God bless.

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  667
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

Existential Mabel, 

Now i get it, I thought the people who were making you feel like the bad guy, were not being sensitive to the amount of anxiety you were feeling.  It sounds like you've been under some stress working with the contractors which could possibly be magnifying your anxiety.  What do you think?  In any case, when you make decisions about anything trust your "gut".  Everyone has had someone let us down at one time or another or not follow through on agreed plans.  Just remind yourself you kept your integrity in this instance and did you agreed upon part.  Everytime you follow through on agreeing something with someone and you did it, you just build up strength of character.  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

On 7/4/2019 at 12:23 PM, existential mabel said:

i would like to do my own blogg i think rather than take to the boards and i have no idea how to lol. so this is the next best.

each day my senses are assaulted by all kinds of negative and disturbing and crazy worldly events and local events. and i am really finding it tough going.

tried to talk to someone today but who wants to listen to my anxiety etc. and anyway i am a Christian and i should just turn to the Lord. i feel like everything is against me, now i have not felt like that before. so i have spent the day trying to park it all and keep calm.

even simple things are getting twisted and i am made out to be the bad guy. there is just so much

Use blogger. All you need is a gmail and share the link to your posts unless you want to do a web site with blogs. Create a profile in all your local directories and social media in your blogger name.. do a you tube channel and a Google plus in your blogs name and use the keywords of topic you want people searching for in your title, first paragraph and a couple places in the article. Its pretty easy after you set up.. all you have to do is blog seo consciously and share it on all social media account and directory profiles. You can also submit them to Christian online magazines and blog spots for publishing if your writing Christian articles. The more you and people share the links the better your search ranking will be. If you do a website you have to do some webmaster work for visibility. So using a blogging website is better unless you have tech skill or money to pay someone.

Edited by Reinitin

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

On 7/5/2019 at 1:23 AM, existential mabel said:

i would like to do my own blogg i think rather than take to the boards and i have no idea how to lol. so this is the next best.

each day my senses are assaulted by all kinds of negative and disturbing and crazy worldly events and local events. and i am really finding it tough going.

tried to talk to someone today but who wants to listen to my anxiety etc. and anyway i am a Christian and i should just turn to the Lord. i feel like everything is against me, now i have not felt like that before. so i have spent the day trying to park it all and keep calm.

even simple things are getting twisted and i am made out to be the bad guy. there is just so much

Hello, I'm sorry to hear about your experience. You have been given a host of good ideas to manage this anxiety. I think however most of it was physical in nature. So taking trips, or listening to music only offers your temporary relief. Jesus Christ is able to pull out your problem by it's roots. I want you to know 2 things. Curses are real, and Jesus Christ has the authority to break every curse (Read Galatians 3:13). Appropriate it, and receive your release in Jesus' name. Firstly, renounce all known sin, even ask for forgiveness for the sins of your parents/grand parents. Generational curses are real. Many Christians endure curses instead of walking in God's freedom. He came to give life and give it more abundantly. Above all things He wants us to prosper even as our soul prospers and be in good health. Good health includes your mental health. You have to stand on His Word here. Jesus suffered on the cross to offer you freedom from anxiety. It's already paid for, go and collect it. If you are hungry, and your mother has paid for bread at the store, only for you ti pick it up, will you stay hunger or carry in your receipt? You were paid for by the blood of Jesus. So go and uproot your anxiety by its roots, and be free. Because who the son sets free is free indeed.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,149
  • Content Per Day:  1.05

20 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

These are just some thoughts that were gleaned and edited from by all appearances look like excellent blogging indeed. Quite a lot of it was easily related, and seem similar to post traumatic stress disorder, PTSD. I also suffer from this, and understand these feelings. It could be a lack of serotonin, also known as 5-HT. Lots of ways to naturally increase the levels of it, and you are doing several to mention. Just a couple of possibilities out there for consideration. You're in my thoughts and prayers. All the Lord's best to you, Mabel. God bless.

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles 

how strange i dont have ptsd. and i had a run in with 5HTP it nearly was the finish of me. i had a severe and sudden reation to it and had it investigated had a suspected  TiA and had a scan which was very truamatic.

thats the rub really regardiing serotonin, as i believe and i did challenge the doc, as she dismissed it as anxiety,i did a little research and discovered that it most likely was a serotonin overload which is fairly dangerous. that was the second time i had it in only 4 months.

so how can that be i wonder i am totally perplexed and confused by it all so now i wont take any meds now riding bare back these days. so regarding the serotonin i cant really go anywhere with it as the risk of having another ....

19 hours ago, lovethelord said:

Existential Mabel, 

Now i get it, I thought the people who were making you feel like the bad guy, were not being sensitive to the amount of anxiety you were feeling.  It sounds like you've been under some stress working with the contractors which could possibly be magnifying your anxiety.  What do you think?  In any case, when you make decisions about anything trust your "gut".  Everyone has had someone let us down at one time or another or not follow through on agreed plans.  Just remind yourself you kept your integrity in this instance and did you agreed upon part.  Everytime you follow through on agreeing something with someone and you did it, you just build up strength of character.  

yes indeed and today i met another neighbour in the street and they have a complaint against these c0ntractors as well so that helped me feel a little better!

these are gardening contractors, who are understaffed and as a result leave everywhere looking a mess my 5 year old great nephew could do a better job. yeah so all that preable about how they were going to do the job was wasted and i managed not to ruminate about it too much so that is progress!

19 hours ago, Reinitin said:

Use blogger. All you need is a gmail and share the link to your posts unless you want to do a web site with blogs. Create a profile in all your local directories and social media in your blogger name.. do a you tube channel and a Google plus in your blogs name and use the keywords of topic you want people searching for in your title, first paragraph and a couple places in the article. Its pretty easy after you set up.. all you have to do is blog seo consciously and share it on all social media account and directory profiles. You can also submit them to Christian online magazines and blog spots for publishing if your writing Christian articles. The more you and people share the links the better your search ranking will be. If you do a website you have to do some webmaster work for visibility. So using a blogging website is better unless you have tech skill or money to pay someone.

oooooh noooooooo sounds fairly complicated and stressful lol. but thanks for taking the time to respond though at least i know that is not an option for me lol

14 hours ago, DailyBreadBlog said:

Hello, I'm sorry to hear about your experience. You have been given a host of good ideas to manage this anxiety. I think however most of it was physical in nature. So taking trips, or listening to music only offers your temporary relief. Jesus Christ is able to pull out your problem by it's roots. I want you to know 2 things. Curses are real, and Jesus Christ has the authority to break every curse (Read Galatians 3:13). Appropriate it, and receive your release in Jesus' name. Firstly, renounce all known sin, even ask for forgiveness for the sins of your parents/grand parents. Generational curses are real. Many Christians endure curses instead of walking in God's freedom. He came to give life and give it more abundantly. Above all things He wants us to prosper even as our soul prospers and be in good health. Good health includes your mental health. You have to stand on His Word here. Jesus suffered on the cross to offer you freedom from anxiety. It's already paid for, go and collect it. If you are hungry, and your mother has paid for bread at the store, only for you ti pick it up, will you stay hunger or carry in your receipt? You were paid for by the blood of Jesus. So go and uproot your anxiety by its roots, and be free. Because who the son sets free is free indeed.

i have d0ne the Neil T Anderson work on those very topics. ah actually that reminds me i need to pop into prayer section next...