• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

8 minutes ago, Spock said:

My response is simply this out of the Word.....

1 Samuel 16:7

But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."

Indeed, the Lord looks at the heart, it is where the issues of life is.   Paul on teaching the women on Church attire, admonishes them about wearing of jewelry and such as to not draw attention, so this these body tatoos are of a similar nature IMO.  

1 Corinthians 11 King James Version (KJV)

For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.

For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

6 hours ago, Firm Foundation said:

Peter's vision in Acts tells us the reason for dietary laws.  Food doesn't defile our temple, and pork that is cooked properly is healthy.  Cigarettes would harm your temple and defile it.

Okay FF....on this we can find agreement. 

I agree, food doesn’t defile us although it can put us at risk  with high cholesterol if we don’t eat in moderation. 

And yes, cigarettes can also harm us by polluting our lungs. This reminds me of something Solomon said.....people can cause their own premature death. 

But.....I don’t see how tattoos can harm ones health. (Staying on topic) 

35 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

Indeed, the Lord looks at the heart, it is where the issues of life is.   Paul on teaching the women on Church attire, admonishes them about wearing of jewelry and such as to not draw attention, so this these body tatoos are of a similar nature IMO.  

1 Corinthians 11 King James Version (KJV)

For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.

For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.

I’ve done study on that passage you cited in Corinthians....start another thread and I will share on it.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

32 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

What is the use of inking your body which is the temple of God.  I am not against anyone who do such, but to use an analogy, why do evangelical Churches not hang painting and objects of attention in their property.  Is it not to keep the temple in a state that has some reverence and purity.  Should not our bodies be of a similar stature.  And while we are there, the bible does say a woman should cover her head when prophesying and most get around it with silly excuses and reference to it, and well throw your stones now, I am back to chores. :sad030:

I wear a scarf part of the time in church. I feel I should. I do not make an issue that others have to. 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Spock said:

My response is simply this out of the Word.....

1 Samuel 16:7

But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."

How very fortunate I am that He and He alone looks at my heart. 

• This is Worthy 1

54 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

I wear only cotton clothes. 

Only because I cant stand the feel of synthetics. I feel suffocated in them. They. Dont. Breathe.

I do not do it because of the old testament law.

I don’t mind some 40% polyester in my shirts so I don’t have to iron them. As you know, 100% cotton means WRINKLES GALORE!  Ugh!  After all, I have to look good out on the golf course...?

• Haha 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, Spock said:

I’ve done study on that passage you cited in Corinthians....and it seems like some of the Corinthian women were once Temple prostitutes and I believe had shaved their heads. 

Anyhow, this was a letter by Paul to address specific going on in Corinth. I would advise caution about making full blown doctrine that applies to all generations to all people. Sometimes these letters are specific to,that time. Food sacrificed to idols comes to my mind first.

I would think that verse 7 gives the reason and has nothing to do with temple prostitutes.   

Anyway, I hope my response is within the topic and if not I will move on if anyone objects to my reasoning in referencing head coverings and women dress when in church.

3 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

How very fortunate I am that He and He alone looks at my heart. 

?❤️

25 minutes ago, Spock said:

Okay FF....on this we can find agreement. 

I agree, food doesn’t defile us although it can put us at risk  with high cholesterol if we don’t eat in moderation. 

And yes, cigarettes can also harm us by polluting our lungs. This reminds me of something Solomon said.....people can cause their own premature death. 

But.....I don’t see how tattoos can harm ones health. (Staying on topic) 

Actually there is a disadvantage to tats that can be harmful to ones health. (I am not saying someone is in sin if they have or get any tattoos though.) Certain colors in tattoos make it quite difficult to get an mri. Red especially. So if you end up needing an mri and you have a tattoo ... you are in some difficulty.

• Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Just a comment here, though opting out quite a few pages back. The only mark on the body that one would have due concern, would be the mark of the Beast. Now, I realize that in theory it will be a microchip and not an actual tattoo. But, it's also difficult to imagine authorities running around with handy scanners to ID everyone. It seems to reason, the identification should readily be seen. Just a thought. Here's something to note...

Chargma - The Mark in Mark of the Beast. The Greek word for mark is chargma. Strong's Concordance defines chargma as "a scratch or etching", "a badge of servitude", "graven", and finally "mark". Strong's also notes that chargma is directly related to the Greek word charax, which means "to sharpen to a point" and also describes "a stake".