Sign in to follow this  
JoeCanada

4 Christians Executed in Burkina Faso for Wearing Cross Necklaces

The point I was trying to make is - are you allowed to defend yourself or do you have to give your life for any circumstance , Bible proof please

8 minutes ago, nzkev said:

Yes but sometimes you cant. Have you tried to imagine hitting the right cheek, I believe every word has a purpose and increases the meaning, Right cheek is making a point, So if appropriate remove yourself but sometimes stand

The key is not to take vengeance or retaliate....that is, getting even with someone who wronged you.   There might be a time when one must protect oneself and even use physical force to do so, but that is not being vengeful.   That is simply protecting oneself.

Yea i think I know what you mean but my point is you cant make a rule you can never defend yourself? I think we agree?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, nzkev said:

Yea i think I know what you mean but my point is you cant make a rule you can never defend yourself? I think we agree?

Yes, I agree.   God forbid someone tries to kidnap a person, etc....well, you need to fight them off as best you can.

4 minutes ago, Debp said:

Yes, I agree.   God forbid someone tries to kidnap a person, etc....well, you need to fight them off as best you can.

So thats what i was tring to get to the bottom of, They cant say you can never do it, and if they do say it, should you stay quiet.....

I dont want to ruffle feathers but You cant teach you have to die no matter what comes, surely this crosses the line

I am keen to learn

• Loved it! 1

You can protect yourself by running away. You can hide. You can escape. But no violence.

And after that many days were fulfilled, the Jews took counsel to kill him: But their laying await was known of Saul. And they watched the gates day and night to kill him. Then the disciples took him by night, and let him down by the wall in a basket. — Acts‬ ‭9:23-25‬

And all they in the synagogue, when they heard these things, were filled with wrath, And rose up, and thrust him out of the city, and led him unto the brow of the hill whereon their city was built, that they might cast him down headlong. But he passing through the midst of them went his way — ‭Luke‬ ‭4:28-30‬

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, pg4Him said:

You can protect yourself by running away.

Buy a sword and run away....

Edited by nzkev

Posted (edited)

The apostles escaped from prison in such a way that no one was hurt. 

And laid their hands on the apostles, and put them in the common prison. But the angel of the Lord by night opened the prison doors, and brought them forth, and said, Go, stand and speak in the temple to the people all the words of this life. — ‭Acts‬ ‭5:18-20‬

Paul saved the lives of his enemies and captors when their lives were in peril. He did this with the jailor whom Frienduff mentioned earlier, and he also did it during the shipwreck in Acts 27.

We have no example in Scripture of a Christian being violent. Not for defense, protection, or stopping an enemy. The apostles spent so much time in prison because there was no violence resistance.

Edited by pg4Him

1 minute ago, nzkev said:

Buy a sword and run away....The example you used was Jesus Have you tried to do everything Jesus did?

I’m sorry, but the basket story was Paul.

Shall we look at more examples?

And when there was an assault made both of the Gentiles, and also of the Jews with their rulers, to use them despitefully, and to stone them, They were ware of it, and fled unto Lystra and Derbe, cities of Lycaonia, and unto the region that lieth round about — ‭Acts‬ ‭14:5-6‬

And there came thither certain Jews from Antioch and Iconium, who persuaded the people, and, having stoned Paul, drew him out of the city, supposing he had been dead. Howbeit, as the disciples stood round about him, he rose up, and came into the city: and the next day he departed with Barnabas to Derbe. —‭Acts‬ ‭14:19-20‬

I didnt say the basket story, But i knew you would jump on that, Luke‬ ‭4:28-30‬

Whats your point Be like Jesus or paul? You think you are?

Sign in to follow this