• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

11 minutes ago, Kristin said:

@JostlerI’m reading through this and I don’t repost because it’s tiresome to read through yards text. But you said something about God’s heavenly or angelic family didn’t love him. I wanted to point out 2/3 still do!  Just a thought. 

It is understandable that you come to this conclusion. But truth is we do not know how many elohim (sons of God) abandoned their posts. We do know that the 70 or so in His council were deposed, but there is NO definitive proof of how many. The Revelation text do not say anything other than stars fell. That is not enough evidence to base a doctrine on.

Edited by Justin Adams

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  16

18 minutes ago, Kristin said:

@JostlerI’m reading through this and I don’t repost because it’s tiresome to read through yards text. But you said something about God’s heavenly or angelic family didn’t love him. I wanted to point out 2/3 still do!  Just a thought. 

That was careless of me to leave the impression all rejected Him.  Thanks for correcting that  and reminding us of the faithful ones :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

42 minutes ago, Jostler said:

Big subject, but I think He did  raise up a  man like Michael Heiser to restore understanding of the OT worldview we've lost  over the  generations...because we need it to understand what is about to unfold.

I thinks so as well. Dr. Heiser is a brilliant scholar.

Our churchianity has lost the plot. Half do not even believe the scriptures they have, the other three quarters cannot add up and the rest think the fallen ones were sons of Seth - absolute nonsense. The poorly taught masses have had good books Like Enoch 1 and Jasher confined to the realms of superstition and somehow you will grow a thumb out of your forehead if you read them. The K??-only crowd call you false if you compare scripture versions, yet do not realize their version has become an idol to them. They miss so very much and will not listen to any kind of reason. Sad. Very sad.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 10 months later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  578
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Days Won:  0

I was thinking about this verse earlier. I think it's noteworthy that Peter says it is by the promises that we may be partakers of the divine nature. The divine nature is given by the Spirit, whereas the flesh in its Adamic nature inherits corruption.

In our Adamic nature, we are sinners and thus separated from God by our sinfulness. We cannot approach God in the filthiness of our flesh, because we cannot fulfill conditions to remain in His presence. But in the Spirit, we are no more servants but sons, as Paul says in Galatians. We are, like Isaac, the children of promise, not like the children born after the flesh. In the Spirit, we are sealed for the day of redemption, such that we can never separate ourselves or be eternally separated from God. The "earnest" of the Spirit (2 Cor 1:22, 5:5) is the pledge of God concerning our salvation.

With our salvation guaranteed and secure, we are able to able to be partakers of the divine nature. I believe partaking in the divine nature can be understood in terms of, for example, the baptism of Jesus wherein the Holy Spirit descended from heaven, and there was a voice from heaven: this is My beloved Son in Whom I am well pleased. Being in Christ, that statement applies to us who have received the Spirit of adoption. We are able to worship God in spirit and in truth (John 4:23-24), not carnally seeking to make ourselves accepted by God through our own righteousness.

The words of Jesus Christ are spirit and they are life (John 6:63). He speaks life into the spiritually dead (John 5:25), calling His own sheep by name (John 10:3), that we might enjoy intimate and loving fellowship with Him, in a union based solely upon His own righteousness and faithfulness and not upon our righteousness or faithfulness!

Edited by Don19

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  513
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,193
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Don19 said:

that we might enjoy intimate and loving fellowship with Him, in a union based solely upon His own righteousness and faithfulness and not upon our righteousness or faithfulness!

Such a blessing it is to know and experience, even in a small degree the enormity of this truth... 

Be blessed as this truth,  as He Himself, becomes more real and alive in us each and every day...

A fellow believer, Not me 

• Thanks 1