ayin jade

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

For everyone in agreement with canceling the funeral, is it because a gay man is attending or a gay man was asked to sing?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

The gay son was singing and it is presumed that his fiance would be attending. I assume the son would also be giving a few words. In all of this, it would appear to be condoning homosexuality if the funeral was held in that church. 

The father was not a current member or attendee of that church, so the church isnt really obligated to host it to begin with. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,938
  • Content Per Day:  3.06
  • Days Won:  1

If we welcome gay to church we can use God's word to make them repent, which they cannot find at other places. Pastor can use the gay's presence to rebuke him with the sermon.

Edited by R. Hartono

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41

57 minutes ago, Jayne said:

For everyone in agreement with canceling the funeral, is it because a gay man is attending or a gay man was asked to sing?

I think the church can’t allow open and obvious sin. We all understand everyone sins. But open and obvious can’t be allowed. We cannot be proud of our rebellion against Christ 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

6 hours ago, ayin jade said:

I saw this in the news today and Im curious what you all think. 

A man, I will call him fred, is dying and wishes to have 1) his funeral at the church he first attended and 2) have his son sing at the funeral. The son, jesse, made arrangements with the church for the funeral. The church later found out that the son will have his fiance with him. The fiance is another man. The church, a baptist church, canceled the funeral. 

There is some dispute about whether or not they outright canceled it or asked that the fiance not attend. Regardless, there is a huge backlash against the church and I suspect this could end up going to court. Which would mean that churches may lose the right to have any say in what goes on at their churches. 

Was the church correct in what they did? 

Personally I think the church was correct to cancel the funeral. 

Did the Father know that the son is homosexual and that his same sex fiancee would be singing with his son at the funeral? The father should have put that in writing. Yes, it could go to court. The homosexual community is very powerful now in this world. We all know what happened with the bakeries. The acceptance for homosexuality has not always been this out in the open. 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

3 hours ago, Kristin said:

Jayne I agree it seems harsh. However; the father was a CHRISTIAN and now dead. Churches must follow the Word of God. They must. This son may come to the Lord because this is a hard thing. We can’t baby and coddle people into damnation. There comes a point to love them enough to show them the truth. IMO

How do you know the father was a Christian? Just because he attended a Church did not make him a Christian. 

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

5 minutes ago, Kristin said:

I think the church can’t allow open and obvious sin. We all understand everyone sins. But open and obvious can’t be allowed. We cannot be proud of our rebellion against Christ 

But you didn't answer my question.  Are you saying the funeral should be cancelled because a gay man is in attendance and relative of the deceased or because a gay man was asked to sing?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,938
  • Content Per Day:  3.06

19 minutes ago, Kristin said:

Imho gays r given chance to repent, we all r sinners, the church can show their sin, it doesnt mean the church approve LGBT by all means.

12 minutes ago, Jayne said:

But you didn't answer my question.  Are you saying the funeral should be cancelled because a gay man is in attendance and relative of the deceased or because a gay man was asked to sing?

I think the church has an obligation to follow the Word of God. Open and obvious rebellion against the Word is wrong. Now I admit I’m no saint, but I’m ashamed of my sin not proud of it. The church must condemn sin because Christ did. That man can sing somewhere else for his dad. IMO

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, R. Hartono said:

Imho gays r given chance to repent, we all r sinners, the church can show their sin, it doesnt mean the church approve LGBT by all means.

I disagree. When we are proud of sin we hurt the Body. IMO I will add I’d be shocked if that man repented by singing for his dad. 

I don’t mean to sound cruel. The homosexual lifestyle is confusing to me. But I notice it is a prideful sin and the church should expose it not tolerate it. The church should not tolerate any sin. Especially ones people are proud of!  IMO

Edited by Kristin
  • Thumbs Up 1