• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/02/1976

Worship Is Verb ! 

Are you worshiper ? In recent generation everything is getting update and this affected to worship pattern.  Whenever I go to worship the Lord almighty God, I remember the first commandment that you should not have any other god before me. 

I would like to share here a simple thought. that is.....except God if we give more priority to anything that would be not called to worship GOD.  Today Churches look inside and outside is become more than a concert place. where people go to see people who are on the stage and musician to listen their music. 

I want to learn here.  Can't you worship God without disco light or heavy rock music. 

Come, oh heave laden "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Mathew : 11:28 (NIV). I am grateful to God who used me to lead worship and i have seen many believers getting in side the church with burden. that forced me to lead worship to help them to come in Gods presence and speak to God at the end. 

God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.” (John: 4:24) NIV.

Thank you.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

Worship is important but I was only part of 1 church that had an unforgettable worship experience. The worship services were quite simple and we all took part of it. We sang simple praise songs which were projected onto a screen on the alter. We had 2 guys strumming a guitar and there were no drums. Services like those please God but they also edify the congregation like no others can. :halo: :angel::halo: 

Edited by JTC
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

This seventy five year old loves the living praise worship of the group that we all join in with  each week. The Holy Spirit is present and I am moved  to tears each time as i participate. _ Here I am, a crusty old guy that looks like he might tear your head off if you met him in a dark alley; least that is what one church lady told about my looks. She was a friend too, and the church keyboardist. Crusty me, yet tears just roll down my face at worship praise of my God.

For decades I avoided the worship, would volunteer to work the parking lot the music was so stoic and dead with choirs and orchestras, ho humming music of another time and pace. Oh what I missed out on not seeking out an additional opportunity to worship! But more the joy and appreciation for that past error is found within me today I suppose.

Music is supposedly the number one divider of churches, with many a split occurring over  drums, guitars, and even organs as Luther called the organ the devil's instrument.

The CoC claims no instrument may be used, and some of it's sect will not allow multipart vocal harmony.  

John MacArthur stated that all church music after 1955 is apostate. Yet, I almost fell sound asleep at Grace Chapel listening to the full orchestra there  performing music from the 1800's and early 1900's.

Just asked this past week the title of a worship song I was not familiar with that had a terrific declaration  of doctrine and  faith of Jesus that I so recently heard  for the first time at the church I now am  a member of, and I learned it was recently written by the church  worship team. The pastor has a excellent voice is led of the Spirit and there are some good musicians that fill in to make a small group - guitars, drums, mandolins, mostly.

And obviously I am a Fernando Ortega groupie!

Praise God for his allowing praise of Him in worship of so many sorts and styles. The amazing unity that is found when the Holy Spirit sweeps the local body into a single unit in preparation for prayer and for reading of the word of God with spirit led exposition by those so gifted of God to be pastor/teachers/ elders.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,221
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  3

31 minutes ago, RTCarroll said:

I travel a lot, have been to more than two dozen countries and most states in this great country.  I have been to almost every "type" of church.   Through that experience I have found there is no right way or wrong way to worship our Lord.   

I have been to churches that were 100% acapella, not an instrument to be found.   It was a moving and touching experience.  

I have been to churches with 10 pieces band and 4 singers leading the worship time.   It was an amazing worship, I could feel the love for our Lord all around me.

I have been to churches with people literally dancing in the aisles during worship.  It was wonderful to see people give themselves fully to their worship of the Lord.

All had one thing in common, they all worshiped the Lord and gave him Praise.  Different people like different things, that is the way our God made us.   We should embrace that, not try to get others to be like us. 

I wholly agree with you RT.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

11 hours ago, Robin Nitin said:

I would like to share here a simple thought. that is.....except God if we give more priority to anything that would be not called to worship GOD.

You said it brother, Father is looking for those that worship Him in Spirit and Truth, we worship God the Father, His Son is directing the worship and He only uses songs the Holy Spirit is inspiring that He (Jesus) wrote.

Father - But Thou (Father) art Holy, O Thou that inhabits the praises of Israel.  Psa 22:3

Son - I (Jesus) will declare Thy name (Father) unto My brethren (born again children): in the midst of the congregation (Church) will I praise Thee.  Psa 22:22

Holy Spirit-Howbeit when He, the Spirit of truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth: for He shall not speak of Himself; but whatsoever He shall hear (from Jesus), that shall He speak: and He will shew you things to come.  John 16:13

Us - Ye that fear (reverence) the LORD, praise Him; all ye the seed of Jacob (Jews), glorify Him; and fear (sojourn, abide, dwell in)  Him, all ye the seed of Israel (Gentiles).  Psa 22:23

This was revealed to me through a couple of embarrassing and painful experiences after I tried to lead worship in the power of my flesh, ...when I learned what Father wanted from me was to enter into worship through the Holy Spirit so that others, through the Holy Spirit, could enter in to worship with me, worship went from playing my keyboard to acapella, to complete silence before our God.

During that time the Holy Spirit revealed to me that worship consisted of two parts, spirit and Truth, worship was to prepare the hearts of His children, to calm, to encourage, to fortify, to remove any doubts, worries or fears, to forget the problems, pain, discouragement of the world outside, ...to spiritually acknowledge our state of being In Christ and enter into the Throne Room of God, once inside we became silent in anticipation of what Father was going to say to us through His pastor from the teaching of the Word (Truth). 

My pastor taught that any disruption that would break our concentration, our attention to focus on someone or something rather than God, was certainly not from the Holy Spirit.

Lord bless

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,767
  • Content Per Day:  1.02

Worship is a verb, and true worship comes from the heart.

The Lord does not want feigned worship, but instead wants they who worship Him in Spirit and truth, as John 4:24 testifies.

Many are they who bow themselves as the bulrushes in Isaiah 58:5, whose worship is feigned and worthless.

Isaiah 58:5  Is it such a fast that I have chosen? a day for a man to afflict his soul? is it to bow down his head as a bulrush, and to spread sackcloth and ashes under him? wilt thou call this a fast, and an acceptable day to the Lord?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  02/25/1979

Great post Robin Nitin!  Personally, I think worship is so important.  I love to sing songs that I make up, with the Holy Spirit, with no music, to God.  Or I sing along during worship time at church or with music at home.  Also, my church has heavy rock music, but at times, slower music too.  It is not a traditional church, but it caters to the misfits, nerds, rockers, bikers, etc.  We are Messiah's Misfits and we come to church as we are.  I've been in a lot of churches, but in the 8 years or so that I've been there, I've learned than any other church I've been in.  We are free to worship God as the Spirit leads us.  God is good and is worthy of all our praise and adoration.

:clap::clap::clap:

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

On 7/27/2019 at 5:28 AM, Neighbor said:

John MacArthur stated that all church music after 1955 is apostate.

Wow

Some of the music that has truly moved me into worship has been Messianic music, written after that date. 

Paul wilbur, ted pearce etc have wonderful music.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

3 hours ago, Piratematey said:

Personally, I think worship is so important. 

I so very much agree. I also think it gets lost among many Christians now. Worshipping as a corporate body is awesome.

• Thumbs Up 3