Speaking in tounges..

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I was filled with the holy ghost about 7 years ago and did not speak in tounges. I was praying one night a few months ago and started speaking in tounges and tried to do it again for several weeks afterwards and couldn't seem to do it but, now when I try I can but it's very brief. I was told by my pastor who speaks in tounges that it can come from satan also, so I was wondering how do I know if me speaking in tounges is from the holy ghost/spirit or from satan I dont feel the holy ghost when it happens so I was just wondering.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Luke 11:11-13  If a son should ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask for fish, will he give for a fish give him a serpent? Or if he shall ask for an egg, will he offer him a scorpion? If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to his children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?  KJV

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, Rivers said:

I was filled with the holy ghost about 7 years ago and did not speak in tounges.

What makes you so confident that your Spiritual gift was going to be the gift of tongues?  

Edited by Tzephanyahu

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

8 hours ago, Rivers said:

I was filled with the holy ghost about 7 years ago and did not speak in tounges. I was praying one night a few months ago and started speaking in tounges and tried to do it again for several weeks afterwards and couldn't seem to do it but, now when I try I can but it's very brief. I was told by my pastor who speaks in tounges that it can come from satan also, so I was wondering how do I know if me speaking in tounges is from the holy ghost/spirit or from satan I dont feel the holy ghost when it happens so I was just wondering.

Facts first.

Faith second.

Feelings third.

This order is KEY to growing as a believer.

What is the fruit of your tongues. Are horrible things happening? Then how can it be from Satan.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,163
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

24 minutes ago, Billiards Ball said:

Facts first.

Faith second.

Feelings third.

This order is KEY to growing as a believer.

What is the fruit of your tongues. Are horrible things happening? Then how can it be from Satan.

2 Cor 11:14

14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light
KJV

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

Just now, enoob57 said:

2 Cor 11:14

14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light
KJV

Yet we are not ignorant of the devil's devices, and Jesus gave us a simple, effective root-fruit principle.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

9 hours ago, Rivers said:

If you've had past occult involvement, had close friends or family in the occult, or had issues with spiritually oppressive situations, then there might be cause for concern if these types of things have been an ongoing struggle.  

I've known many pentecostal and charismatic Christians over the years and heard and read many testimonies.  One of the patterns I've seen is that each person tends to have a different emotional reaction to a sense of God's presence.  I think that this is just simply rooted in the fact that God made us all different.  I've seen some people cry, others laugh, others fall silent in awe, and other such reactions at different times.  I'm not talking emotional manipulation (which I have observed at times) but rather that this is someone's natural reaction to what God is doing at that time.  Some people simply seem to have much stronger emotional reactions than others.   From what I can tell, there are some for whom tongues are a regular ongoing thing that becomes a large part of their prayer and worship life, and then there are some for whom this happens more as needed at different times.

• Thumbs Up 3