IGNORED

More about me and my faith

Guest Hntr

I look forward to sharing more about myself with everyone. I am only 16 but my I have decided to rededicate my life to Jesus. Thanks to an amazing Christian camp call camp Men-O-Lan. If you'd like to hear more about my past and future don't hesitate to ask me. I will be a junior this year and I am super excited for that here is the website for Men-O-Lan. I strongly recommend that you check it out. Just say that Hunter sent you http://menolan.org/

Anyway but that camp is absolutely amazing and that staff is great too because they actually love and care about their campers. The resident program is particularly my favorite. We go much deeper with getting to know each other for a week while learning about God in a deeper way. It was my pleasure to have the honor of being a part of the staff there.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

27 minutes ago, Hntr said:

I am super excited for that here is the website for Men-O-Lan. I strongly recommend that you check it out. Just say that Hunter sent you http://menolan.org/

I checked it out, and will do some further looking in on it. God bless you, Hunter. 

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,018
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,307
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

Wonderful Hntr that you were helped and blessed at the camp!

treeswing.gif.3f3c36ea5c937166ee03ea896cd7dd72.gif

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  667
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0

Hi Hnter,

My own sister was saved at a Christian camp and she has not been the same since.  She is a great example to me of a living, giving Christian in action.  I'm glad you had a great time at your camp too!  :th_wave:

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Hntr,

You said you are wanting to share more about yourself with everyone, but the thing is, its easier to share in honesty.  On your post here you said "I am only 16" and then you also said "I will be a junior this year", HOWEVER, in the chat room today, someone asked if you were ready to go back to school next week and you said you were 'going to college'.  They stated that you seemed pretty young to be going to college.  You then stated you were '19'.  Then it was brought up that you said 16 on the forums and you said you have dyslexia and get your 6 and 9 mixed up and that you are 19, yet your posts here on the forum you say you are 16 and going to be a Junior (which at 16 would be a Junior in high school not a College junior). 

I then made the comment that I am also dyslexic, but on the keyboard the 6 and 9 are far apart to get them mixed up.  In reading, yes a dyslexic gets those mixed up at times, but on a keyboard the numbers are far apart to get mixed up.  After a while you then stated your 'keys are all mixed up on your keyboard' yet you were on a cell phone to post.  The keys don't get mixed up on a keyboard on a cell phone.  Even if your keys were switched on your laptop, at 16 or 19, you tend to know where the 6 is and where the 9 is so it's rather difficult to type in a dyslexic manner with the 2 numbers being so far apart on the keyboard.

I guess I am saying if you are going to say you are open and wanting to share about yourself, it is more helpful to be totally honest than to make things up as you go.  The Moderators can read the chat transcripts I am sure and see that conversation in chat which does not coincide with what you are stating in the forums.  (I've passed this information and the discrepancy of the chat discussion vs. the forum discussion on to George who was in chat at the time)

I know many of us would love to get to know the real you, but that starts with honesty in BOTH the Forums AND the Chat room.  You don't need to make up stuff.  Honesty is always the best policy.

I hope you stick around so that you can truly come to know Christ and who you can be in Christ.  But any relationship, even our one with Christ and with other Christians, always begins with HONESTY.

TC

• This is Worthy 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,936
  • Content Per Day:  3.07
  • Days Won:  1

8 hours ago, Tea Cup said:

Hntr,

You said you are wanting to share more about yourself with everyone, but the thing is, its easier to share in honesty.  On your post here you said "I am only 16" and then you also said "I will be a junior this year", HOWEVER, in the chat room today, someone asked if you were ready to go back to school next week and you said you were 'going to college'.  They stated that you seemed pretty young to be going to college.  You then stated you were '19'.  Then it was brought up that you said 16 on the forums and you said you have dyslexia and get your 6 and 9 mixed up and that you are 19, yet your posts here on the forum you say you are 16 and going to be a Junior (which at 16 would be a Junior in high school not a College junior). 

I then made the comment that I am also dyslexic, but on the keyboard the 6 and 9 are far apart to get them mixed up.  In reading, yes a dyslexic gets those mixed up at times, but on a keyboard the numbers are far apart to get mixed up.  After a while you then stated your 'keys are all mixed up on your keyboard' yet you were on a cell phone to post.  The keys don't get mixed up on a keyboard on a cell phone.  Even if your keys were switched on your laptop, at 16 or 19, you tend to know where the 6 is and where the 9 is so it's rather difficult to type in a dyslexic manner with the 2 numbers being so far apart on the keyboard.

I guess I am saying if you are going to say you are open and wanting to share about yourself, it is more helpful to be totally honest than to make things up as you go.  The Moderators can read the chat transcripts I am sure and see that conversation in chat which does not coincide with what you are stating in the forums.  (I've passed this information and the discrepancy of the chat discussion vs. the forum discussion on to George who was in chat at the time)

I know many of us would love to get to know the real you, but that starts with honesty in BOTH the Forums AND the Chat room.  You don't need to make up stuff.  Honesty is always the best policy.

I hope you stick around so that you can truly come to know Christ and who you can be in Christ.  But any relationship, even our one with Christ and with other Christians, always begins with HONESTY.

TC

We hope all the best for him.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

8 hours ago, Tea Cup said:

Hntr,

I struggle somewhat with dyslexia also, but it involves letters instead of numbers. Once something gets posted in chat, it's there and there's no way to go back an make an edit. If someone views their keyboard and sees a number as reversed, perhaps it would be best to them the benefit of the doubt. If confronted with something that seems erroneous during a live session, some may falter and become embarrassed. Then it's hard to recant what may have been previously stated.

Perhaps our friend has every intention of future plans for college, and it was just perceived for immediate decisions. Chat never gives an opportunity to express everything as fully as it does when taking the thought to post. Things can get easily misconstrued in a chat room, it happens all the time. I've logged many hours moderating a chat room on another site. Whether 16 or 19, he's still a young man. Why don't we give him a break, and not make him feel humiliated, okay? ;)

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, BeauJangles said:

I struggle somewhat with dyslexia also, but it involves letters instead of numbers. Once something gets posted in chat, it's there and there's no way to go back an make an edit. If someone views their keyboard and sees a number as reversed, perhaps it would be best to them the benefit of the doubt. If confronted with something that seems erroneous during a live session, some may falter and become embarrassed. Then it's hard to recant what may have been previously stated.

Perhaps our friend has every intention of future plans for college, and it was just perceived for immediate decisions. Chat never gives an opportunity to express everything as fully as it does when taking the thought to post. Things can get easily misconstrued in a chat room, it happens all the time. I've logged many hours moderating a chat room on another site. Whether 16 or 19, he's still a young man. Why don't we give him a break, and not make him feel humiliated, okay? ;)

Did you struggle with reading when you were in school?

2 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Did you struggle with reading when you were in school?

It's a wonder that I didn't. Spelling was also an easy 'A' for me, but English? Oh dear, did it get hard past the basics. I knew how to structure pretty well, so why have to explain it, right? Mathematics was the same once it started getting complicated, and I struggled with that immensely. Perhaps it's somehow relating to a numbers identity crisis. :b:

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

It's a wonder that I didn't. Spelling was also an easy 'A' for me, but English? Oh dear, did it get hard past the basics. I knew how to structure pretty well, so why have to explain it, right? Mathematics was the same once it started getting complicated, and I struggled with that immensely. Perhaps it's somehow relating to a numbers identity crisis. :b:

I had a significant learning disability in school since I was born with FAS(fetal alcohol syndrome).