• Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,787
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Just now, LadyKay said:

Trump calling himself "The chosen one". 

It was said in jest ... and it was concerning dealing with the Chinese fair trade agreement.

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/cnsnewscom-staff/trump-looks-sky-spreads-his-arms-and-tells-reporters-i-am-chosen-one

Again ... a distraction ... missing the REAL NEWS of the day!  :) 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,796
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

3 hours ago, LadyKay said:

I have been reading over some of the replies on here. I have to say that I am not at all surprised that Trump supporters here are okay with Trump calling himself "The chosen one".  If Obama had said such a thing all your heads would have exploded!    As for me. I think this whole thing is getting scary.  I believe we are heading into the end of days. 

You have forgotten all the images and exclamations about obama being the messiah. Heads did not explode when that happened.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,234
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

3 hours ago, LadyKay said:

I have been reading over some of the replies on here. I have to say that I am not at all surprised that Trump supporters here are okay with Trump calling himself "The chosen one".  If Obama had said such a thing all your heads would have exploded!    As for me. I think this whole thing is getting scary.  I believe we are heading into the end of days. 

LadyKay, if you watch all of what he was talking about he was talking about how China is taking advantage of the US in trade and should have been taken care of by our last 4 presidents but it wasn't.....   He was the chosen one picked to stop the Chinese drain on the wealth of this country....   He was not calling himself The Chosen one as to any religious or spiritual way....   but it was he that has to protect us from being ripped off....     and he said it in a joking manor.....    I really think everyone should be thinking him for his efforts instead of constantly putting him down....   especially in instances like this where what is being said is so out of context that it is a complete untruth.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,796
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

The way the media spins things negatively against trump, its really no wonder some folks do not like him. Many people do not read beyond the headlines or the first paragraph of a news story. The media counts on that to get their spin across.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0

10 hours ago, George said:

It was said in jest

All I know, now that I've had a chance to view the entire episode, is that whatever your politics, whatever the point and whatever the reason, I just don't think turning you eyes toward heaven and saying "I guess I am the chosen one" is an acceptable way of making any point for any reason, much less a political one for personal political reasons and don't feel it should be done in jest either. Let me add that it's not because the actions and statements are from Mr. Trump that I find them offensive (don't want to mix politics with moral questions in this context). I would find them just as offensive if anyone else had been the culprit. It just happens that since Mr. Trump is the President, what he says is on TV and so it was him that I saw and heard so it was him that I quoted. So, it matters not whether or what anyone else has done or whether or not it's used as political fodder. It's not about a singular person, Mr. Trump just happens to be the most singular person in the news so his every word is heard. And, regardless of politics, I do believe that someone in his position should take extra care about his words and actions for the very reasons enumerated above.

Edited by unworthyservant
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Catholic
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  591
  • Content Per Day:  0.34

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 4:46 PM, Jayne said:

Well, here's the actual context of what he said.  And here's the link to the video.  He wasn't lifting his eyes to the sky with his hands raised.  His hands were out in front of him the whole three minutes he was talking about China and taking them on financially.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/08/21/trump_i_am_the_chosen_one_to_take_on_china.html

Perhaps a poor chose of words considering his arrogance.  But it didn't bother me as he was not calling himself THE Chosen One.

I don't think I have ever seen anyone whose words are so twisted and deliberately misconstrued as Trump's!

No good deed will go unpunished, as they say.

Trump's greatest good deed was / is being pro-life and SAYING so to the whole world!  :cool2:

for this he must be eternally punished   :fryingpan:

Edited by createdequal
typo

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 11:22 AM, ayin jade said:

The way the media spins things negatively against trump, its really no wonder some folks do not like him. Many people do not read beyond the headlines or the first paragraph of a news story. The media counts on that to get their spin across.

exactly. They know what they are doing (cnn and etc..). They know most Americans are too busy and/or do not care about the DETAILS of what is going on in this country esp DC..

That's why all the informed ones need to fight every day for Trump and all that he stands for.. No one can afford to take  a vacation from the work of keeping this country (or making it?) sane

Make America Sane Again--Get rid of liberals in DC

21 hours ago, unworthyservant said:

All I know, now that I've had a chance to view the entire episode, is that whatever your politics, whatever the point and whatever the reason, I just don't think turning you eyes toward heaven and saying "I guess I am the chosen one" is an acceptable way of making any point for any reason, much less a political one for personal political reasons and don't feel it should be done in jest either. Let me add that it's not because the actions and statements are from Mr. Trump that I find them offensive (don't want to mix politics with moral questions in this context). I would find them just as offensive if anyone else had been the culprit. It just happens that since Mr. Trump is the President, what he says is on TV and so it was him that I saw and heard ----

that's funny... I don't recall ONE thing Trump has said that is "offensive"

plenty of things people SAY are offensive (accuse him of being offensive all the time) but nothing ACTUALLY offensive

unless of course.. you find TRUTH to be offensive?

When Trump talks about fake news, he is telling the truth. Fake news people are the ones who are offensive because they are LYING--ergo the word Fake.

For people who don't like truth.. yeh, I guess I can half-way understand why they accuse Trump of being "offensive" (a word I am beginning to hate, btw) . Yeh, if you don't like the truth he tells, and would rather he tell lies like most politicians.. If you are offended by that.. well, I myself won't be beating a pathway to your door to be your friend, that is for sure. I like to have friends who also appreciate truth over lies and deception  

Edited by createdequal

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.37

27 minutes ago, createdequal said:

that's funny... I don't recall ONE thing Trump has said that is "offensive"

Well, since I don't know what you find offensive, here's a few selected quotes. Let me know if you find any of these offensive.

“.@ariannahuff is unattractive both inside and out. I fully understand why her former husband left her for a man- he made a good decision.”

"I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot people and I wouldn't lose voters."

"I get called by a guy that can't buy a pair of pants, I get called names?" This is Trump's response to being called a "rodeo clown" by commentator Charles Krauthammer, who is paralyzed from the waist down.

“I have black guys counting my money. … I hate it. The only guys I want counting my money are short guys that wear yarmulkes all day.”

"You’ve got to see this guy, 'Ah, I don’t know what I said!'" This was said about a disabled reporter and while he was saying it, he was flailing his arms in a manner almost identical to the involuntary movements of the reporter due to his disability. I'm not allowed to post videos but look it up. There's a few that allow you to watch Mr. Trumps movements alongside those of the reporter.

“She gets out and she starts asking me all sorts of ridiculous questions. You could see there was blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her wherever. In my opinion, she was off base.” Speaking of Fox reporter Megyn Kelly.

"It must be a pretty picture, you dropping to your knees.” To celebrity apprentice contestant and former Playboy model,   Brande Roderick.

"I watched when the World Trade Center came tumbling down. And I watched in Jersey City, New Jersey, where thousands and thousands of people were cheering as that building was coming down.” Most non political sources agree that this is an outright lie and has been discredited.

“You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young and beautiful piece of ass.”

That should be enough for now but there are many more that fit this mold. I suffered through all of them in silence because of my reluctance to sound political and thus alienate a segment of the population from what's really important, Faith! I finally had to speak up when the incident that began this discussion came across my TV screen.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

unless of course.. you find TRUTH to be offensive?

Unworthysevant did not say that they were offended by the truth.  Unworthyservant  said that they were offended by Trump looking up into the sky and saying he is the chosen one.  

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1