• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  95
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Hello to all.

Might be a weird question but I am concerned for the fact I have never spoken in tongues, nor felt "drunken" in the spirit.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The genuine Holy Ghost don't make you "drunken". There is no biblical evidence of the Spirit making a person drunk-like. On the day of Pentecost, they were accused or kidded about being drunk. We are comanded by scripture to be sober. The Holy Ghost that proceeds from God won't manifest contrary to God's Word.

Tit 2:6 KJV Young men likewise exhort to be sober minded.

1Pe 5:8 KJV Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

There are some ministries that have a fly in their ointment. I'd stay away from them. Having gone to various full gospel ministries and churches over the years, I find some dangerously into feeling and experience. The Word of God has become secondary and being known personally by Jesus is not in their midst.

A genuine church or ministry will actively be leading people out of sin. They will preach the Word of God in detail in their messages. Their preaching and teaching will both persuade and show people how to leave sin and be sanctified. They will build a foundation in the fruit of the Spirit (such as self-control) to build the various gifts on. Many have fallen having been born-again and then fed only solid meat without the proper foundation being built first. I was one of those.

Edited by Salt

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  63
  • Birthday:  07/21/1948

Dear Salt, I have never spoke in tongues, or as some people say is a heavenly language, or was slain in the spirit. I am a born-again believer of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. I have read the book of Acts chap.2 - the day of Pentecoste, it does not say anywhere that you have to speak in an unknown tongue to make it into the kingdom. 1 & 2 Cor. gifts of the Spirit, interpretations of languages, not vain babblings. This is a touchy subject among tongue speaking christians, if it makes them feel closer to our Lord so be it. I am as saved as they are. John 14: 6 says - Jesus said, I am the way, the truth and the life, no man comes unto the Father except by me. It does not say you have to speak in tongues. You can take this with a grain of salt, or whatever, The word is a two-edge sword it cuts both ways. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet. YSIC Littlelite.

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  95

Edited by Salt

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RJD Servant

Hi Bobo81

God is very simple and complies with his word. Ask and you shall receive. Sometimes we have things in our lives that God is after in Obedience to clear the way for the Spirit have free access to the Vessel He desires to fill.

So Just ask. The HOLY SPIRIT is a GIFT!!!!

I was 8 years old when the Holy Spirit infilled me with Power from on high. So there is no age bearier. I am now 53 and will never walk away from the Spirit and Power of the Gospel.

I have been drunk in the Spirit several times in my life time and it is a Power you can not control or desire to walk away from. It is and over whelming Anointing that is God touched that you can not walk or move sometimes people have to be carried out of the building.

Then I have had the power of God hit me and Danced literally in the Spirit and since I do not believe in the dance of this world. People around me know it was God. The Power of God takes you and you dance before the Lord nothing like dancing on this earth at all.

I have had the Lord Slain me in the Spirit and been in conversation with him for hours and you listen and he talks about your life and forgiveness and direction etc.....

I would like to tell you that the Power of God is used by Adult and Children we use to play church and the little boys about 5, and 10, & 12 years old would preach and lead songs we would have at least 15 to 20 kids in the garage. We would be convicted by the service the preaching and singing and we would be prayed over by the young children as I was only 9 myself then.

Gods Spirit would show up and and we would be slain in the Spirit, many we would pray through to the Holy Spirit and speaking with other tounges.

The Adults would find us in the presence of the Lord when they did not hear us playing out in the yard.

Do not be struggling for the infilling and do not worry whether you will be filled.

God will bring it about when you least expect it. Just pray and worship him and Praise him for all he has done for you. Sometimes pray for another and God releases you unto that giving by giving unto you also.

My Daughter was 13 years old and she was standing in the corner of the room while we were praying for healing on another brother. She got filled all by her self in the corner of the room. By the way the young man got healed from and African desease.

Some people get filled in there bedroom or Car I have heard of many stories and manners and ways that God comes down and give the wonderful Gift of the Holy Spirit.

It is a Gift and you look at it as such for yourself and become yeilding to the Holy Spirit and the Power that it brings be not afraid, give up you Will to it.

I will pray that God brings you his Third Person the Holy Spirit into your life so that you can feel and gain the wonder and guidence and comfort that it will bring in your life.

Praying For you!

RJD Servant

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

It was 11 years before I ever spoke in tongues. It happend 1 day in praise and worship. It has never happend since though and that has been 2 yrs or more ago.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  63
  • Birthday:  07/21/1948

Hi Bobo81

God is very simple and complies with his word.  Ask and you shall receive.  Sometimes we have things in our lives that God is after in Obedience to clear the way for the Spirit have free access to the Vessel He desires to fill.

So Just ask.  The HOLY SPIRIT is a GIFT!!!!

I was 8 years old when the Holy Spirit infilled me with Power from on high. So there is no age bearier.  I am now 53 and will never walk away from the Spirit and Power of the Gospel.

I have been drunk in the Spirit several times in my life time and it is a Power you can not control or desire to walk away from.  It is and over whelming Anointing that is God touched that you can not walk or move sometimes people have to be carried out of the building.

Then I have had the power of God hit me and Danced literally in the Spirit and since I do not believe in the dance of this world.  People around me know it was God.  The Power of God takes you and you dance before the Lord nothing like dancing on this earth at all.

I have had the Lord Slain me in the Spirit and been in conversation with him for hours and you listen and he talks about your life and forgiveness and direction etc..... 

I would like to tell you that the Power of God is used by Adult and Children we use to play church and the little boys about 5, and 10, & 12 years old would preach and lead songs we would have at least 15 to 20 kids in the garage.  We would be convicted by the service the preaching and singing and we would be prayed over by the young children as I was only 9 myself then.

Gods Spirit would show up and and we would be slain in the Spirit, many we would pray through to the Holy Spirit and speaking with other tounges.

The Adults would find us in the presence of the Lord when they did not hear us playing out in the yard. 

Do not be struggling for the infilling and do not worry whether you will be filled.

God will bring it about when you least expect it.  Just pray and worship him and Praise him for all he has done for you.  Sometimes pray for another and God releases you unto that giving by giving unto you also.

My Daughter was 13 years old and she was standing in the corner of the room while we were praying for healing on another brother.  She got filled all by her self in the corner of the room.  By the way the young man got healed from and African desease.

Some people get filled in there bedroom or Car I have heard of many stories and manners and ways that God comes down and give the wonderful Gift of the Holy Spirit.

It is a Gift and you look at it as such for yourself and become yeilding to the Holy Spirit and the Power that it brings be not afraid, give up you Will to it. 

I will pray that God brings you his Third Person the Holy Spirit into your life so that you can feel and gain the wonder and guidence and comfort that it will bring in your life.

Praying For you!

RJD Servant

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Again I will say, It is not receiving the Holy Spirit through tongues, We recieve the Holy Spirit in us once we accept Jesus as Our Saviour. The Holy Spirit dwells within us on accepting the free gift of Salvation. You need to read your Bible in completeness. Read Romans 8:26 - Likewise the Spirit also helps our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit iself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. So when there are times we know not how to put into words our feelings at times of trouble or despair, or what kind of infirmities our circumstances are, the Holy Spirit takes our cries and present them to the Father, he interrupts our pleas when we don"t know how to say it. So again, I say if that is what you believe in so be it. The gift of tongues for today has been taken out of context. The Bible says to also try the spirits. Praying for a revelation in your life. YSIC Little :noidea:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Days Won:  1

Charismatic folk cannot come to grips with the biblical fact that (A) the very word "unknown" does not appear in the Greek text in 1 Corinthians re "tongues"; and (B) that all biblical instances of "tongues" involved KNOWN, UNDERSTOOD, EARTHLY & NATIONAL dialects. The classic passage re "tongues" in Acts 2 underscores the biblical fact that specific, understood-by-the-hearers languages were spoken. Even ANGELS when they spoke, did so in EARTHLY languages KNOWN to all the hearers! Incredible indeed that kind charismatic folk prefer not to see this.

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

Did some of us just get called a cult? Why are we so set on slamming tongues? You know for some it is a prayer language. And no one in my church has ever claimed to have extra biblical info in tongues. If it doesn't line up with the word of God we throw it out. Please pray before we speak!

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Days Won:  1

And STILL our charismatic friends fail to come to grips with HOLY WRIT on the pertinent subject at hand. Why do they gloss over the BIBLE FACT of KNOWN, UNDERSTOOD, NATIONAL & EARTHLY dialects in Acts Chapter Two (with the languages named)? And why do they gloss over the BIBLE FACT that the very word "UNKNOWN" is not found in the Greek text? And why do they gloss over the BIBLE FACT that EVEN ANGELS when they spoke, spoken in a KNOWN, UNDERSTOOD, EARTHLY dialect for the children of men?

The subject at hand is NOT "churches" & charismatic "experiences" therein, but HOLY SCRIPTURE laid out plain & plumb.

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  07/18/1956

was 26 when i began speaking in tounges,i am 49 now and still speak in tounges daily. we were having a revivial at our church and my mean spirited ex-husband found out when he overheard me and a friend talking about the night sermon was to be on speaking in tounges.he refused to aloow me to leave the house that night.the next day i went to my friends house after he left for work and cryed with her becaude i had wanted to recieve the holy ghost with the evendice of speaking in tounges.she told me that i didn't have to be at church to receive the gift.as i was walking back home the holy ghost hit and and i was crying and speaking in tounges all the way home.i cleaned house speaking in tounges for hours. i am now married to a wonderful spirit filled christian man.who loves the LORD.he was 40 when we married and never been to church.he received the gift 3 yrs after he married