IGNORED

Would you say that you are a good person?

Repose

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

4 minutes ago, derf73 said:

If the Holy Spirit resides in us, how can we then proclaim that we are not "good"? Please don't mistake me here, for I have seen many say apart from God we are by no means good, however, if we are Christians, bought by the shed blood of Christ, covered by His righteousness, you can bet we are good. We are Holy, Blessed, and empowered to do the will of God through the Holy Spirit that indwells us. He will never leave us nor forsake us, therefore, once bought with the price, Praise God, we are the tabernacle of the Holy Spirit, and to deny that we are good is to deny the promise that He will never leave us nor forsake us. However, I understand why most answers said they weren't good, the question was would you say you are a good person and many referred back to their lives prior to salvation, or at least I hope that is the case. Don't be deceived, we are good solely because we are indwelt by the Spirit of Promise. Amen.

Remember Luke 18:18-19?

Now a certain ruler asked Him, saying, “Good Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?”

So Jesus said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God."

If Jesus is saying this about Himself, as Jesus the Man, how then can we say we are good, unless one considers themselves better than Jesus.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, OneLight said:

Remember Luke 18:18-19?

Now a certain ruler asked Him, saying, “Good Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?”

So Jesus said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God."

If Jesus is saying this about Himself, as Jesus the Man, how then can we say we are good, unless one considers themselves better than Jesus.

The issue here is that you are referring to a time prior to the Holy Spirit indwelling believers. As I said, I am not saying that apart from God any of us are good, but our bodies are the dwelling place of the Holy Spirit. Christ said in John 16:7, that it was expedient for Him to go away that the comforter would come and that  He would send the comforter. The more difficult question is why did Christ say this of Himself, when He is God Incarnate? Totally different topic. But keep in mind, "Jesus the man" that you refer to is also Jesus the second person of the Trinity there is no separating them  lest we fall into heresy.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, derf73 said:

The issue here is that you are referring to a time prior to the Holy Spirit indwelling believers. As I said, I am not saying that apart from God any of us are good, but our bodies are the dwelling place of the Holy Spirit. Christ said in John 16:7, that it was expedient for Him to go away that the comforter would come and that  He would send the comforter. The more difficult question is why did Christ say this of Himself, when He is God Incarnate? Totally different topic. But keep in mind, "Jesus the man" that you refer to is also Jesus the second person of the Trinity there is no separating them  lest we fall into heresy.

Are you saying that Jesus did not have the Holy Spirit in Him?  Remember, Jesus is speaking of Himself at that time, not us.

Just now, OneLight said:

Are you saying that Jesus did not have the Holy Spirit in Him?  Remember, Jesus is speaking of Himself at that time, not us.

Why would God the Son need to be indwelt by God the Holy Spirit? For communion one with another? I cannot pretend to know the mysteries of the Trinity, but apparently, God the Holy Spirit was not to come until Christ departed. So my answer to you would be no, I do not believe that God the Son was indwelt with God the Holy Spirit. There would be no purpose.

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.87
  • Days Won:  5

25 minutes ago, QParadox said:

I think everyone on this planet is just making thing's up based on what they believe. Why should I take your point of view to heart?

You should not .

2 minutes ago, derf73 said:

Why would God the Son need to be indwelt by God the Holy Spirit? For communion one with another? I cannot pretend to know the mysteries of the Trinity, but apparently, God the Holy Spirit was not to come until Christ departed. So my answer to you would be no, I do not believe that God the Son was indwelt with God the Holy Spirit. There would be no purpose.

Because Jesus came as a man, not as God, the Son.  Why did Jesus need to be baptized?  What would the Holy Spirit come down onto Him at baptism?  (Matthew 3:16-17)  The Holy Spirit did not come to us until Christ departed, true, but He did come to Jesus before He started His ministry.  Why would Jesus, the Son of God, need to be ministered to by angels?  (Matthew 4:11) 

1 minute ago, OneLight said:

Because Jesus came as a man, not as God, the Son.  Why did Jesus need to be baptized?  What would the Holy Spirit come down onto Him at baptism?  (Matthew 3:16-17)  The Holy Spirit did not come to us until Christ departed, true, but He did come to Jesus before He started His ministry.  Why would Jesus, the Son of God, need to be ministered to by angels?  (Matthew 4:11) 

Brother, let us leave this alone, we are off topic and you are skirting on the edge of denying the Deity of Christ. The early Church Fathers had this debate. Christ explained to John why he was to be baptized, and it definitely wasn't because he was sinful flesh.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  16

22 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Jesus neither  said He  was not good, nor that He was not God.  And never implied  either one either.  He just wanted to know if the guy realized who  he was speaking to.

Edited by Jostler
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

28 minutes ago, derf73 said:

we are off topic

Yeah, threads do have a tendency to get that way. 

31 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Why would Jesus, the Son of God, need to be ministered to by angels?  (Matthew 4:11) 

It wouldn't have been the only time. 

Luke 22:40-43 40And when he was at the place, he said unto them, Pray that ye enter not into temptation. 41And he was withdrawn from them about a stone's cast, and kneeled down, and prayed, 42Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done. 43 And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him.

Edited by BeauJangles

• Group:  Seeker *
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  31
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

1 hour ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

You should not .

Nor should you.