• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

7 hours ago, Diaste said:

Interesting. Are you saying that because some think they will end up in the '7 year tribulation' they will?

Including 'christians'? Those who are not appointed to wrath will still end up in wrath if they believe they will? 

I am saying that those who are not saved will end up in the 7 year tribulation. Believers will go in the rapture of the Church Revelation 3:10

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

1 minute ago, missmuffet said:

I am saying that those who are not saved will end up in the 7 year tribulation. Believers will go in the rapture of the Church Revelation 3:10

I understand what you are saying here, but for the sake of those that really do not understand or are weak in scripture, it would be nice to say that this is your belief rather than an absolute certainty. There are many I know that do not see it this way, and what one believes regarding this is not a Salvation issue and is still hotly debated.

I do not want a bunch of folk who endured terrible hardships to believe that they are somehow 'left behind' and were not worthy of Salvation. When the world really goes pear-shaped, our current blessings of instant communication and the WWW may just go away and folk will be left high and dry and feel abandoned. This may lead to their faith failing badly and in a panic they might turn to other avenues of 'salvation'.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

I understand what you are saying here, but for the sake of those that really do not understand or are weak in scripture, it would be nice to say that this is your belief rather than an absolute certainty. There are many I know that do not see it this way, and what one believes regarding this is not a Salvation issue and is still hotly debated.

I do not want a bunch of folk who endured terrible hardships to believe that they are somehow 'left behind' and were not worthy of Salvation. When the world really goes pear-shaped, our current blessings of instant communication and the WWW may just go away and folk will be left high and dry and feel abandoned. This may lead to their faith failing badly and in a panic they might turn to other avenues of 'salvation'.

Only my belief? Read the Bible literally and you will understand that what I have posted is God's word. That is why it is very, very important for a person to have a genuine born again belief in Jesus Christ.....NOW! Or they will be " left behind" and it will be heartbreaking for many. 

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18

The Comfort of Christ’s Coming

13 But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.

15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words.

1 Corinthians 15: 50-54

Our Final Victory

50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption. Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed— 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: “Death is swallowed up in victory.”

Edited by missmuffet
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

22 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I am saying that those who are not saved will end up in the 7 year tribulation.

To clarify. This is a 'belief' only. It may not happen this way.

Sure the Lord will gather His people in the end, which may be the second coming. No dispute there. 

But the 7 year tribulation etc., is only a 'belief system' of end times, based on certain readings of prophesy.

This has to do with the pre-trib ideas that have been floating around for a very long time and heralded by Darby and others. It is a 'theory' only.

• This is Worthy 1

Just now, Justin Adams said:

Sure the Lord will gather His people in the end, which may be the second coming. No dispute there. 

But the 7 year tribulation etc., is only a 'belief system' of end times, based on certain readings of prophesy.

This has to do with the pre-trib ideas that have been floating around for a very long time and heralded by Darby and others. It is a 'theory' only.

No, to clarify this is God's Word. Read the Bible literally and do not give it your own words and there is no way you can miss the true meaning of the pretribulation view. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1866

7 hours ago, missmuffet said:

No, to clarify this is God's Word. Read the Bible literally and do not give it your own words and there is no way you can miss the true meaning of the pretribulation view. 

Sorry missmuffet but the pre-trib doctrine is only a theory, which many (and I'm included in the many) don't believe a word of it, because it is most defiantly not in the Bible. It is only a hope

Edited by ENOCH2010
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, ENOCH2010 said:

Sorry missmuffet but the pre-trib doctrine is only a theory, which many (and I'm included in the many) don't believe a word of it, because it is most defiantly not in the Bible. It is only a hope

It is not a theory it is the true written Word of God. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,936
  • Content Per Day:  3.07
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

Jesus has warned mankind of the Great Tribulation :

Matt 24:21For at that time there will be great tribulation, unmatched from the beginning of the world until now, and never to be seen again.

And God will save the believers.

Rev 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of btemptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

During Joseph's time in Egypt there was a 7 years of famine which was the shadow of the end times great tribulation.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,627
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

15 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Do you ever wonder about other verses in the Letters?

"But I have this against you: You have abandoned your first love. Therefore, keep in mind how far you have fallen. Repent and perform the deeds you did at first. But if you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place."

"Be faithful even unto death, and I will give you the crown of life."

"But I have a few things against you, because some of you hold to the teaching of Balaam, who taught Balak to place a stumbling block before the Israelites so they would eat food sacrificed to idols and commit sexual immorality. In the same way, some of you also hold to the teaching of the Nicolaitans. Therefore repent! Otherwise I will come to you shortly and wage war against them with the sword of My mouth."

Jesus is addressing believers here and not all are pure, without spot or blemish. 

Are you saying if believers are believers in Jesus, yet have issues as recorded above, they are taken in the rapture? 

This is the Body Jesus is speaking to, the Church of Christ, He is calling us to repent, and telling some if they do not there are consequences not involving the rapture. Yet they are still believers in Christ, just with a few less that perfect ideas.

Seems Jesus does not think that the cause is not lost because of some bad behavior or smelly doctrines; yet at the same time He says repentance is a must or there are consequences, for believers.

• Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, Diaste said:

Do you ever wonder about other verses in the Letters?

"But I have this against you: You have abandoned your first love. Therefore, keep in mind how far you have fallen. Repent and perform the deeds you did at first. But if you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place."

"Be faithful even unto death, and I will give you the crown of life."

"But I have a few things against you, because some of you hold to the teaching of Balaam, who taught Balak to place a stumbling block before the Israelites so they would eat food sacrificed to idols and commit sexual immorality. In the same way, some of you also hold to the teaching of the Nicolaitans. Therefore repent! Otherwise I will come to you shortly and wage war against them with the sword of My mouth."

Jesus is addressing believers here and not all are pure, without spot or blemish. 

Are you saying if believers are believers in Jesus, yet have issues as recorded above, they are taken in the rapture? 

This is the Body Jesus is speaking to, the Church of Christ, He is calling us to repent, and telling some if they do not there are consequences not involving the rapture. Yet they are still believers in Christ, just with a few less that perfect ideas.

Seems Jesus does not think that the cause is not lost because of some bad behavior or smelly doctrines; yet at the same time He says repentance is a must or there are consequences, for believers.

I am saying that the Bible tells us all genuine believers in Jesus Christ will go in the rapture of the Church.

Revelation 3:10

Because you have kept My command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth.

All those who are not saved will remain in the 7 year tribulation. They will have chance to come to Jesus Christ and will become martyred tribulation saints.

• Thumbs Up 1