• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

5 hours ago, ReneeIW said:

The Christian pastor travels and visits the young girl and threatens her life if she tells anyone about the affair.

No. Sorry is not enough. Any person who would do such a thing as that while being a pastor is unfit to be a pastor.  If you are asking me what I think. That is it. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Seasoned by Grace said:

Hi Reenelw :).

You and I have posted replies to similar threads about abuse and leadership problems and even private messaged each other.

After seeing you post other similar threads about leadership and abuse, and your own abuse by this same man it sounds like, I really think you need to quit your continuing posting about this and get some professional help. You seem to be caught up in a reoccuring cycle, and your not moving forward with a goal to put this behind you. You seem to be stuck, and still in pain and continually reliving the past.

I really don't think you'll get the answers your looking for here, and I think you need professional help with other issues you personally have that you posted in other threads.

Your my sister in Christ and I honestly believe at this point you should be working on yourself to get emotionally healthy.

There are good Christian therapists who can help you deal with what has happened to you, and then discuss this pastor at some later date, and what you should do about him.

I wish nothing but the very best for you and will keep you in my prayers - Dave

Hi Dave,

I hope you are doing well.

First, I believe I sent you one single personal message over a month ago asking if you wouldn't mind sharing your story about breaking up with the Church  on Worthy for all to see. I told you it might help others. That was my only personal message to you. You replied to me and asked that I publicly ask you to do it and I answered your request. Please do not act as if we were messaging each other about what occurred between myself and several men from the same organization. I have not shared one single detail with you about the people who hurt me. 

Thanks for your concern about my emotional health but I am fine. I have a wonderful family, and if they thought i needed help they would tell me. They do recognize that writing a book about traumatic events that took place between 1995-1998 and again between 2017-until present is difficult and they are offering advice and counsel.

I do apologize about using Worthy as a resource for my writing. Some days I am writing difficult scenes and thoughts pop up in my mind and I want to ask other Christian brothers and sisters about it. I did have a weak moment a couple of weeks ago when I saw my abuser mentioned in a news article, and when one of his friends emailed me with my abuser copied on the email. I am also recieving many emails from his friends asking not to be in the book as well as emails from lawyers-so it's constantly on my mind and I come here to vent and get input.

I do realize I have posted many different threads with bits and pieces of what happened and it looks as though things have not been settled. Just to recap:

1. I met a wealthy older man in 1995 when i was 20 years old and we had a two year relationship that was very abusive.

2. In 1997, when the relationship ended, he paid me punitive damages and sent a famous pastor to speak with me but the pastor ended up threatening me. 

3. In 1998, my mother was dragged into the woods and raped. I was scared to live by myself after seeing the condition my mother was in after the rape, so I cried out to God, converted to Christianity and six months later i was married to a wonderful man.

4. About twenty years later in 2017, my youngest son Luke was starting preschool and i didnt know what i was going to do with my free time. I decided to write a book about my spiritual journey and publish it for my kids. My husbands best friend is a pastor and private investigator And he recommended some Christian  biographies to me that might inspire me with my writing. I read one of the biographies and saw my abuser's name in it. I found  out in May 2017 that when he was abusing me between 1995-1997, he was a married man with three kids and one of the most powerful Christian leaders in the country and he had started a ministry for men to become better husbands and fathers and held annual retreats about being better husbands and fathers. I saw that every pastor and theologian that I admired, including the late Billy Graham, had thanked this man and his family for transforming  their lives.

5. May 2017, I contacted his organization and told them what he did to me in 1995 and told them that his fried, the famous pastor, had threatened me. My abuser was fired from his own organization and the pastor was removed from the board of directors. But they both still organize the National Prayer breakfast.

6. After being fired, my abuser spends a year begging to see me. He calls, emails and texts and says he'll give me whatever i want if i forgive him and not publish a book. He says he wants to get to know each other again and build a friendship, he says we had a lot of fun in the 90s.I tell him i am publishing.

7. A board member from the organization reaches out to me and asked if he can talk to me. I agree. He says that my abuser and his family are all threatening suicide and can I please agree to meet my abuser in Chicago. I say i will think about it. This member of the board happens to be the most powerful attorney in the world and a devout Christian, so i trust him. 

He keeps emailing  me saying he is worried about me and wants to help. After three months of him trying to set up a meeting in Chicago and him emailing me, he comes out to Chicago and begs me to have sex with him telling me that my abuser sad I was "really nice." I tell the organization what he did and then he comes after me with threats to myself and to my mom. He sends men to my home and threatens me through email and texts that he is going to  have me thrown in jail(the Wall Street Journal reports on that).

8. I go to another lawfirm asking for help because I'm being threatened, but they refuse to help, and instead they let the other lawyer know i came to them looking for help

9. I go to the FBI and the police and the powerful lawyer gets fired.

10. There's a Grand Jury investigation for 7 months into me and the lawyer and it ended November 2018

11. My abuser still wants to say sorry.

12. I'm writing a book about all this

Edited by ReneeIW
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

WOW :o

My dear sister in Christ

You are still living in the middle of your abuse.

Letting go and moving on with the proper help is not what your doing and you have made your family a part of this  hanous drama instead of living a normal family life with them and protecting them from this. I would never tell my children anything like this because they are being made victims of your abuse.

Somehow you have justified putting your family through this horrible experience, and they have to bear the terrible details.

How do you justify doing this to your family. WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR???

Look at the length of this last text, all the details, and tell me your not looking for something.

This is way beyond anything I understand or care to, but I feel more than sorry for your friends and husband and children that have to carry something never necessary for them.

To me yours is an insanity that has gone BERSERK and you in whatever mindset your in are "JUSTIFYINY" every ounce of it and damaging everyone around you in your twisted process.

No matter what those say around you, you need an INTERVENTION and MAJOR HELP>

My last words here my dear sister.

I'm beyond sorry that your life has been turned upside down by this.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No matter how long this thread goes on, these are my last words here on this thread.

God bless you as God Himself  walks with you in your healing process - Dave

3 minutes ago, Seasoned by Grace said:

WOW :o

My dear sister in Christ

You are still living in the middle of your abuse.

Letting go and moving on with the proper help is not what your doing and you have made your family a part of this  hanous drama instead of living a normal family life with them and protecting them from this. I would never tell my children anything like this because they are being made victims of your abuse.

Somehow you have justified putting your family through this horrible experience, and they have to bear the terrible details.

How do you justify doing this to your family. WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR???

Look at the length of this last text, all the details, and tell me your not looking for something.

This is way beyond anything I understand or care to, but I feel more than sorry for your friends and husband and children that have to carry something never necessary for them.

To me yours is an insanity that has gone BERSERK and you in whatever mindset your in are "JUSTIFYINY" every ounce of it and damaging everyone around you in your twisted process.

No matter what those say around you, you need an INTERVENTION and MAJOR HELP>

My last words here my dear sister.

I'm beyond sorry that your life has been turned upside down by this.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No matter how long this thread goes on, these are my last words here on this thread.

God bless you as God Himself  walks with you in your healing process - Dave

I’m writing a book. My life is not turned upside down. I have a wonderful life.

Writing a book is very, very difficult but rewarding at the same time. Everyone who knows the details are begging me to stick with it and not give up. I’m taking a week off to go to my second home in Canada to see the fall foliage and go for walks on the Toronto board walk. After that we are throwing my mother her 69th birthday party. It’s a good life.

my heart melts every time my kids walk in the room. I don’t understand why I am so blessed but I am. So don’t worry about me.

im also proud of myself that I have not insulted you. Take care

• Well Said! 1

1 hour ago, LadyKay said:

No. Sorry is not enough. Any person who would do such a thing as that while being a pastor is unfit to be a pastor.  If you are asking me what I think. That is it. 

This is what I was looking for. Thank you.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

There have been many prominent and well known pastor's and religious figures who have fallen and sinned, committed adultery, fornication, fraud etc. in just my lifetime. The following scripture comes to mind:

Numbers 32:23 (KJV) But if ye will not do so, behold, ye have sinned against the LORD: and be sure your sin will find you out.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

Google 1 and 2 Timothy Rules for Pastors.....This is easy......The Pastor must have a Stellar Reputation.....If he blows it, forgive him ,but remove him from his position .....That’s the way to handle it according to the instructions Paul gave Timothy....no debate is needed, the instructions are very clear....

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Brilliant! 1

1 minute ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

.....If he blows it, forgive him ,but remove him from his position

I don’t know why this made me laugh. You sure do have a way with words. Yes, he blew it. ?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,591
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

ReneeIW,

My own thought is this: No man should have ever contacted any woman by themselves regarding this or any other matter.  It is very bad policy that sets up any woman and them for criticism that could  have been easily avoided.

No one representing  accused individuals should ever attempt contacting an accuser  personally, especially if the accuser has legal counsel. That they might try to do so is pretty good clue they are not "thinking of the accuser" at all.

As to threatening to commit suicide if publicly known to be an attacker of women; hey life can get tough for those that  do bad things. I suspect my thoughts are close to what Paul said about the Judaizers ( Reference Galatians 5:7-12 with  emphasis  12.  

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, DustyRoad said:

That's what this man based upon your account. I don't have a reason to not believe what you've shared here

He didn’t deny it. That is a blessing. Nothing worse than someone hurting you and then saying they didn’t do anything. I feel very sorry for victims who have to deal with that. 

• Thumbs Up 1